#273264 by Jane1980 Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:42 pm
Hello,
This is a variation of a scam that has been run by someone claiming to be Mark Pelton, then they claimed to be BRANDON ANTONIO, [email protected], NOW emailing as Laura Bailey <[email protected]>
:evil:
Laura Bailey emailed today to ask if I offered individual counseling services, this first email was identical to that of the scam by the other two email addresses above.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you offer individual counseling services? Please tell me your...

Available date:
Issues:
Specialty:
Presently Location:
Experience:

Thank you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does the rest of the scam go...? Read on........

He wrote to ask about "individual counseling services" for his 19 year old daughter, and after a couple of emails I told him I was not qualified in the area he needed. BUT, he STILL wanted to know my fees and insisted that I was the correct person to help his daughter Katrina.

The guy has changed his name, his daughter's name, and email address, but the scam seems the same.

He sent me one short email first, asking about my services. I cautiously replied asking for more details and got a second short email.
I replied and said that I was not in the field he needed, however he replied with a 3rd email and said I WAS the counselor he needed, and what were my fees - he then said we'd talk more when they arrived in the country.
I thought it was odd, to insist I help his 19 year old daughter when I had said I was not qualified to do so, so I googled his name (no joy) then googled some keywords in the last email - the words brought me to this scam thread.

I have copied his three emails below the line in case anyone else is searching using email text:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available date:
Issues:
Specialty:
Presently Location:
Experience:

Thank you!

-----------------------------------------
Thank you for the email. I am seeking for one-to-one individual counseling services for my daughter. I got your name while searching through your location for a private counselor, my daughter is coming to your area, and i will want her to get something doing when she arrives in the area. I'll like to know if you can help in counseling her one-on-one sessions. Her name is Katrina, she is 19 years old, i have someone that will always picks her up from home stay and drops her off for her counseling and take her back to the home stay. So kindly let me know your charges cost per hour in order for me to arrange for her payment before she travels down to your area soon, i did not have insurance that cover the cost. She will be staying for 4 weeks, she will be available at any times/days schedules for the counseling starting from Oct 20, 2015. You can take her on any day convenient for you for 60 minutes counseling a day, 2 time per week for 4 weeks. You can just take her at your convenient schedule. I hope to read back from you soon.

Thank you,
Brandon
---------------------------------------------

Yes, you are the right counselor for my daughter and will talk more about this when we arrive in the States. Please give me your costs.
Advertisement

#273274 by Mike Wilson Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:30 pm
Hello Jane1980,
Thank you for taking the time to post the updated information on this scam. The email addresses will be indexed and other possible victims of this scam will now be able to get confirmation of the scam.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#278124 by JaneW Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:16 pm
NEW NAME for SAME SCAM -- Lauren Davis <[email protected]>

I was suspicious of a series of emails, so I googled and found nearly identical text.

It started as:

Available date:
Issues:
Specialty:
Presently Location:
Experience:

Thank you!
______
I warily responded, and suggested she tell me what she's looking for, and her reply was:

Thank you for the email. I am seeking for one-to-one individual counseling services for my daughter. I got your name while searching through your location for a private counselor, my daughter is coming to your area, and i will want her to get something doing when she arrives in the area. I'll like to know if you can help in counseling her one-on-one sessions. Her name is Katrina, she is 19 years old, i have someone that will always picks her up from home stay and drops her off for her counseling and take her back to the home stay. So kindly let me know your charges cost per hour in order for me to arrange for her payment before she travels down to your area soon, i did not have insurance that cover the cost. She will be staying for 4 weeks, she will be available at any times/days schedules for the counseling starting from Nov 17, 2015. You can take her on any day convenient for you for 60 minutes counseling a day, 2 time per week for 4 weeks. You can just take her at your convenient schedule. I hope to read back from you soon.
_______
I suggested we speak by phone. Her answer:

Dear,
I apologize that i and my daughter will not be able to reach you via phone. I do not have a land line and my mobile is currently out of order. I too am hoping it will be fixed soon as waiting conformation from the mobile company. I am sorry for the frustration this may cause. I will update you when fixed. I want you to know that my daughter will see you prior our arrival to talk about what course of action would be best for her. I want you to know that my daughter is coming over to your Country for an holiday and at the same time i will want her to get counseling one-on-one sessions with you when she arrives there, she is aware she will be attending counseling and she agrees with that, she will be available at any time schedules for counseling , so i will want you to create a schedule that will work best for you. She will be living close to your home, i have someone that will always drive her to your location for the counseling. I would be happy to discuss this in more details once we arrive in the Country. If you are ready to welcome her under your counseling, please give me your costs.
Thanks
______
I told her her requests were quite specific and I needed to discuss them with her.

