#334557 by BEN HUR Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:38 pm
Well were do I start, my new business has fallen victim to one of these scammers to the tune of $20000. I feel so dam stupid. I own a Motel <removed to protect privacy> MW and was contacted by a Mark Gordon Simon who was acting for some Chinese tourists that were visiting in November and required 10 nights accommodation. I was to charge the credit card $7500 put $1500 deposit on the rooms and transfer the rest to a Chinese translator who did not have credit card facilities. Which I did the transaction all went through OK without any problems. I was then contacted again by the same person who had another couple wanting accommodation, same deal but the figure increased to $14000 which I did everything went through. I did it on Sunday, my alarm bells rang loud on Sunday night when the same guy want another room same deal but it was $20000 this time I contacted the bank fraud department first thing Monday morning explained what was going on and to reverse the transaction from Sunday, all the privacy bullshit was thrown in my face about how I couldn't just ring up demanding this etc etc. Once I realized that I was a victim to this my heart sank and was really at a low point, how could I of fallen for this but it seemed so genuine. Anyway just had to message someone as I have been in a daze since Monday feeling stupid, so I joined your group to try and help combat this crime. Thank you for read my blurb.....
Advertisement

#334559 by Mike Wilson Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:52 pm
Hello and welcome to Scamwarners,
I am sorry to hear that you are a victim of this crime. Please post the emails that you received from this scam, including the email address and telephone number if any.
Post the full emails where they asked you to send money to a third party bank account. This information will help others avoid losing money to these criminals.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#334564 by BEN HUR Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:20 am
Hello,

Thanks for your mail and confirmation of availability in your hotel.I hope they will have a memorable and pleasant stay during their visit.

Kindly make the booking in my name Mark Simons.

Among the 4 guests are Chinese 3 Chinese and they will first be visiting Europe on a 5day tour before flying in to your country and the will require the services of a translator who will accompany them during their visit.

I discussed with the translator on my payment method for the total trip but she does not have a means to charge international credit cards,so I shall send you my credit card to charge the total amount.

The translator/guide is yet to own a credit card merchant account therefore cannot process credit cards.Once you are in receipt of my credit card details,you are required to process the total amount of your $7,500 from my card,then deduct your $1,500 as your initial deposit and transfer the amount $6,000 to the translator whose information I will forward to you once this is confirmed.The payment shall be use for other travel arrangements for the guests and also for their flight Ticket booking to your country.

PAYMENT METHOD:Credit card
AMOUNT TO CHARGE:$7,500
DEPOSIT FOR ROOMS:$1,500
PAYMENT TO TRANSLATOR ON MY BEHALF:$6,000 less VAT and transfer/bank charges

All checks and balances will be done by the translator and you on arrival.Kindly confirm this and reconfirm your details;
1. YOUR FULL NAME------------------
2. FULL ADDRESS -------------------
3. CONTACT PHONE NUMBERS----------- for office records.
4. Types of cards accepted--------------------

You are also to deduct all transfer charges and VAT from the $6,000 you will send to the Translator.

I awaits your confirmation, and I will forward the credit card details for you to make the requested charges. Looking forward to a warm Hospitality!,

Kindest regards.
Mark.
#334627 by BEN HUR Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:12 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:Post the full emails where they asked you to send money to a third party bank account

Hello ,

Here are the credit cards,kindly make the total charge of $7,500 and send me a confirmation.The balance of $1,500.

Kindly charge the total amount from the first card.

TYPE:Visa card
NAME ON CARD:Mark Simons
CARD NUMBER:43200000001xxx
CVV:000
EXP:10/17

TYPE:Visa card
NAME ON CARD:Mark Simons
CARD NUMBER:4980000000003xxx
CVV:000
EXP:03/20

Please
you are to charge the total of $7,500 then deduct $1,500 .I shall send you the translators bank details for the balance of $6,000 to be transferred.Please remember that you are to deduct all tax and bank charges from the $6,000 .Kindly make the charge now and send me a confirmation.

Thanks,
Mark
#334628 by BEN HUR Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:14 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:Post the full emails where they asked you to send money to a third party bank account

Hello,
Thanks for your confirmation of my booking.The balance will be paid on arrival.
Below is the translator's representative account, she is in Fiji Island with some guests at the moment.Kindly make the payment hopefully by tomorrow and send me the slip.

Bank Name:Westpac
Account Name; Elaine Margaret lethbridge
Account Number; 03 0406 0029444 000
Bank Address; 5 Hall Street PUKEKOHE Auckland New Zealand
Swift code; WPACNZ2W
Noted (BW)

Mark