#290973 by wiiinston Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:40 pm
I'm also a wedding photographer who has received exactly the same emails above from this person. Thanks so much for sharing this info. Unfortunately I got to the stage of sharing my name and address with him so that he could send a bankers draft, but that info is on my website anyway - I don't think it'll do much harm.

As soon as i sent my reply I checked on here. Should have done it the other way around. Ah well. I've since emailed him again to say that actually I'm busy on that date afterall and not to send a deposit. Hopefully he'll go away now. What waste of time!
Advertisement

#291058 by Bounty1000 Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:19 pm
I had the same email and I am wedding photographer 100% scam :|
If any of you do Weddings please be aware of this scam:
I had bad feeling about all this...........
I did some research on google........
I find this article
viewtopic.php?f=43&p=290634
My email macthing excaxtly word to word.
This is the scam and looks like the person targetting U.K photographers now.
Please be aware and share this post!!!
Don,t even replay to the emails.
Hope no one falls!!
Thank you
Orginal email below:
Hi,
I'm sorry for my late reply, your message went into my junk folder, i was lucky to have found it today. Thank you for your response to my message. I would have loved to call you, but I need an international calling card to do so and time different is another obstacle, but I will be detailed enough in this message. My name is James Greety, I and my wife Parma Greety are parents of the Bride, we are Canadians from Canada.

I and my wife worked and lived in London for 13 years, we returned to Canada in 2013 but we still visit UK from time to time, like twice a year, UK is our second home. Our daughter is getting married to her longtime boyfriend/fiancée they met about 8 years ago when we were still living in the UK and both of them relocated to Canada a year after we relocated to Canada, the Groom is a British, so it was our daughter and her fiancée decision to have their wedding in the UK, so friends and family can be present.

I and my wife wan to make this a surprise secrete gift for them by providing photography with a unique wedding package for their big day, We believe photographs is the most important part of wedding ceremony for long lasting memory, so we are the one paying for your service. The wedding ceremony and reception will be taking place at our house in London, we have enough space for the ceremony and reception.

Groom Name: Harri John Edward
Bride Name: Jolina Greety
Event Date: 8th of June 2016
Number of people expected: Between 60 to 80
Ceremony and Reception Location: Litchfield Way, London NW11 6NJ, UK
Don't worry about the distance/traveling, we are willing to cover whatever cost for your transportation, so distance/traveling cost shouldn't be your concern to cover, just let us know the cost.

We don't need pre-wedding shots, What we need from you are;

Full day of 8 or up to 12 hours
Bridal preparation
First dance
Cutting of the Wedding Cake
Reception
Speeches
Family shots
And add whatever more you can add to make it the best and unique package you can possibly put together.

We also want an extra leather album of 30 or up to 60 pages. As i said above don't worry about the distance/traveling, we are willing to cover whatever cost for your transportation, so distance/traveling cost shouldn't be your concern to cover, just let us know the cost.

Please it is very important to let us know the total COST for the entire SHOOTING, ALBUM and your TRANSPORTATION as soon as possible, so i can arrange for the deposit on time in order to secure the date.

Waiting to hear from you soon.

Regards
#291121 by wheest Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:27 am
Wedding photographer in the UK had exactly the same message above. But also got another one he must have sent accidentally:

Hi,

I'm sorry for my late reply, your message went into my junk folder, i was lucky to found it today. I think it's important to tell you how i got your contact, I got your contact while searching on google for United Kingdom massage therapists directories. Thank you for your response to my message. I would have loved to call you, but I need an international calling card to do so and time different, but I'm going to be detailed enough in this message. My name is Ranee Bruce, I'm 54 years old and my wife name is Pam Bruce 49 years old, we are both Canadian from Canada.

We always celebrate our wedding anniversary during holidays/vacation every year, which is mainly in various cities / countries for the last 24 years of our marriage. We chose UK for this year 24th anniversary vacation. We want full body Massage/Relaxation or any other kind of treatment that will be a relaxation treatment.

