Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#224928 by sabdelgheffar Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:51 am
Hello,
I signed a contract to work as an au pair in NY usa and i have been contacted by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services USCIS who asked me for some documents:

Dear Applicant,
DS-2019 Forms or Petition Forms I-129 and Employment Invitation letter will certify your entry to United States, these documents would be filled and approved by the United States Immigration and Citizenship Service here and we also issue a job invitation letter to you to certify your DS-2019 Forms or Petition Forms I-129, we fax these documents to embassy in your applying country and post to your address which you present to the embassy consular on your interview date, After receiving these documents you will visit the embassy in your country to ask for your DS-160 form, the DS-160 is your visa application form to be filled by yourself and you bring them to the embassy on your interview date with your passport and documents we posted to you. To start the documents process, you must have Host Employers in United States to issue your invitation, these are requirements needed from applicants.

* Employers Contact Address.
* Employers E-mail Address.
* Employers Phone Number.
* Signed contract between the employer and employee.
* Mention your desired Visa type (J-1 visa or Non-Immigrant Visa)
* Full Names on your Passport.
* Passport Issue Date.
* Passport expiry date - (You can send a scanned page to show all your data).
* Embassy and country where you will apply for visa.
* A delivery address where your petition documents would be posted.
* Documents filling fees $250 or $325.

I was not so sure for that filling fees and i went on the www.uscis.gov the USCIS website and did find that this fee is requested, but to be sure i wanted to consult you guys because you are the experts on this.

PS: the employers send me their address phone number and email adresses

Thank you for your help.
Advertisement

#224929 by AlanJones Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:01 am
It is a scam - the writing is that of an African and not someone in the USA.

Unless you are dealing with one of the au pair agencies listed here http://j1visa.state.gov/participants/how-to-apply/sponsor-search/?program=Au%20Pair, using the contact details on that page, you cannot gen an au pair visa to the USA. The first stage of the process is an interview with the agency in your own country.

Also, visas are applied for face to face in the US Embassy/Consulate in your country.

Please post the email addresses and phone numbers that the family and the fake USCIS are using, along with the emails that they sent you, to help other victims avoide being scammed by them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.