Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#227019 by Maracoffeee Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:38 pm
I received this email from an english family. Is true or false?

From Miller Maureen ([email protected])

My home is 5 Green street, Mayfair, London, W1K 6RL. You have every weekend off, go home during Christmas, do your laundry at my home as you are going to be a part of the family.
I also would like to see you will be able to assist yourself
for the first month before I pay you as I would only be paying your wage of £1520 monthly into your UK account.
I would like your family to send a security deposit of £750 to you in UK . The £750 must be sent to you by your father/mother
or friend from your country or outside UK. Use Money Gram or Western Union for the deposit, then email the copy of
the receipt as evidence of your pocket money. When you arrive here you collect your deposit and put in your UK bank account.
Advertisement

#227020 by Bryon Williams Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:45 pm
Welcome,

Yes, it is 100% a Scam.

Please read this thread about Au Pair Scams. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3019

United Kingdom

Individuals wanting to be au pairs in the UK who are nationals of countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland have to apply for the Tier 5 (Youth mobility scheme). The Tier 5 scheme is very limited and only nationals of certain countries are eligible, as detailed here https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility If you are not a national of one of the countries listed then you are not eligible to be an au pair in the UK - there are no exceptions to this rule.

Individuals who are nationals of an EEA country (except Croatians at the time of writing - check the Home Office website for the current limitations) or Switzerland are entitled to freedom of movement throughout the EEA area and do not require visas to work in the UK and do not require proof of funds

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/