We will be in UK for 6 weeks, from 20th of March to 30th of April 2016, we want 12 massage sessions each, that will be 24 sessions for both of us. 2 sessions each a week, for the period of 6 weeks, it can be any time of the day and any 2 days of the week you prefer, our schedule will be flexible when we arrive in UK on the 20th of March.

We prefer 1 hour sessions. We would suggest the following Schedule:

Week-1: 2 sessions for me, 2 sessions for my wife (Please select the day and time you like)
Week-2: 2 sessions for me, 2 sessions for my wife (Please select the day and time you like)
Week-3: 2 sessions for me, 2 sessions for my wife (Please select the day and time you like)
Week-4: 2 sessions for me, 2 sessions for my wife (Please select the day and time you like)
Week-5: 2 sessions for me, 2 sessions for my wife (Please select the day and time you like)
Week-6: 2 sessions for me, 2 sessions for my wife (Please select the day and time you like)

Please calculate the total cost of 24 massage sessions and let me know the total cost. Our sessions can be one after another or anyhow you want it will be okay with us. I will like to remind you again that our time / programs will be flexible during our vacation in UK, our sessions can be either morning, afternoon or evening and any two days of the week you prefer.

We will book an hotel that is very close to your location, so coming for our sessions will not be a problem. Please respond to this message with the total cost of 24 sessions.

Thank you.

So seems he is also targeting masseuse as well with the name Ranee Bruce.

Glad I trusted my gut instinct and searched his name first.
Last edited by AlanJones on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Changed code tag to a quote
#291861 by Colinek333 Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:40 pm
I am wedding photographer and received exactly the same emails.
Everything seems to be OK for me since today when I received the cheque for over $5000 where my deposit was only £650.
When I sent him email about it, he said to go ahead with the cheque, reduce my payment and the rest send on his bank account. It was weird so I put his name on google.
#291862 by Bryon Williams Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:46 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Can you post the emails and email email address sent to you minus your personal information.

Also post the email with the bank account he gave you.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#291867 by Colinek333 Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:44 pm
Below his emails:

James Greety <[email protected]>
To [email protected] Mar 31 at 7:45 AM
Hi,

I got your contact on your website, which i searched through google. We need your service as our wedding photographer. Can you please tell me how much you charge for wedding? I mean i want to know about the packages you have for wedding and their prices?

Waiting for your answer about the prices, so i can give you more details.

Thanks

To [email protected] Apr 4 at 8:48 AM
Hi,

I'm sorry for my late reply, your message went into my junk folder, i was lucky to have found it today. Thank you for your response to my message. I would have loved to call you, but I need an international calling card to do so and time different is another obstacle, but I will be detailed enough in this message. My name is James Greety, I and my wife Parma Greety are parents of the Bride, we are Canadians from Canada.

I and my wife worked and lived in London for 13 years, we returned to Canada in 2013 but we still visit UK from time to time, like twice a year, Uk is our second home. Our daughter is getting married to her longtime boyfriend/fiancée they met about 8 years ago when we were still living in the UK and both of them relocated to Canada a year after we relocated to Canada, the Groom is a British, so it was our daughter and her fiancée decision to have their wedding in the UK, so friends and family can be present.

I and my wife wan to make this a surprise secrete gift for them by providing photography with a unique wedding package for their big day, We believe photographs is the most important part of wedding ceremony for long lasting memory, so we are the one paying for your service. The wedding ceremony and reception will be taking place at our house in London, we have enough space for the ceremony and reception.

Groom Name: Harri John Edward
Bride Name: Jolina Greety
Event Date: 8th of August 2016
Number of people expected: Between 60 to 80
Ceremony and Reception Location: Litchfield Way, London NW11 6NJ, UK
Don't worry about the distance/traveling, we are willing to cover whatever cost for your transportation, so distance/traveling cost shouldn't be your concern to cover, just let us know the cost.

We don't need pre-wedding shots, What we need from you are;

Full day of 8 or up to 12 hours
Bridal preparation
First dance
Cutting of the Wedding Cake
Reception
Speeches
Family shots
And add whatever more you can add to make it the best and unique package you can possibly put together.

