Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#226080 by Wango Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:01 am
I have been chatting(exchanging mails), with this one guy who says he work at CITB. His wife works at standard chartered bank. After exchanging mails for some time, he offered me to work as an au-pair at his place. With that I got offer from him through some Home Office thereat UK. After sending the signed copy, I got the following message, let me copy paste the mails I got from that representative. this is 1st mail. After I have sent reply for this mail, I mean the answers they asked for, I got 2nd mail.

"Dear Applicant,

I am Barrister Mya Liungeth, a representative of the UK Home Office in charge of your application to gain entry into the UK as an Au pair for Mr. Kent Ble-Barme.

The UK Border Agency (UKBA) has been replaced by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and the Border Force. We the UK Home office are responsible for your application and have received a copy of a signed Letter of Offer from (Mr. Kent Ble-Barme) in respect to the application process of his employee (Phub Dema). After confirmation we will have to start with the processing of your documents and the National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card will commence immediately.

Note: EU applicants do not need a visa to the UK but will not gain entry access into the UK to work as a legal Au pair without the National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card. EU applicants who request leave to enter as a domestic worker/Au pair in a private household is to be refused if a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity is not produced to the Immigration Officer on arrival.

In other to avoid errors or wrong information/data in our records for immigrants, it is our duty to confirm that every information received from both parties are accurate and genuine before commencement of any application process.

-- We would like to confirm if you are responsible for the signature in the Letter of offer sent to you by Mr. Kent Ble-Barme which we acknowledged.
-- If yes, what is your relationship with the name of the individual above.
-- Have you travelled anywhere outside your country before and do you have any criminal records in your home country/abroad.

Please provide us with the following information below:
-- Your Nationality:
-- Your Place of birth:
-- Country location where you are applying from:
Kindly reply this message with appropriate answers, Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Bar. Mya Liungeth.

UK Visas and Immigration,
Directorate, integrated casework,
Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY
United Kingdom.
(UK Home Office)"

This is 2nd mail.

Dear Applicant,

We the UK Home office hereby notify you that we have acknowledged the contents of your mail and wish to inform you that we have received your Employment Contract in accordance with the amendment to the UK Visas and Immigration. After being contacted by you and your employer, we hereby acknowledge the credibility of your Employment Contract and will provide you with all the necessary information and documents needed for the processing of your travel papers. Payment for your application has been made by your employer (Mr. Kent Ble-Barme) on your behalf and we have also been advised us to help you with the processing of your travel documents, certificate of Eligibility which will certify you as a legal Au pair to work with his family here in the United Kingdom.

A person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as an Au pair in a private household may be given leave to enter for that purpose for a period stated in the agreement letter provided he/she is able to produce to the Immigration Officer, on arrival, a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity.
If you are a single applicant on the application form and no dependants are applying with you, a deposit of £400 will be required for the Mandatory Basic Insurance funds for standard applications in other to meet up with the new point-based system.
If one or more dependants are applying with you, the deposit fee of the Mandatory Insurance Funds increases by £400 consecutively for each dependant for.

Find below the necessary steps you will take to enable you obtain your work identity card for foreign nationals/Certificate of Eligibility. Follow the Instruction in the attachment sent to you thereof;
To complete new points-based system (PBS), you must send the following documents and information:
-- A scanned copy of a valid international passport/National ID.
-- Fill in and attach the form sent to you
-- View the attached COE and follow the process accordingly
-- An address reachable by courier services to use in receiving your document
-- Scanned copy of deposit slip for Verification/Confirmation Of Mandatory Basic Insurance Funds
{Please view the COE UKVI attached along with the (DBS) Application form} for more information.

NB: You are advised to read the attached form carefully and Try to meet up with the Border requirements. Applicants who intend to work as a full-time domestic worker/Au pair in a household of an employer who live in the UK and plan to leave the UK at the end of the period stated in the agreement letter or at the same time, whichever is sooner must show proof that he/she is able to support one's self in the UK before receiving his first salary without the need for public funds. Requirements should be submitted within 48 hrs (two working days) upon the receipt of this email.

DEPOSIT PROCEDURES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
On Arrival to the Western Union/MoneyGram agent or shop, please inform them that you want to make a personal payment to the UK. Then follow the steps given to you below accordingly:

-Depositor's Name: Name of any of your selected friend
-Receiver's Name: Your full name
-Amount: 400 GBP
-Payout Destination: United Kingdom.

Note: This is not a payment but a deposit to show for the Mandatory Basic Insurance Funds.
Deposit of the Mandatory Basic Insurance Fund should be made by any of your trusted friend with your name as the receiver to ensure you withdraw your money by yourself after we verify your deposit.
Kindly confirm the airport that is convenient for you to enable us effect booking as has been instructed us by your employer.

I wish to promise you a safe arrival to London. Good luck.

CONGRATULATIONS,
Bar. Mya Liungeth.

UK Visas and Immigration,
Directorate, integrated casework,
Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY
United Kingdom.
(UK Home Office)
Advertisement

#226081 by AlanJones Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:10 am
It is a scam - the Home Office would not email you or employ barristers. They would also never ask you to send money to anyone by Western Union.

The only way to apply for a visa is in person at the UK Embassy/Consulate in your country.

