Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#239189 by Reese Scott Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:33 am
Good day

2 days ago i was scammed on a promising Job to be a Au-Pair in the UK, i would just like to know if there is anyway i can report them, track the money they stole from me and if i can do anything to help the next person who might being scammed at the moment.

I am so shocked at what has happened and how fast these scam artist are. I want to make people aware of what has happened, I have all my documents received from them, I have cell numbers so if anyone has insight as how to go about the situation, what i should do, what i can do!

Please help out, i feel that if we can work together we can catch these people.

Much Appreciated
Advertisement

#239190 by AlanJones Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:37 am
Hi Reese, the scammer is most likely in Africa or the Far East and I'm guessing that the money was sent by Western Union, which is untraceable, so I'm afraid that it is almost certain that you won't be able to get your money back.

The best way to help others is to post all of the details of the scammer, the email addresses they used, the phone numbers and examples of the emails (particularly the one asking for payment).

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#239193 by Reese Scott Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:22 pm
Hey Alan Jones

I shall Email you all My Information and we can try get them.. or well inform people about people like them, the most scary thing is that the still emailing me and i am not sure if i should reply..

I hoped that it was not a scam but when Money Gram had told me that my money was gone i was shocked, maybe if you see all the emails from both the Host Family, AND UK boarder agency you can help others that might be scammed or just make people aware of these people..

Thanks so much for your help.