We also want an extra leather album of 30 or up to 60 pages. As i said above don't worry about the distance/traveling, we are willing to cover whatever cost for your transportation, so distance/traveling cost shouldn't be your concern to cover, just let us know the cost.

Please it is very important to let us know the total COST for the entire SHOOTING, ALBUM and your TRANSPORTATION as soon as possible, so i can arrange for the deposit on time in order to secure the date.

Waiting to hear from you soon.

Regards

To xxxxxx Apr 10 at 5:40 PM
Hi,

I received the form, we have no printer to print, fill, sign and send it back to you, but i will do that before the end of this week and send it back to you, but in the main time please send me the name and mailing address for the payment, so it can be mailed to you on time.

Thanks

To xxxxxxxxx
Greetings,

Sorry for my late response. My wife and I are on vacation presently in Mexico, we want to have our personal time before coming to the UK for our daughter wedding ceremony preparations, so we're having a lovely time and new experience here, the weather is sunny and warm

I was just contacted by my associate (Majeck Garry) that the 50% deposit payment has been mailed to you as agreed, you will receive it within 2 to 4 working days.

Please let me know as soon as you receive this message and also let me know the moment you receive the payment.

Thank you.

To James Greety Today at 14:27
Hi James,
I have received the cheque today.
Just I think you made mistake. On the cheque is amount of $5925. 07
I attached the picture.

I look forward to hear from you.

Kind Regards

To Today at 16:35
Hi,

I just contacted my associate (Majeck Garry) and he said that he misunderstood the instruction I gave to him as regards the amount he was supposed to send to you for the payment. I am very sorry for his mistake.

Actually he was supposed to send your 50% deposit payment and send the rest of the money to me for I and my wife's flight ticket from Mexico to the the UK.

It would have been the best to send the money order back to my associate, so he can send the correct amount to you, but he's presently in Australia attending 3 weeks conference. There's no time on our side, because we need to book for the tickets now before it becomes more expensive.

I want you to please go ahead and deposit the cheque and let me know how much is my balance after you deduct your 50% payment plus bank fee, so I can give you my information to transfer the balance back to me as soon as possible.

All the bank charges should be deducted from our remaining balance.

Thanks.
#326155 by KJWeakland Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:06 am
THANK YOU for this thread!!! I thought something was fishy and googled to find this info. Here is the text of our email for sake of keeping others out of harms way.

From Email account of "Starc .F. Rolke" [email protected]

"Greetings!

Thanks for your response. I would have love to call you but our work schedule won't permit me and i'm not comfortable with that because it's a sensitive matter, but I'll try to be detailed enough in this message. My name is Starc Rolke, I'm 52 years old and my wife's name is Clary Rolke, she is 48 years old, we are Canadian. We always celebrate our wedding anniversary on vacation every year, in different places in Canada, US and other Countries for the past 24 years of our marriage. We chose your city for this 25th anniversary vacation.

The reason we need your service is because our marriage has become boring since about 6 years ago, we believed things will get better over the years, but instead for our relationship to get better it has become worsen and we are presently considering divorce, divorce will break our children, destroy us and everything we've built together. I seek for my father in-law's advice, he advised us to seek for a professional help, from a couple/marriage counselor. he said counseling is the best way to repair a broken relationship between husband and wife. We decided to seek for couple counseling when we're on vacation in your city, We prefer to have our counseling while on vacation, because there is absolutely no time to spare here in Canada because of our work schedule, so it is absolute impossible to have our counseling in Canada, but our 6 weeks vacation will give us a great opportunity. I have 100% believe that this is the best solution, because we can't continue living together like strangers in the house, that's why we need your help.

We will be in your city for 6 weeks from 15th of May to 30th of June 2017, we want 10 counseling sessions within 6 weeks of our stay. We can have our sessions once or twice a week if it is convenient for you, for the period of 6 weeks and any time of the day or night is perfect for us, as our schedule will be flexible once we arrive on the 15th of May. Please calculate the cost and let me know the total amount for 10 sessions.

