#311230 by Laptop_Matt Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:33 am
We've been contacted by a bogus company called VÄDERMUSE. A guy called William Walker (fake name) has offered us 40 Apple iMac Computers very cheap and needs them gone from his ware house ASAP. He's trying to scam someone out of £18,438!

Looks like he finds his targets from Amazon sellers as he mentioned it on the phone.

Any companies selling computers on eBay be warned as he does sound genuine on the phone (as they all do I suppose)

His number is 07961294665

email address - [email protected]

Hope this prevents anyone falling from it.

Thanks.
Advertisement

#404988 by williamwalker21 Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:59 am
Having a slow day I searched my phone number on google and this came up - 4 years this has been here!

Firstly my name IS William Walker. I HAD found myself with 40 Apple iMacs and I was looking for Amazon wholesalers to buy them... How you came to the conclusion that I was trying to flease someone out of that amount of money I have no idea but it's a large assumption and sucks that anyone who cared to search my phone number for the last 4 years would have seen this!

Apprecitate you were looking out for people but jesus this was a shock :shock:
#404999 by AlanJones Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:35 am
A likely story.

You just happened to get 40 iMac computers and decided to flog them on a classifieds site :roll: :laugh-s:

Locking this as I see absolutely no evidence that you are telling the truth.

Another email address used by the scammer - [email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#405119 by AlanJones Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:45 pm
Dumb scammer "Willy Walker" is still whining like a little child about his scam being reported here and claiming there is a lack of evidence, so here's some evidence for him.

The OP states that he was contacted by someone calling themselves "William Walker" from a company called "VÄDERMUSE".

1. A company called Vadermuse Limited was registered at UK companies house, but not until October 2017 nearly a year after the scammer was claiming to be the company - legitimate businessmen do not claim to represent non-existent companies. Incidentally, the company Vadermuse Limited was dissolved last April by the registrars, having never filed a company return or accounts. It looks very much like a shell company to me that was just registered to try and appear legitimate.
  2. The scammer claims "my name IS William Walker". Vadermuse Limited's sole director was a William John Frederic Thurston. So either dumb Willy lies when he claims to be "William Walker" or he registered his company using a fake name. Either way, not something a legitimate businessman would be doing.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.