This contract between the hiring families: MR DEREK DEMPSEY'S FAMILY.
(Herein known as Family) and the child care provider: XXX
(here in referred to as Au pair) shall be in force for within a month to 2 years from the date of signature of both parties. Family and Au pair hereby agree to a one-year or less employment commitment unless Au pair is terminated for cause. Both parties agree to a give at least four (2) weeks notice before job termination unless Au pair is terminated for cause. Although this agreement outlines the key duties of the Au pair, it is not all-inclusive and from time to time the Au pair may be asked to perform additional duties that contribute to the safety and well being of the children.
Work Hours and Dates:
Au pair will provide childcare from Monday through Friday during the hours of: 8:30A.M.
And: 8:30 P.M. Nanny agrees to work a standard time frame of 25:30 hours
per week that shall be referred to hereafter as a standard work-week.
Au pair shall receive a salary of $: $450 weekly and pocket money of $: $100.
every 15th of every month. Au pair shall be paid every week.. Au pair shall be paid this hourly rate for all time worked over the standard work-week hours indicated above. Family will pay one-half (1/2) of the Social Security and Medicare tax. Family will pay one hundred percent of the Au pair’s state unemployment insurance. Aupair agrees to a $ 120 day probationary period during which either party may terminate this employment without penalty.
Au pair agrees to perform the following checked duties as requirement of her employment:
* Put the absolute safety of the child first before all other responsibilities.
* Tend to child’s basic needs such as bathing, dressing, changing diapers,
brushing teeth, and afternoon naps.
* Administer medicine to child as directed by Family.
* Prepare meals for child during scheduled hours; clean up kitchen and
dining table when completed.
* Participate and supervise activities with child, which would include: games,
walks, play dates, playground outings and reading to child daily.
* Limit television/video and computer games to: 5hrs Hours per day.
* Research and plan activities that have substantial child development, social
relationship skills and educational value.
* Keep a daily Au pair journal with a narrative of the child’s meals, naptime,
medication, activities and educational progress.
(All checked items are additional job responsibilities that apply to this agreement)
* Keep Steven bedroom and play area clean and organized; which includes
making the beds, vacuuming carpet, cleaning and disinfecting toys, etc
* Clean Steven laundry (clothes and bed linens).
* Use Au pair’s automobile to drive child to activities and events. Mileage will be
Paid to Au pair bi-monthly at a rate of $: $200 ¢ per mile. Au pair must submit
mileage to Family each week. Family will provide child’s car seats.
* Use Family automobile to drive child to activities and events.
* Grant access to home for service personnel- cable/telephone repairman, pest
Control, package delivery, housekeeping and maid services, etc.
* Grocery shopping
* Clean kitchen and empty dishwasher-daily.
* Clean interior windows and mirrors: bi-monthly.
* Clean, dust and vacuum entire house: bi-monthly.
* Clean Family’s laundry-weekly.
* Clean Family’s laundry (limited to towels/bed linens only)-weekly.
* Run errands- dry-cleaning, bank deposit, grocery store, etc, when necessary.
Au pair shall receive the following paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, and Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If any of the above holidays occur on a weekend, Au pair will be given the official Federal holiday that is observed. Au pair shall accrue .833 vacation days per month for a total of two weeks paid vacation per week (10 weekdays). Vacation cannot be used until accrued. Au pair agrees to use best efforts to take this vacation time when Family takes their vacation. If Au pair cannot coordinate this vacation schedule, Au pair
agrees to give Family at least four (4) weeks notice. In the event that Au pair travels with Family, Au pair shall be paid her regular salary plus over time hours as previously agreed upon by Family and Au pair. Sick days shall accrue at a rate of .416 days per month for a total of one week (5 weekdays) per year. Au pair agrees to use best efforts to give Family at least twelve (12) hours notice before being absent due to illness. Au pair understands Family does not provide medical insurance. If Au pair takes un-accrued vacation or sick days off, it is at the Family’s discretion to allow the hours to be made up in the future or deducted from the Au pair’s bi-monthly check. Accrued but un-used vacation and sick pay shall be paid at the Au pair’s standard compensation rates at the termination of Au pair’s employment.not use illegal drugs and understands that such use is cause for immediate termination. Au pair is allowed to use home phone for local and long distance calls. Au pair agrees to limit personal calls to 45 minutes or less. Au pair agrees to reimburse Family for all long distance charges. If Au pair does not have valid CPR and (Infant) First Aid certification, Au pair agrees to complete these courses within 3 weeks days of signature of this agreement.
The following are grounds for immediate termination with cause:
A. Allowing the children’s safety to be compromised.
B. Inconsistent or non performance of agreed upon job responsibilities
C. Dishonesty or lying to Family
E. Misuse of Family automobile
F. Breach of confidentiality clause
G. Persistent tardiness of more than 20 minutes without valid reason.
H. Unapproved guests.
I. Smoking or consumption of alcohol while on duty or within compound.
J. Illegal drug use.
Family hereby agrees to be fully bound to the terms of this contract.
Family Signature: Dempsey's Family
Nanny hereby agrees to be fully bound to the terms of this contract.
Au pair Signature:
801.255.7722 Ph || 801.255.7782 Fax
151 East 6100 South, Suite 200
Murray, UT 84107