She then said:
Like i said, I apologize that i and my daughter will not be able to reach you via phone. I do not have a land line and my mobile is currently out of order. I too am hoping it will be fixed soon as waiting conformation from the mobile company. I am sorry for the frustration this may cause. I will update you when fixed. I want you to know that my daughter will see you prior our arrival to talk about what course of action would be best for her. I want you to know that my daughter is coming over to your Country for an holiday and at the same time i will want her to get counseling one-on-one sessions with you when she arrives there, she is aware she will be attending counseling and she agrees with that, she will be available at any time schedules for counseling , so i will want you to create a schedule that will work best for you. She will be living close to your home, i have someone that will always drive her to your location for the counseling. I would be happy to discuss this in more details once we arrive in the Country. If you are ready to welcome her under your counseling, please give me your costs.
Thanks
_________
I asked her for specifics on why she was seeking services for her daughter, and told her I accepted cash or credit cards.

I haven't heard back since. (Whew.....)
#286768 by Mike Wilson Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:37 pm
The scammer is now using Scott Carter [email protected] . The email content is the same.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#297533 by Laura Green Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:34 pm
Hello guys,

I decided to post on this forum because I received some emails then I googled and found exactly the same text.

His email is:
[email protected]

I received this email three days ago:

Do you offer private tuition? Please tell me..

Teaching Location:
Subjects Offer:
Past Teaching Experience:
Teaching Type:

Thank you and get back!

I answered him back and he replied this:

Thanks for getting back to me..I got your name while searching through your location for a private teacher, my daughter will be coming for summer holiday in your area from June 25, 2016, and i want her to be busy with something gainful and productive.Therefore, i just want to know if he can always come to you and teach her great things every morning or evening..If this is possible, i will want you to get back to me with the cost of you teaching her for a 6 week, consist of 60 minutes lesson per day, 2 days in a week...I do have someone that will always drive her down to your teaching location for the lesson and drive her back to the home stay..I will also arrange for the home stay for the period of her private lesson at your place.

My daughter's name is Diana, she is 15 years old and she is a beginner and get back to me so that we can arrange on payment...

Thanks and waiting to read from you soon.
Scott

After a few emails I decided to ask for his telephone number and his reply:

I want you to know that i will not be able to reach you via phone. I do not have a land line and my mobile is currently out of order. I too am hoping it will be fixed soon as waiting conformation from the mobile company. I am sorry for the frustration this may cause.
Like i said, i am paying through my customer and i want to sort out the payment with him to be send to you before he will travel out of his location vacation. If you are ready to welcome my daughter in your private class, please get back to me with aforementioned payment details to proceed.

Thank you and get back.

I hope my message helps other people!
#303237 by drlgf Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:08 am
Same scam, new address and lesson request:

"Laura Bailey" ([email protected]) requests music lessons for her daughter who will be visiting for 6 weeks. Two hours per week, etc.

Against my better judgement I provided further contact information and was told a cheque was being mailed. Ostensibly it was sent by a third party guardian who would be responsible for the daughter's homestay, transportation, etc., and since it had been handled by this third party there had been a miscommunication regarding the issuing of fees. I was offered an additional $50 for the trouble of depositing the complete amount in my account, then transferring the balance after deducting lesson fees back to this guardian.

All misgivings confirmed that this is garbage. Needless to say I will ensure none of my financial information can ever be linked with this scam.

Preying on under-paid teachers, or anyone else, is shameful. People seriously have no scruples.
#304202 by LMAN Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:00 am
I'm a music teacher and I just received this eamil from Laura Bailey ([email protected]):

"Dear,
My daughter is looking to learn music from you. Are you currently taking new students, and if so, does it seem like we would be a good fit? If so, I'd love to hear about your instrument(s) taught, experience, costs per hour, teaching location, etc. If not, I'd very much appreciate it if you could recommend someone else.
I look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time.
sincerely,
Laura"

The Dear [Blank] raised a red flag in my mind in addition to asking where I teach, and what instruments I teach. Why would one contact a teacher if you don't know what they teach? I googled the email address and was so happy to find this site where this person has been around for years trying to get money out of people! I thought I better post this recent email to add yet another example of what this person is doing.
#307197 by HypnoGal Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:12 pm
I wanted to share that I too received this email regarding my services as a Hypnotherapist/HypnoBirthing practitioner.
I became suspicious that someone named Brandon would be inquiring for his 19 year old daughter to get private HypnoBirthing services.
I replied to his questions regarding how long I've been doing this, etc...and then he sent back the email about he wants her to take 2 hours per day while she is in my location for 1 week.
I gave him the fee and both replies I asked that he call me so we could talk....and he had not given me his number, which mostly everyone who is truly interested wants to talk about the classes, fees, etc.
I also asked if SHE wanted to do the classes and how important it is for someone to want to do them for themselves.

I also thought it was strange languaging of "get back" instead of "I look forward to hearing back from you or something similar.
I at first attributed it to him/her (I was wondering if Brandon was maybe a woman....since asking about HypnoBirthing for daughter-men don't usually do that!) being a non native English speaking person.

So, I did a google search on the name and found the info of it being a scam on this site. Most grateful. As someone else said-it's challenging as those of us in the "helping" field are generous in our communications and want to truly support others...so glad my "scam" radar went off!

I then immediately sent an another email that said I was informed it's a scam and I was contacting the authorities. Didn't hear back again!

Below are the emails I received from him:
This is the email address he used:
[email protected]

1st email:
Do you provides private Hypnobirthing/Dreambirthing classes? If yes, please tell me your.....

Teaching Location:
Past Teaching Experience:
Available Date and Time:

Thank you and get back!

2nd email:
Thank you for your wonderful respond. My 19 years old daughter is coming over to your location for her holiday and at the same time i want her to have hypnobirthing private classes for 2hours per day for 1 week sessions starting from Oct 4th, 2016. Or she will like a basic private course which i think can be done more quickly. I want you to help her have the most natural birth possible because i want her to feel positive and confident going into motherhood. If you are available for this, please tell me your 2 hours fees per day for 1 week, she is 20 weeks of pregnancy and i think this will allow plenty of time for practice. She will be staying very close to you, i have someone that will always drive her to your practice house to have the lesson and also drive her back to the home stay after the lesson. Please get back to me with your total cost for the i can arrange for the payment and move my daughter to your place for this practice.

Thank you and get back!
Brandon

Again, this is his email: [email protected]
Ignore it-put it in your junk folder!
#324121 by MV-CG-S Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:44 pm
Just received one of these emails - same kind of text. The "Scott Carter" bit rang a bell with me. Think that I've received one from that name before. As with Laura Green - the emails stopped when I persisted with specific questions.

And the Scott Carter name also rang a bell with the "famous" Scott Carter - the kid who died of cancer in 1993.

The email address on this current email is: [email protected]

Text of email (similar to above - except that "Insurance" is now a question :lol: ) :
======================================
Subject: Do you offers counseling for individuals?

Text:

Do you offers counseling for individuals? Please tell me your...

Available date:
Issues:
specializing in working with:
Presently Location:
Years Experience:
Insurance:
Locations:

Thank you!

=========================

All best all.
MV-CG-S
#331132 by fenwizard Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:06 pm
I just received a series of emails from a Robert Gary that had some of the exact wording as some of the scam emails listed below. He said that his 19 year old daughter Katarina would be visiting my area for a month and wanted to see me twice a week for counseling during her visit. He offered to prepay for her counseling visits. I told him that I was not comfortable accepting payments until I had communication directly from her. He said that there were problems right now with both their land line and mobile phone services but wanted to go ahead and set up a series of appointments and was going ahead with mailing me a check for a full months worth of appointments at twice a week. I again reiterated that I did not want to accept any payments until I had communicated with his daughter to make sure it was a good fit and that she could contact me by email. He then sent an email stating: "I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may caused you, i want you to know that my customer included my daughter's travel expenses to U.S into the Check sent out to you which made the Check more than your charge we agreed upon for counseling, so once again i am very sorry for the inconvenience. My customer made me to understand that he included my daughter travel expenses into the Check to avoid delay in traveling plans and the problem of splitting the Check into two, since it is within U.S and also it is a check from an American bank. According to him, the Check will be cleared within 24 hours at your bank once deposit.

Once you receive the Check, deposit it in your bank for clearing and you are to take your own money for the counseling we agreed on, then you will forward the remainder of money to my daughter's guardian that would be care for my daughter during her stay in the Country and processing of all her air-ticket with the ticketing office for her trip to your place. Like i said, The remaining money sent to the guardian, will be for her trip to your place, feeding and other commissions. Hope i can trust you with the balance? I will also compensate you with extra $50 for your efforts and understanding. Hope i can trust you with the remainder of money?"

I thought this was very suspicious. Searching online I found this site that alerted me to this scam. I wrote him back and told him that I knew that he was a scammer and that if I received any checks from him I would turn them into law enforcement.
#368225 by Mike Wilson Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:11 pm
Lauren Davis <[email protected]>
Subject: individual therapy

Now the scammers are also asking for referrals.

Do not respond to these emails.

Hello,

My daughter is looking to individual therapy in your area and I'd love to hear about your available date, issues, specializing in working with, years experience,, costs per hour, practice location, your cancellation fee for each missed appointments, etc. If not, I'd very much appreciate it if you could recommend someone else.

I look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time.

sincerely
Lauren

It is ALWAYS a scam