#276025 by rubybagonia Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:47 pm
I received this email.
Okay fine i will like to order for 8 big bouquets flowers for my Son wedding and i want the price range of $200 per one Approximately 26" W x 41" H and the color should be in bright summer color,it will be pick up by a private shipper on the 12th of December so can i have the total cost now so that i can pay with my credit card now.

This was not the first time my business was targeted by this type of scam so I was prepared. After giving them a total cost, I received this email....

Ok good am ok with the total cost and I will need a little favor from you cuz i haven't pay the carrier that will be coming for the pick up of the flowers and he doesn't have access to credit cards facilities and am asking for this favor due to my disability and i am at the hospital will undergo surgery in 6 days time..that why am asking for the favor.

this was my reply...
I cannot charge more than the amount due. I figured this was another one of those scams.
I've been contacted by you or someone like you before.
your info has been sent to our fraud protection services. I pray you will be stopped very soon so no one suffers any financial hardships due to greed and theft.

as expected, I didn't hear back.
Advertisement

#276026 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:52 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Can you please post the email address and name the scammer used?

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#297604 by OrchidSunset Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:18 am
Not just florists-- photographers as well! "Tracy Jack" ([email protected]) texted me about doing wedding photography.

"Hello this is Tracy how are you doing and i will like to know if you do wedding photographer and do you accept credit card and are you the owner and email..."

This person then gave me their contact information. I have been contacted my scammers a couple of times, but not often enough to come to that conclusion immediately.

I emailed and the reply was "Thanks for your reply and i will like to know the distance service you normally accept because my son wedding is coming up on 2nd July 2016 and the wedding party is held within the state here in and you will be working for 4hrs and we need the photos in digital files so i will like you to get me the total cost for 4hrs service plus tax and also type of credit card you accept for payment."

"We use Paypal Business to handle invoices, but you can always write a check. Where is the wedding located? How many photos do you want after and will you want any edited? The price may vary as additional requests are made."

I figure they won't reply.