The UK also has very strict eligibility requirements for who can be an au pair and if you are not an EU citizen or from one of the 8 countries that are allowed visas, you cannot be an au pair in the UK.

Please post all the email addresses used by the scammer so that other victims can find them. Then just cut off contact with the scammer - do not tell him you know that he is a scammer or that you have posted his details here.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#226152 by AlanJones Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:24 pm
It is definitely a scam - please post full details of the email addresses he uses and the emails he sends to help other would-be au pairs avoid being scammed.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#226161 by michetta91 Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:56 pm
The e-mail addres is [email protected]

Today che sent me an e-mail in which che asked me to sign the contract, but I've refused to do it before seeing him and his family on Skype. The contract is signed by the same woman who has written to the guy of the post.

What could I do? Can we denounce him?
#226162 by michetta91 Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:05 pm
This si an e-mail he sent me.
"Hello,

Ok, if that be the case then it will delight me to tell you more about my family so you can get to have a better knowledge about us. I live at Belmont Avenue, London N17 6AX, I'm an Engineer working with CITB construction company. I do a lot of architectural jobs and this some times keeps me very busy and unable to give much time and attention to my family but i always try my possible best to see that they are satisfied and happy with the little time i spend with them. My wife, Karen works in Standard Chartered Bank UK, she's a lover of sports and loves little children a lot, she's also a talkative haha, she does that a lot in the kitchen even with our previous au apair, i'm sure you will like her company when you get here. 

We are very happy and loving family. Daniela loves playing with Chendra, that's our dog's name. She enjoys going for a walk, watching cartoons and when someone reads a story book to her. In summary, Daniela enjoys it when someone gives her a full attention. Bent is all about video games and sports, he's the most active in the house and sometimes loves to spend more time with me. I always enjoy going out with my family when i'm off from work, sometimes we go to the movies or maybe have some private time at the beach. I hope you will be happy and willing to join us during our outings together when you become our aupair? I have attached a few pictures of my family for you to have a a clearer view of how we look. 

As for your daily activities, you are expected to work for about 35 hours a week but you will have every weekends free for yourself. Your responsibility on a daily basis is to take good care of Daniella and Bent while we are at work, you must prepare them for school, bring them back home by 2:30 daily and assist them with their home works also ensuring that they both have her lunch and siesta.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, you could take them to the park in the evenings where they can hangout with their friends and also take a walk. We will also appreciate if you assist in doing some light works in the house such as vacuuming and dishes. It is your duty to ensure that kids rooms are well kept on a daily basis too. Please understand that we want to do our possible best to see that you feel very much at home with us and regard us as your family so we do expect you to be at your very best behavior as well. Looking forward to your next email.

Best regards,

Kent Ble-Barme"

After, che asked me many things. He look Like very interest to me and a Kind and honest man. Before the contract (that is a little imprecise), I was pretty confident him. Fortunately, I have read this post while I was looking for information about au pair contract in UK.

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english (due to my smartphone grammar corrector too).
#226195 by Wango Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:14 am
Thanks for the information guys. Well I came to know that it is a scam. I went to meet the consolute. Well ya as michetta91 stated, that is his mail ID, he wanted to skype this weekend, let me know what happens and let u guys know about it. Well when I asked him the details of his job and that of wife's he denied saying that I don't trust him. He did say that he is engineer, working at CITB and wife works at Standard chartered Bank.

Thanks guys
#226198 by Dotti Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:49 am
In reality, none of it is true.

The scammer is using stolen photos and made-up or copied names.
The entire family story is fake.

If he has found video of someone who looks like the man in the photos, he may use it to try to create some fake webcam to make it look like he is really on skype. Of course it is not true.

The English and the particular scam approach tell me that that the man writing to you is actually African. It is very possible he has never even been to UK. He just pretends to be there because many people are looking to be au pairs there.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#226201 by michetta91 Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:30 am
Wango, if you have sent some document, like identity card, you have ti denunce it (I've asked to my country Police office).
Mr. Kent said me we'll talk on Skype next weekend top.
Thanks to all.
#226320 by giulia Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:49 pm
I got the same mail from mr Kent blebarm. But i didn't know it was a scam so i sent him money. Does someone know how to get them back?
#226322 by Eugen Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:37 pm
Yes I had a similar situation about a piano I wanted to sell and they sent me a fake PayPal email and they asked me for a "money gram" payment for transport but I thought this must be a scam and thank God I didn't pay.
If you paid by paypal you may stand a chance to get your money back... GOOD LUCK !!!!
#227915 by starvt Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:32 am
Yeah it is... same info... different names !!! Then I send them what I found here.... and this ia the repply... LOL GOOD luck!!!

Sorry... I got excited too
#227976 by vonpaso xlura Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:05 pm
Please do not send scammers information found on anti-scam sites. An ignorant scammer is a kenspeckle scammer.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#240522 by Anonymous1359 Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:52 pm
I wasn't fooled and didn't get excited at all. I was more curious how the scam worked after reading this email or variations thereof that has been sent to me multiple times in the past few weeks. I didn't reply, I just wanted to know what exactly they did and how they stole money from people. I smelled the fact that this was a scam from a million miles away. Also, the english was so poor, and it's clearly a form letter. The email addresses are from Russia.

So far, I've gotten the email from the following and it's starting to piss me off:
Removed. Please see my post after yours. (BW)