Advertisement

#233415 by AlanJones Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:02 am
Thank you both for posting - 1-803-692-1298 (+18036921298) is a Google Voice VoIP number, so it could be used anywhere in the world.

@GygGeenie, if you haven't done so, please report the compromised card to your card merchant and they should make sure that it is blocked.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#233517 by GymGeenie Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:04 pm
GEvoFit, I got this part of the story too:

The 4 kids do swimming and basketball
None of them has no injury
The kids need Gain strength, Mobility, Flexibility

I notified my cc processor MindBodyOnline. They took down the cc number but said they cannot prevent other merchants from using this card. Is there anything more I should do?

Thank you so much,
GymGeenie
#233529 by AlanJones Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:59 pm
From David warnock - [email protected]

Thanks for the prompt response, I want to make an appointment for Fitness training and exercise service for my family (private group training for four).I want you to get back to me with the total estimate for 1 month private training for 4 people 2(Female) aged (20, and 18)and 2(Male) aged (19 and 22) for 3 weeks 1hr daily 3 times a week, they will be coming with a private transportation driver for the service.I will be expecting your reply with the total cost and your full name,address and direction for the private transport to locate your place when they are coming for the service.

David.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#233568 by AlanJones Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:25 am
I want you to know that I've not pay for the driver service charges due to he doesn't have facility to credit card and i want to make his payment to him and i believe western union is more easier and okay and the favor i want you to do is

Favor

Thank you very much for your respond, The favor is I want you to know that I've not pay the private driver service due to they don't have access and facility to credit card except cash and there's no way for me to make the payment with them with my card and i want you to add the sum of $1,958.98 to the price of the training and also and paying for 5% to 7% credit card company charge okay and am giving you tip of $100 for helping with this and $158 for western union charges can you add everything up now so i can make the full payment right now and how many days does it take for money to clear into your bank account okay

#240315 by FogCityFitClub Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:26 pm
I have been dealing with this scam (wasn't sure what was going on at first) since I received a text at 1:39am Saturday morning from a PA number (I'm in CA), saying, "Hi, Am William ,i would like to know if you are available for personal fitness and do you accept credit card,i await your response back..

After a brief response from me, along with some random other texts from him, the following email thread happened:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2& ... abc1ce7ae4

**I have not sent the last email in the thread, and I likely will not. Who do I need to report this to?
#240316 by Bryon Williams Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:33 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

What was the text number used?

There is no one to report it to. You will get the word out once you post the text number.

Do not text him back or email him. Just delete it and ignore him.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#240345 by Gymrat Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:56 am
I received the scam via text from 2 different people (and possibly a third) requesting training for their family members and wanting me give them a total cost and send a money gram to the driver for transportation. Thru a series of questions to the scammers, which they wouldn't answer, made it very suspicious. The posting under scamwarners was verbatim as to what they originally said. Hearing impaired, pay the bus driver up front as a favor, etc. One thing that was really odd was that they asked my martial status???? I didn't respond. What should that matter?

One of the names was Smith Rio and texted from 312-480-2719. The other was from Robert Roop who claimed to be female. That text came from 575-252-0986.

I have a third one that might turn out to be the same. I'll post the name and number once I know for sure.
#240350 by Gymrat Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:08 am
I just confirmed the third person who contacted me is also a scam. I was to send the bus driver his money in advance. The name she used was Kate Crouch and the phone number she texted from was 256-333-2124. This is also the number used by the so called bus driver (Chris) asking when I was going to charge "Kate's" card. Strange that they would be using the same phone number to text from. The first time she contacted me she sent the text from 952-388-5178. She was very anxious for me to process here credit card back in January even tho I was in the process of changing gyms. That didn't seem to concern her. BIG RED FLAG!!!

The email address she was using is [email protected].

I believe all 3 are working this scam together.

The name used by the bus driver for the first 2 (Rio and Robert) is Irvine Herbert.
#240351 by Bryon Williams Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:18 am
Any one wanting to pay you via Credit Card and have you wire money for any reason to a third party is a scammer.

Do not be concerned with the phone numbers. They can be Voip or text site numbers.

The email came so early in the morning because the scammer is in West Africa. He is awake and scamming.

His writing is of a West African.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#240389 by Macher Swim School Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:14 am
I have received this email below like the others on this post. They have gone as far as to give me credit card info, should I forward this email to a proper authority and who would that be?

Hello Amanda Thank you for the reply and here is there ages Janet Willy 2 (Female) Jenifer James age (10 and sandy smith 3).......2 (Male)age (fox brown 5 and harry Dickson 7) alright did you get that right,they are my family my name is Kelly Smith and am hearing impaired you can only reach via email or text so provide me your cell phone number so i could forward my credit card for you to secure the appointment for family hope that is okay by you?

They are going to come with my private bus driver because presently right now i am still at hospital all because i was down with a diagnosis of cancer of the lungs as such i had to spend some time in the intensive care and i want this lesson as a surprise for them..When the private bus driver bring them for the first lesson they will fill all the necessary forms Alright?

they are coming by twice a week?..i prefer Monday and Friday 10:30 and 11:30... i just need you to bill my credit card for $3000 while you keep $1000 as deposit and have the remaining send $2000 to the private driver account in which i will provide you the info to have the funds deposit to his account when the funds has been posted and clears to your account? is that okay now ?

I can't do anything my self and that was the reason why i ask you for this favor.

Favorable Regards,
Kelly.

Email address that they are coming from is [email protected]
Kelly Smith is their name
#240685 by Mike Wilson Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:40 pm
Hello and thanks for posting this information as it will help others avoid this scam. You also have a PM from me.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#241173 by [email protected] Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:46 pm
Names they used:
- Susana Smith
- Racheal Esther
Phone number they used: (407) 307-0071
Emails they used:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
Bank account to deposit the money into #: 2910-1901-4362
Name on Bank Account: Sultan O. Anifowoshe
Charter Bus #: (334) 603-1519

Beware: They used this fake Facebook page to communicate with me: https://www.facebook.com/racheal.esther.75?fref=ts

To ALL Dancers - ESPECIALLY INSTRUCTORS of any sort - beware of this. I just got SCAMMED big-time. This Salsa private lesson for a wedding group "seemed" legit. TOTALLY LEGIT!!
When I ran their credit card, all $3140 of funds were there, and then fully deposited to my bank account the next day. When I asked for the Social Security number and address of the person I was supposed to send the "charter bus" money to, (for IRS tax purposes), they stopped communicating with me. I asked why they could not give me a company name. They never responded. It was difficult to do, but I refunded the entire $3140 money to the credit card they gave me that very night.
I do not want to be a part of some money-laundering scam.