#329021 by Fredster Thu May 25, 2017 2:08 pm
What happened: we have a Find dealer tab on our website, which lists all our domestic and international merchants.
On Monday, we received several emails from dealers in Europe, mostly Netherlands and Germany, asking if we had sent the following email. I xxx pertinent company information

Thanks for your response. xxx Inc is acquiring a Biosciences
machine from China and we need a Representative that can handle it from
outside the US. Due to the high import tax/charges in US for products from
China, it will be easier and quicker if we can get a Rep to handle it
from outside US.

Let me know if G.M can handle it so I can send you details please.

Regards

True name of our CEO
President
XXX Inc.
correct company address
Tech. Support: 302-918-0434 - wrong number
EFX ID008277308
United States,

so, one customer actually went into a communication with the criminal. and they wanted $27,900 prefunded for shipping and import, bc of increased China import customs fees. The money would be refunded with 5% interest.
I am quite shocked that the email addresses of our merchants were lifted from the website, and the email was using our company name, and even the name of our President/CEO.

we had to send out an alert to all of our dealers, I reported to FTC and DoJ, as well as identitytheft.gov
Could for the life of me not talk to any living person at Equifax re. the EFX number listed with our address. That company is completely useless and awful
Advertisement

#329098 by vonpaso xlura Fri May 26, 2017 12:59 pm
Is there a fake website or fake email-only domain that is spoofing your company name? If it's a fake email domain, see if you can get the email the scammers sent, with complete headers, and post it here.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10