Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#236455 by Rozymor Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:09 am
I want to alert applicants to au pair/nanny jobs abour these people.

I started to talk with Kelvin Berdnant<[email protected]> and he seemed reliable at first, he was totally full of credibility as normal host family representative. He send me a contract and I signed it and send it back to him. Then, a suppossed barrister <[email protected]> of UK Home Office contacted me. Here you can finde the barrister´s emails:

[size=150]Dear Applicant,

I am Barrister Alice Lambert, a representative of the UK Home Office in charge of your application to gain entry into the UK as an aupair for Mr. Kelvin Berdnant.

The UK Border Agency (UKBA) has been replaced by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and the Border Force. We the UK Home office are responsible for your application and have received a copy of a signed Letter of Offer from (Mr. Kelvin Berdnant) in respect to the application process of his employee (Rocio Gomez Moreno). After confirmation we will have to start with the processing of your documents and the National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card will commence immediately.

Note: EU applicants do not need a visa to the UK but will not gain entry access into the UK to work as a legal Au pair without the National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card. EU applicants who request leave to enter as a domestic worker/Au pair in a private household is to be refused if a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity is not produced to the Immigration Officer on arrival.

In other to avoid errors or wrong information/data in our records for immigrants, it is our duty to confirm that every information received from both parties are accurate and genuine before commencement of any application process.

-- We would like to confirm if you are responsible for the signature in the Letter of offer sent to you by Mr. Kelvin Berdnant which we acknowledged.
-- If yes, what is your relationship with the name of the individual above.
-- Have you travelled anywhere outside your country before and do you have any criminal records in your home country/abroad.

Please provide us with the following information below:
-- Your Nationality:
-- Your Place of birth:
-- Country location where you are applying from:
Kindly reply this message with appropriate answers, Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Bar. Alice Lambert.

UK Visas and Immigration,
Directorate, integrated casework,
Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY
United Kingdom.
(UK Home Office)

Second email asking me for money:

Dear Applicant,

We the UK Home office hereby notify you that we have acknowledged the contents of your mail and wish to inform you that we have received your Employment Contract in accordance with the amendment to the UK Visas and Immigration. After being contacted by you and your employer, we hereby acknowledge the credibility of your Employment Contract and will provide you with all the necessary information and documents needed for the processing of your travel papers. Payment for your application has been made by your employer (Mr. Kelvin Berdnant) on your behalf and we have also been advised us to help you with the processing of your travel documents, certificate of Eligibility which will certify you as a legal Au pair to work with her family here in the United Kingdom.

A person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as an Au pair in a private household may be given leave to enter for that purpose for a period stated in the agreement letter provided he/she is able to produce to the Immigration Officer, on arrival, a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity.
If you are a single applicant on the application form and no dependants are applying with you, a deposit of £550 will be required for the Mandatory Basic Insurance funds for standard applications in other to meet up with the new point-based system.
If one or more dependants are applying with you, the deposit fee of the Mandatory Insurance Funds increases by £550 consecutively for each dependant for.

Find below the necessary steps you will take to enable you obtain your work identity card for foreign nationals/Certificate of Eligibility. Follow the Instruction in the attachment sent to you thereof;
To complete new points-based system (PBS), you must send the following documents and information:
-- A scanned copy of a valid international passport/National ID.
-- Fill in and attach the form sent to you
-- View the attached COE and follow the process accordingly
-- An address reachable by courier services to use in receiving your document
-- Scanned copy of deposit slip for Verification/Confirmation Of Mandatory Basic Insurance Funds
{Please view the COE UKVI attached along with the (DBS) Application form} for more information.

NB: EU Nationals are not applying for a visa but for National Insurance Number and Work Scheme Card only.
You are advised to read the attached form carefully and Try to meet up with the Border requirements. Applicants who intend to work as a full-time domestic worker/Au pair in a household of an employer who live in the UK and plan to leave the UK at the end of the period stated in the agreement letter or at the same time, whichever is sooner must show proof that he/she is able to support one's self in the UK before receiving his first salary without the need for public funds. Requirements should be submitted within 48 hrs (two working days) upon the receipt of this email.

DEPOSIT PROCEDURES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
On Arrival to the MoneyGram agent or shop, please inform them that you want to make a personal payment to the UK. Then follow the steps given to you below accordingly:

-Depositor's Name: Name of any of your selected friend
-Receiver's Name: Your full name
-Amount: 550 GBP
-Payout Destination: United Kingdom.

Note: This is not a payment but a deposit to show for the Mandatory Basic Insurance Funds. Ensure that you keep the original receipt with you as you will need it to access your money after the confirmation process.
Deposit of the Mandatory Basic Insurance Fund should be made by any of your trusted friend with your name as the receiver to ensure you withdraw your money by yourself after we verify your deposit.
Kindly confirm the airport that is convenient for you to enable us effect booking as has been instructed us by your employer.

I wish to promise you a safe arrival to London. Good luck.

CONGRATULATIONS,
Bar. Alice Lambert.

Croydon CR9 2BY
United Kingdom
(UK Home Office).

First, the uk home office does not apply barristers in these respects and even they do not email. Moreover, I am Spanish, I can go freely on UE countries and pay only for my travelling tickets. NEVER SEND MONEY AND DO NOT TRUST PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WANT A SKYPE CALLING!

I send him a feedback saying that I was disappointed all was a fraud. Here you have his reponse (LOL!!!) making himself credible until the last moment:
I beg your pardon! how dare you say such about me? i honestly can't believe i have been trusting someone enough to look after my only daughter knowing that she has no atom of trust for me or my family. I really don't understand why they should be asking you for money because i already pay for all the cost and money that they requested from me.

You should have explained everything to me in a polite manner not accusing me, i find this email to be very embarrassing and you make me feel so bad for putting in all my best in other to see you are approved to work as an aupair for my family in the UK. Thank you for the insult and thanks for making me feel so bad.

Goodbye!

Even a response from the supposed barrister:

Dear Applicant,

We hereby inform you that we do not tolerate inproper emails or unpleasant words from any applicant. I hope you understand that you are dealing with the UK Homoe Office and any strong acquisition or abusive words used to address us or any of our staffs is likely to hinder your application. However, we have already informed your employer about this and we will be terminating your application immediately after his approval. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
Bar. Alice Lambert.

Croydon CR9 2BY
United Kingdom
(UK Home Office).
Advertisement