Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#238726 by Mikes808 Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:18 pm
This just happened to me - I gave he/she my information and am a bit worried. Heres their newest identity. She texted me first saying she found me on Care.com and to email her my resume and information.

Hello, thank you for responding to my text...I'm about to leave for work and i want to use the opportunity to email you, I live in MD, but i am moving to your area on Feb

28th. and i will need a babysitter for my 6yrs old Son immediately, Depend on what time you will be available for him and hrs if i am okay by it and i will also need you

for an errand to help my mom pay her bills,do some shopping for my mom and son and pay for the furniture for my new house as started in my text . please let me

know if you also work on weekend and make sure you let me know when its convenience for you .More importantly, I am willing to pay you just try and get back to me

and let me know how much you want for the childcare and the errand helper, which i will pay you separately and handsomely for the errand because i will need to get

some thing fix before i move down , like the furniture bills ,mom bills and some little stuff...(Mind you is just a flexible and simple errands, It does not affect your

present job if you are not able to babysitter my son) I really need a honest and responsible person. This could be a temporary/permanent job. It depends on what your

schedule looks like. I am moving to a new house that i need to fix some interior and get furniture and have contacted the furniture company because i don't know if you

will like to stay in my house or you want my son to stay with you that really depend on what you want. I will let you know as soon as we finalize issues. I will like you to

send me your complete name,address and cell phone number so i can include that to my payroll for the period. I also will like you to tell me a few things about yourself.

Here is a little about me. I am a single mother, I am 39 and i am hard of hearing. I have lived in Irving, Texas before. I attended Texas School for the Deaf because i am

hard hearing , where i achieved my highest qualification. I am a stock brokers and i also a member of charity organization that produce for the Charity (Self Employed).

I am never married. I attend the catholic. You will get to know more when we meet. Kindly include in your email your complete name,address and also your cell phone

number so i can text you in case i need to pass an urgent information.
NOTE : let me know your charges hourly or daily for the weekdays only? and any other thing you think (JASON) will need so that i can make provision and also if there

is anything you need to get to take care of him,please do tell me so that we can make all necessary arrangements prior to our arrival date.

I'm an independent bookkeeper contractor and i also produce for charity and with this Job i travel alot so you can work as long as you want with me but you have to be

honest ....I have decided to choose you for this position and i do hope for a very eventful time with you while you look after my son and run an errand . My son name is

(JASON). I will like to state the job details to you again so we wouldn't have any complications at the end.The starting date is March 4.. The pay rate is $15/Hour You

will be paid for his snacks/food daily or at the end of each week (which ever you prefer) so tell me what time will you be able to baby sitter him ?..about 6months ago i

had a nanny for the her along West Colfax Avenue but she moved to Canada with her husband about 3months ago. I will like for us to meet on (3 March,2015) evening

so we can talk about the kid-fun activities i will be interested in and get to know each other. We could meet at the McDonald's close to you if that works for you.I

once booked a nanny and on arrival she told me she got another job which was a big disappointment.For this reason,I will like to commit you by paying

(DEPOSITING) you for the first week of your service before our arrival to secure the date so i can be absolutely sure of having you care for (JASON) to enable things

go perfectly without disappointment.I am planning on having furniture and other interior appliances for immediate delivery to my new house after payment so that you

guys can stay in my house if you want and everything will be ready in my house and i want to ensure we are on the same page but kindly let me know if you will be able

to do the errands together with the nanny or the only errands because is a very simple and flexible that wont affect your present job and you will be pay handsomely ...
I await to hear back from you. and also i will like you to take few minutes of your time to answer the few questions below

1)Can you drive?

2)Can you swim?

3) Do you smoke??

4)Do you have any criminal records?doesn't really matters to me as long as you have learn from your past mistakes,An ready to give you a chance.

5)where are you located presently and what is the address of McDonald's close to you ?

6) Are you First Aid and CPR certified?? ( Its just an added Advantage..)

7) Total charges for the hours

8) Date Of Birth ?

8) Let me know which one you will love to do if you can not do the both but its a flexible job

Thank you

Second email (after I sent my info)
Thanks for getting back to me ,Me and my son can not wait to see you ,but i will need you for errand helper before i move down which you will be pay for separately because some house interior need to pay for and pay some bills for my mom but you will do all this at the Walmart Store close to you , So i really need you to be honest with me and you will never regret with me .. I will still need to find a tutor for him for the mean time to find a better school for him .. We can meet at any McDonald close to you . I hope this is a convenient time for you. I will appreciate you working for us as one family not just a caregiver. That increases the love and build a great partnership between us. I was able to finalized with the furniture company. The Furniture and other little house interior cost $2400. so i will be mailing your first week payment ($15/hr x 5hrs/day = $75 x 5days a week= $375) of your own money $375 plus an additional deposit of $2400 to make a total of $2,775 on the check as soon as i hear back from you.The additional money is for the money for you to run an errand and do some shopping, pay bills for mom and my son, which you will also be pay for separately, You will also need to pay for my furniture and some house interior but you will only make all the payment at the Walmart close to you ...I will let you know mom utilities bills and some shopping to do for them as soon as the check clears. Kindly let me know if this is clear so i can proceed to mailing the check immediately
I just want to confirm your information before i forward it to the payroll department so that you can start an errand for me before we meet because i will need to make some payment for my mom bills, furniture and some house interior which you make all the payment at the Walmart close to you so it wont be a stressful for you , The payment will be mail out probably as soon as possible . Kindly confirm that the below information for
immediate processing of your check.

Name...
Home Address..
City......
State....
Zipcode......
Cell Phone Number ...

Just to make it clear and please kindly get back to me with your info if you interested because the payment will be mail out to you and i dont want a situation where you will tell me you not interested because i dont have time to start looking for another person, I just want some one that will be faithful and you will enjoy working with me . The check will come with the total amount of $2,775. $375 goes for your first week deposit and the balance of $2,400 goes to the money for the errands. I hope you have a working bank account where the check will be deposited if you receive the check?I will look for your email soon to ensure everything is clear so i can forward your information.
Best Regards

Her email was [email protected]
Hope this can help someone
Advertisement

#238731 by Bryon Williams Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:59 pm
@Mikes808 Thank you for the update.

Text number used by this scammer.

312-622-9501
+1-312-622-9501
(312) 622-9501
[email protected]

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#255938 by AlanJones Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:30 am
Hi Kayte5683, welcome to Scamwarners.

Cut off all contact with the scammer, do not tell him you know it is a scam, just disappear.

If you have received the fake check already, do not bank or cash it - shred it or pass it to your local police along with print outs of the emails and the envelope it was sent in. If you have already deposited it, let your bank know that you have found out it is fake.

Please also post some of the emails the scammer sent here for others to find.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#271208 by Julia Wojcik Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:14 pm
Looks like [email protected] is at it again!

I received a text from this swindler with a job offer too good to be true. After claiming he/she/it found my number on Care.com, I promptly contacted the website to report this twit.

I hope they contract an unbridled case of herpes.