We would suggest the following:

Week-1: 2 sessions (Please select the day and time you like),
Week-2: 2 sessions (Please select the day and time you like),
Week-3: 1 sessions (Please select the day and time you like),
Week-4: 2 sessions (Please select the day and time you like),
Week-5: 2 sessions (Please select the day and time you like),
Week-6: 1 sessions (Please select the day and time you like).

Again, I want you to understand that our time/programs will be flexible during our stay over there, so you can fit the sessions into schedules that will be convenient for you, either Morning, Afternoon or Evening sessions will be fine for us. Our hotel will be close to your location, so coming for our sessions on time won't be a problem. Please respond to this message with the total cost of 10 counseling sessions? We will NOT use Insurance for our payment.

Thank you so much."
Last edited by KJWeakland on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#326158 by throwawayaccount Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:21 pm
I got the same email this morning. I live in New Orleans, LA. Glad I googled.

Greetings!

Thanks for your response. I would have love to call you but our work schedule won't permit me and i'm not comfortable with that because it's a sensitive matter, but I'll try to be detailed enough in this message. My name is Starc Rolke, I'm 52 years old and my wife's name is Clary Rolke, she is 48 years old, we are Canadian. We always celebrate our wedding anniversary on vacation every year, in different places in Canada, US and other Countries for the past 24 years of our marriage. We chose your city for this 25th anniversary vacation.

The reason we need your service is because our marriage has become boring since about 6 years ago, we believed things will get better over the years, but instead for our relationship to get better it has become worsen and we are presently considering divorce, divorce will break our children, destroy us and everything we've built together. I seek for my father in-law's advice, he advised us to seek for a professional help, from a couple/marriage counselor. he said counseling is the best way to repair a broken relationship between husband and wife. We decided to seek for couple counseling when we're on vacation in your city, We prefer to have our counseling while on vacation, because there is absolutely no time to spare here in Canada because of our work schedule, so it is absolute impossible to have our counseling in Canada, but our 6 weeks vacation will give us a great opportunity. I have 100% believe that this is the best solution, because we can't continue living together like strangers in the house, that's why we need your help.

We will be in your city for 6 weeks from 15th of May to 30th of June 2017, we want 10 counseling sessions within 6 weeks of our stay. We can have our sessions once or twice a week if it is convenient for you, for the period of 6 weeks and any time of the day or night is perfect for us, as our schedule will be flexible once we arrive on the 15th of May. Please calculate the cost and let me know the total amount for 10 sessions.

We would suggest the following:

Week-1: 2 sessions (Please select the day and time you like),
Week-2: 2 sessions (Please select the day and time you like),
Week-3: 1 sessions (Please select the day and time you like),
Week-4: 2 sessions (Please select the day and time you like),
Week-5: 2 sessions (Please select the day and time you like),
Week-6: 1 sessions (Please select the day and time you like).

Again, I want you to understand that our time/programs will be flexible during our stay over there, so you can fit the sessions into schedules that will be convenient for you, either Morning, Afternoon or Evening sessions will be fine for us. Our hotel will be close to your location, so coming for our sessions on time won't be a problem. Please respond to this message with the total cost of 10 counseling sessions? We will NOT use Insurance for our payment.

Thank you so much.
#326204 by Mike Wilson Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:15 pm
Please post the email address the scammer is currently using.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#326594 by Idahogirl Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:30 pm
I too received the same emails. I'm a therapist in Idaho. I did not get too far in the process so I don't think I'm at risk but it's still disheartening. (I did not give out any address, although it's on my website and email signature, did not set any dates with him, no fees were established, and no bank or financial info)
#326595 by Idahogirl Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:31 pm
CounselorHeather wrote:Ugh, I just received 2 emails from these people! I'm a therapist in Idaho & got the same damn email they've been sending to everyone else. I'm grateful for listening to my gut and for all of you who have posted a warning about these people.
With gratitude,
H :D

H, I'm glad you posted this...I received the same email. I wonder how many other therapists in Idaho are getting these emails? I wish there was a listerv that we could post to.