Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#228696 by Maria Murray Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:33 am
I received this message from this person. He is on mindme.ie and chooseme.ie both websites advertising for childminding jobs and childminders. He is using the email address [email protected]

My name is Austin, I works in a recording company as a studio manager and I have just been transferred to work in the UK just for 6 months and I will be returning back to the Ireland immediately after completing my work. Passing away on my wife was a big lost and I want the best for my children as I have promised my wife after her death. Now, I am in need of someone who is going to be taking care of our 2 children aged 4 years and 1 year old. I promise that my children are very intelligent, smart and fun to be with.

Actually, my cousin will be taking care of the children but I'm employing you to assist her in looking after the children so that she can have her private life. I have already made an arrangement for a driver who will be taking you and my children out anytime. My family will be moving to a new house somewhere not far from you but I have not yet confirm the address from the estate agent. I will let you know the address as soon as I confirm it.

You will be paid 300euro every week and you will be working 5 hours, 4 days in a week (another option: if you're not available for work during the days of the week, you can choose to work on weekends).

My cousin and my children would arrive in 3 weeks time and I would want to secure your service before the arrival of my children, I want to be sure if you are truly serious about the work?.

I really hope you are ready for this and I hope you have a very good and caring heart, I promise you will fully enjoy the company of my children. I am going to be in charge of paying your wages and your wages would be paid every 2 weeks, your payment will be paid in form of a money orders / bank draft or cheque. I hope you are okay with that.

Your first task is to help the children buy some toys and games. I want to make sure we reach an agreement before my family arrives. Email me the details below to prove that you are ready to work
Advertisement

#236862 by edelxcp Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:29 pm
I recently got contacted by this same man.He sent me the same message :shock: :? . Is he a scammer or is he genuine? Please get back as soon as possible
#236865 by Bryon Williams Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:47 pm
It is a scam.

The scammer will send you a fake check/money order and have you cash it. He then will ask you to send money to the driver via Western Union or Moneygram. The fake driver is the scammer himself.

Days or weeks later your bank will inform you of the fake check/money order and you will have to re-pay the monies back. Your bank may close your account or report you to Law Enforcement for fraud.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#237123 by edelxcp Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:44 pm
Thanks so much. I have reported him to the police.
I was thinking it was weird when he send me €4,000 in the post via bank draft. I hope to God that people like me dont get tricked my this scammer in the future. I will try and get the word out there that he is a scammer
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: