#337870 by AngryAussie Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:44 am
Targets computer repair businesses.
Has a fake Australian shipper I have put the details here as well.
If any more info is needed let me know.

Charlie Revell - [email protected]

Hello,

I will like to know if you're available to format and re-install my 3 laptops...kindly get back to me if you're available to the job and also do let me know if you accept credit card as a mode of payment.

waiting to read from you soon

Regards

Thanks for your reply,

I am hearing impaired and I am at the hospital right now will undergo a surgery so this is the best way to communicate.

I just relocated nearby and I am getting my belongings moved from my old apartment to my new home soon and have make adequate arrangement with the removalist time they will be delivering my belongings alongside with the laptops for the repairs. below is the job details:

Dell Laptop(window 7 professional,64-bit, 500 GB HDD, 4 GB RAM) [HDD Replacement]
Hp laptop (window 8, 750 GB HDD, 4 GB RAM,Intel® Core™ i3 processor ) [Format and install,backup required]
Lenovo laptop(window 8,64-bit,500GB HDD, 4GB RAM,Intel® Core™ i3 processor). [Format and install,backup required]
and they all have 2 super speed 3.0 ports.

Let me know if you can handle this order, I have made adequate arrangement with the removalist that will be transporting my belongings plus the laptops from my old apartment to your work place for the repairs. I will be paying with my credit card, so what type of credit card do you accept for payment? So I would like you get back to me with the total cost estimate (quote) for the job so we can proceed.. The laptops will be moved to your work place on Aug 26th, how about that?

I await your urgent response.

Thank You

Hi Mate,

Okay fine, I have all information now and have forwarded that to the removalist, The laptops will be shipped to your office by noon time on the delivery date and pick up will be done after the installation, I am hearing impaired, this is the best way i can communicate, an email will be fine for confirmation as soon as you have received the laptops at your end. I will soon email you my credit card details for payment & I am happy to proceed right away to confirm bookings...

Before we proceed, I will need a little favour from you cause i have not paid the removalist that will deliver my laptops, I will send to you my credit card details now via email to process through for an amount of $3550 plus your deposit payment to confirm booking and please help send the remaining $3550 to the removalist as they receive payment upfront service, so they can have my belongings plus the laptops moved down here from my old apartment for work to be done. I so much wish to pay you and the removalist directly but I am at the hospital receiving treatment for impairment and am not activated for online banking. The removalist does not have credit card facilities for payment that is why i want you to assist me with this and you can charge all expenses on my credit card while i give it to you now, I would be grateful if I can have this little favour from you.

I hope you well understand me by putting my condition into considerations and I am sorry if however it causes you any inconvenience or it seems unusual besides I don't mind any extra charges it might cost me.

I simply need you to assist me with their payment due to the condition beyond my reasonable control and It wont be convenient for me to pay via other methods. If you will agree to carry on, I will email you my credit card details right away.

I await your urgent response

Fake shipper details

Name: CARBYNE REMOVALS
Person Name: Jonathan Stewart
Email: [email protected]

Good Day...

My name is Jonathan Stewart, i do a private mover and i'm on a delivery at the moment to Alice springs. Jessica is supposed to be the one attending to you as i'm currently on a moving delivery and this isn't my work aspect but she went for a very urgent & Important family reunion so i will be the one communicating with you now. Ther is the best way we can communicate as i am a really busy and can email again after business hours today.

Yes i do know about Mr Charlie and moving his belongings alongside with laptops which we are to deliver to you at your workshop for the repair and you'll be the one transferring our payment of $3550 to us as being told by him and will begin to make moving arrangements as soon as we have received payment for the moving of his belongings as we receive payment upfront,

I have informed Mr Charlie about the new development.

I await your feedback

Jonathan S.
Carbyne Agent

CARBYNE TOW AND REMOVALS
Email: [email protected]
Head Office: 15 Bellambi Ln, Bellambi, NSW 2518
Advertisement

#339405 by Chrissy1981 Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:45 am
OMG! I thought I was the only one out there that this scammer had contacted this way. Unfortunately, I am quite gullible and fell for it and we ended up transferring $10,100.00 AUD total and only got $3000 AUD (so far) back from their bank. Meanwhile we have had to pay back the owners of the cards.

Her emails to us....

Hi

This is Brenda, I have just move into the area and I bought a 2012 SUZUKI 1340CC GSX1300RZ (HAYABUSA) L2 in an auction ground, I want to know if you will be able to service and fix the Bike (brakes and fit in new tyres) and Also i would like to know if you accept credit cards for payment and what type?.

Get back to me now.

Regards
Brenda Foster

Thanks am very well okay with the price quote, I have all the information now the Bike will be Transport into your shop by next week Thursday.
Please i will need a little favor from you because i have not paid the transport agent that will deliver the Bike to your shop, i will be giving you my credit card now to put through for an amount of $3500 you keep $500 as deposit for your service and have the remaining $3000 send to the transport agent via bank transfer as they receive payment upfront, so that they can have the Bike Transport down to your place for repair.

I wish to pay them directly but i am at the hospital right now and will undergo a surgery soon for my hearing disability and i need the Bike immediately am through with the surgery, also the transport agent does not accept credit card for payment and my bank account is not setup for online banking so there is no way I can get money across to the transport agent directly, that is why i want you to assist me with this and you can charge all expenses on my credit card while i forward it to you. I will pay your outstanding balance when you finish fixing the Bike whenever am coming to pick it up.

I await your response.
Brenda Foster

and it goes on from there...I won't be fooled twice, that's for sure!! I hope you didn't lose any money??
#427254 by brio88 Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:42 pm
Just received this scam from 2 different emails to the one listed above.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Message from both emails, 1 month apart.
"Hello,

I will like to know if you're available to format and re-install my 3 laptops...kindly get back to me if you're available to the job and also do let me know if you accept credit card as
a mode of payment.

waiting to read from you soon

Regards"