Southburn, Driffield
East Yorkshire, YO25 9ED
United Kingdom

TEL: +4470457 68711
FAX: 852-3420 0610
WEB: [email protected]

for fly fishing guiding. His first email was:

"Greetings,

Regarding an intended vacation with would be preferably fly fishing, i am thus contacting you to furnish me with your fishing season programme for the year

I will look at it with my friends and colleague and get back to you, if it fits in fine with us

Hope to read from you soonest
Thanks"

All seemed legit until I received this email:

"Hello ,

Thanks for your response, we are quite pleased with your quote, as such we would be making a payment to hold down our bookings.......
Please do confirm to me when you would be in your office, so i can send you my credit card details for you to proceed with the charges.

Upon the receipt of your confirmation I will send the details of the credit card for you to charge accordingly.

1. As soon as you receive the credit card details you are required to charge the card for the total amount of 17,500USD + bank charges.

2. Once this is done and confirmed in your account, you are to deduct your deposit of 5,500USD for your services and then

3. send the balance 12,000USD to the Logistic agent to enable him conclude all our transports logistics and International Airport transfer arrangement.

His information will be forwarded to you alongside the credit card information.The balance includes the transfer charges via SWIFT bank or western union money transfer.

You are also to deduct the fees and taxes involved in processing this amount form the credit card details

4. Prepare all invoice in my name

PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS ARRANGEMENT AND REPLY PROMPTLY TO ENABLE US PROCEED...

Regards,
Christopher Walter
DG Globals Inc
Southburn, Driffield
East Yorkshire, YO25 9ED
United Kingdom

TEL: +4470457 68711
FAX: 852-3420 0610
WEB: [email protected]"

I then checked the email - [email protected] and businesses 'cwalter associates' and 'Dgpetservice'. Both are non-existing and bogus.

I informed them of this, and I haven't heard from them since. So beware!
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue May 03, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations and moved.
Advertisement

#293650 by Mike Wilson Tue May 03, 2016 2:31 pm
The first email will probably has information similar to the following.

Christopher Walter [email protected]

Hi,

Much thanks for your response....

we are cool and flexible with the various types of fishing......., as such please do furnish me with the total cost and packages for 8 days fishing for 5 persons around the third week of August...

Hope to read from you soonest

NB: hope u accept payments via credit card

Regards
Chris

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#298476 by vonpaso xlura Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:32 am
Process a total charge of $21,300. Charge in bits of 6000 6000 6000 and 3300.Complete all charges today.

Card Type:VISA
Card Holder:CHRISTOPHER WALTER
Card No: (reported)

Get back to me with the scan slip of the charges after payment.

(Numbers changed.) There is no legitimate reason to split charges over one card. Scammers do that because they don't know what the limit is.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10