#243482 by Bryon Williams Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:07 pm
VRBO - Homeaway vacation rental scammer. [email protected] - 380938708635

Message from Fabriano Hackett

Hello,i saw your house for rent and i will like to know if it is available for the dates requested. I will be coming with my wife and also my 2 kids Andre and Alena. Will wait for your reply on this as soon as possible. Thanks
Fabriano

Hello Xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
thanks for your reply.The accommodation and dates are just perfect. I hereby confirm reservation booking of the place for the dates given. My information is as follows;
Mr& Mrs F.Hackett
2 Oboronaya street,
01435 Kiev, Ukraine.
+380938708635
I will arrange for a check payment.Kindly provide the details requested below so I can proceed with the payment to secure the booking.The information needed are:
1.Your full Name as should be written on the check,
2.Billing Address (City,State,Zip code,)
3.Telephone number.
Thanks hope to hear from you again.

Fabriano

Rental Scammer targeting online rental owners: In this scam the scammer will send a fake check or money order in an amount higher than the price. He will later write to inform you of the mistake. He will want you to send the overage to a third party via Western Union or Money Gram. The third person is still the scammer or his gang. They will pretend to be a Travel agent, assistant or etc.

Another version is that the scammer has problems and can not travel. He now wants you to refund the money.

The fake check or money order will look real. Your bank will cash the fake check. Days or weeks later your bank will advise you about the fake check. You will have to re-pay the bank. The bank may even report you to Law Enforcement for Fraud.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#247147 by Bryon Williams Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:04 pm
VRBO - Homeaway Scammer

LINDA HARE - [email protected]

HelloThanks for the updated information. We are okay with the accommodation .We would also like to confirm the reservation on the following information:
Name : Mr & Ms L.T HARE Address :21 LEVCHENKO VIRTUS LANE KHARKIV 61022 Ukraine. Also , due to the unsecured use of credit card or other online payment,we will arrange for payment inform of a check.Please do forward me the following details for payment
FULL NAMEBILLING ADDRESSCONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER EMAIL ADDRESS
Hope to hear from you soonBest Regards
LINDA HARE

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#247725 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:20 pm
Hello Xxxxxxxxxxx,
thanks for your reply.The accommodation and dates are just perfect. I hereby confirm reservation booking of the place for the dates given. My information is as follows;
Mr& Mrs S.Kallenberg
2 Oboronaya street,
01435 Kiev, Ukraine.
+380938708635
I will arrange for a check payment.Kindly provide the details requested below so I can proceed with the payment to secure the booking.The information needed are:
3.Telephone number.

Salvador

#254978 by andymore Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:13 am
If you do seasonal rental rental becarefull of scammer from the Ukraine, could possibly happen from other countries, He is the rental request that I got,

"HelloI am sorry for the little delay in getting back to you about the payment .There was a mix up in the payment sent to you ,I was supposed to receive two separate payment one for you and the other for my travel agent,but unfortunately the whole sum ofthese two payments were issue on 1 check in your name and sent to you . I tried to correct this but it was in vain as i was ask to resolve the problem myself. It would have to go through a very long process to change this error .Please I don't know what to do.My travel agent advised me to contact you since the check is issued in your name , you should be able to help.As soon as you have the check and clears into your account, you are to keep your full payment and remit the balance to my travel agent or to me."

He is his information,

" Also , due to the unsecured use of credit card or other online payment,we will arrange for payment inform of a check.Please do forward me the following details for payment
FULL NAMEBILLING ADDRESSCONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBEREMAIL ADDRESS
Hope to hear from you soonBest RegardsTommyDate: Thu, 21 May 2015 17:03:47 -0500"

They will request your name, address information and claims that they don't trust credit cards and want to mail in the payment for the rental, then they will claim their travel agent made a mistake and sent airline fees along with the rental fee together in 1 check, they contact you advising that a mistake was made and as soon as you get the check to cash it and keep your amount and to send them the balance by western union. The ckeck will have no funds and will bounce, and the scammers will have the money that you sent.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added quotations.
#254982 by Bryon Williams Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:20 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the post.

Did the scammer give you a name, email address, and phone number in the inquiry? If so could you post the information so other owners can find the information if they do an internet search.

#254984 by andymore Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:15 pm
HelloThanks for the updated information. We are okay with the accommodation .We would also like to confirm the reservation on the following information:
Name : Mr & Mrs Tommy Oscar 41-B, Sumskaya str. Kharkov 63120, Ukraine

Also , due to the unsecured use of credit card or other online payment,we will arrange for payment inform of a check.Please do forward me the following details for payment
FULL NAMEBILLING ADDRESSCONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBEREMAIL ADDRESS
Hope to hear from you soonBest RegardsTommyDate: Thu, 21 May 2015 17:03:47 -0500
#254985 by Bryon Williams Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:20 pm
^^^ Thank you.

Please read VRBO Homeaway warning on scams and how to report it. http://help.vrbo.com/articles/en_US/Art ... am-Inquiry

Please still report them here.

If you get a fake check. Just give it and the mailer to your banks fraud dept or refuse delivery of the package.

#256521 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:55 pm
Hello,
Mr& Mrs D.Colantuoni
2 Oboronaya street,
01435 Kiev, Ukraine.
+380938708635
3.Telephone number.

Derex

#261818 by Bryon Williams Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:18 pm
Hello, kindly let us know if our dates are available. I and my wife are planing on our second year anniversary vacation. Get back to us as soon as possible.
Gerard

Hello,
Mr& Mrs G.Fallows
2 Oboronaya street,
01435 Kiev, Ukraine.
+380938708635
3.Telephone number.

Gerard

Gerard Fallows
[email protected]

Rental Scammer targeting online rental owners: In this scam the scammer will send a fake check or money order in an amount higher than the price. He will later write to inform you of the mistake. He will want you to send the overage to a third party via Western Union or Money Gram. The third person is still the scammer or his gang. They will pretend to be a Travel agent, assistant or etc.

Another version is that the scammer has problems and can not travel. He now wants you to refund the money.

The fake check or money order will look real. Your bank will cash the fake check. Days or weeks later your bank will advise you about the fake check. You will have to re-pay the bank. The bank may even report you to Law Enforcement for Fraud.

#269588 by Bryon Williams Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:08 pm
Message from Dallus ceasarz

Good Day, we saw your advert for rent,will be coming on vacation to the States with my Wife, please let us know if you have our dates available so i can have my accountant mail you a check for the full amount. Thanks
Dallus

#277456 by Martin W Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:34 pm
I have just received this email in regards to our rental property listed on Homeaway

Hello
Thanks for the updated information. We are okay with the accommodation .
We would also like to confirm the reservation on the following information:
Name : Mr & Mrs Owen Anna
41-B, Sumskaya str.
Kharkov
Ukraine
Also , due to the unsecured use of credit card or other online payment,we will arrange for payment inform of a check.
Please do forward me the following details for payment
FULL NAME
BILLING ADDRESS
CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER
EMAIL ADDRESS
Hope to hear from you soon
Best Regards
Owen
This came from this email address: [email protected] when checking their home address google maps could not find, when address search on regular google Scam sites listed the address as a Scammer.
Thought this might help someone else
#277458 by Mike Wilson Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:09 am
Hello Martin W,
Thank you for posting this information. The check will either be stolen or a forgery and the amount will be more that you agreed on. They will want you to deposit the check and send the 'overpayment' to a third party who in reality is the scam scammer playing another role in the scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon