Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#227516 by Lexandra Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:50 pm
Hi!

First of all, sorry for my bad english, i still have to emprove it a little.

And now, in second place, i want to explain my problem with an potential scam. I'm 99% that's a scam, but i still want to comprove it here.

A few days ago I started to be an au pair, and I recive one solicitude from a family. They was so kind and nice, but they gived to me an e-mail, they said that was to can send me photos of the family, and my first question was; "Why? you can put photos in the au pair web page". But, I didn't gived importance to that i started to talk with them. The first, second and third e-amil was grate, and with nothing to worry, but today I recived an e-mail and it was something so weird. They have searched an asociation to get the Visa to go tu US, and the asociation is "Cultural Homestay International " I searched about it and it's okay. But! This asociation is from California and the family "Is" from New York, so Why don't choose the asociation from NY?.
And then, they gave me the e-mail to put me in contact with the "Cultural Homestay International" and the e-mail that they gived it's this one "[email protected]" and when i went to comprove that it's the same like the original web page, i found that it's not.
Now I will show to you, the last e-mail that i recived from the "family"

" You remember that i told you that this is my first time of hiring an aupair for my kids here in Usa and i am sure that it is very different from the way at which people hire an aupair from other parts of the world... because i heard that getting an aupair to come and work in Usa is the best and if the documents can be processed in the perfect way, then it would be great...
As i have told you before,you would be working only from Monday to Friday,and then during the weekends, you would be on your offdays, so if you want to enroll in a weekend English school, then you can register and the get to improve in your English because there are lots of English school here in NY....
we have been living in NY for over 2 months now and its a great city..... i am sure that you would love it down here in NY because there are lots of people from around the world down here..
We found an agency that a friend of ours here has already made use of for their family aupair and they told us that the agency is a very good and nice agency and that they have helped alot of people to process their documents, so we contacted the agency and we told them that we will ask our future aupair to contact them.....he also told us that the agency is amongst the recognized and registered agency with the American government....
The name of the agency is Cultural Homestay International, that they are very good and efficient agency.... he told me that they will be able to process all the documents that you will need for you, including your visa, health insurance and your flight tickets and all other things that you will need..... They would be processing a J1 visa for you, since that is the kind of visa that aupair coming to Usa usually apply for.....
th J1 visa would be for 12 months, but i want you to know that it is not really important for you to work for 12 months....
the agency is located in the united states, but they have a branch in London, because the branch in London is the one that is processing all the documents for European aupairs who would want to come and work as an aupair in Usa
The reason why i will want to do everything my way is because since this is my first time of hiring an aupair for my kids here in Usa and i am sure that it is very different from the way at which we hire aupair in other countries, so that when you arrive here in my home in New York, you will not be having any problems with the immigration or american governments.... that is why i will like you to contact the agency and tell them that i was the one that asked you to contact them... you should send them a message and tell them that i was the one that asked you to contact them that you will want to know what the necessary requirements are and how long it is going to take and how much the documents processing is going to cost.... As for the payments for the processing of your documents, i know that the total amount for your Flight down to New York will be little bit expensive, so me and my husband have decided to pay part of the processing fees for you... we will pay half of the processing fees for you, and you will be the one to pay the remaining half yourself, and when you arrive here in our home... we will return to you the money that you have paid for the processing of all your documents... all i need is just for you to send them a message and tell them all that i have told you and once you receive a reply from them i will like you to forward the message to me, so that we can know what they have told you, and then we can know what we have to do next.......
here is their email address ([email protected])..........
hope to read from you soon and enjoy the rest of the week....."

What do you think about?

I will wait for your respons.

Thankyou for the help.
Advertisement

#227518 by Grandma Grim Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:31 pm
I am sorry to say I believe it is.

There are so ma ny au pair scams out there and if you are asked to pay a fee... then usually it is a scam.

The whole of their email makes no sense really and is meant to sound hard for you to understand.

I think others will come on here and may know more.... but this is a scam. I will try to find more information for you.
on these pages that same long email address has been used:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51822&p=121718&hilit=info.culturalhomestayinternational%40consultant.com#p121718

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=79803&p=185337&hilit=info.culturalhomestayinternational%40consultant.com#p185337

If it was the genuine agency it wouldn't be the name in front of the @ it would be the domain name after it.

At least you have seen it is a scam now.... it could have been worse.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never tell a scammer he is posted here....
Never Ever send money to anyone via Western Union,Moneygram or Bank if you haven't met them.
If unsure, please ask... better ask and know than trust and be scammed....
#227530 by Dotti Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:47 pm
This is (unfortunately) a definite and a very common scam.

The scammers think that by pretending to use a legitimate agency, they will be able to convince you to send money.

Email addresses at consultant.com are free email addresses, just like yahoo or gmail addresses. They are not used by legitimate agencies.

The writing tells me the scammers are African, NOT American.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.