Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#220030 by rua_rung_rinh Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:22 am
Hello,

I still in the process of looking for a host family,

Some family feel interested in me but when I ask for my documents, they say that they can work directly with US Embassy or US immigration for my coming and living in the USA.

For example:

1. The 1st host family say that:

"'I have already discussed with the UNITED STATE immigration service about my intention to get the service of a nanny to take care of my kids while I am on duty.
So, I am going to help you make sure that you get your visa at all cost with my influence......I really need a honest and sincere person to work for me.. I think the Visa registration fee is $375.00 DOLLAR(USD) so that is all they will
ask you to pay and the rest will be my doing about $4,000 DOLLAR(USD).''

2. The 2nd host family say that:

''Do you have USA Valid visa?Or i shouldhelp you to contact US Embassy here that process it for my previous Au pair ."'

Is it legal when I come to USA as an Aupair without agency?

Are they scammers?
Advertisement

#220033 by AlanJones Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:15 am
The ONLY way to become an au pair in the USA is through one of the authorised agencies, as detailed in this post https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191369#p191369.

There are NO exceptions to that procedure and anyone who tells you they can get you a visa in another way is a scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.