#284478 by annanna Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:31 am
Rural and Community Based Project Commission (RCBPC), Ghana
The RCBPC Ghana Scam. – Rural and Community Based Project Commisssion, Ghana.

I am writing this article because I want to tell everyone about a big scam that is growing on the internet. We have an online store and we sell kids products. We have been aproached by some guy from Ghana that wanted to buy a loty of products from us. Hes said he represents a company that works with the gouverment from Ghana and he wants to make a transaction for 500 items.
But let me show how it all started:
We received an email from a company called IAM Consultants Ltd and they went like this:
„Dear Sir

We are interested in your product, please can you send us your product clarification/specification and your price list it is a bulk order.
Mr. Kofi Evans”

Be careful if this man contact you. You can be a a victim of a scam.

Ok let’s go further...
I have answered to this company email .Then they replied.:

„Before we proceed I would like to reconfirm to you know I am not the direct buyer of your products, rather They are needs for such products for a supply contract to Rural and Community Based Project Commission (RCBPC), Ghana

I want you to know that I am an accredited / sourcing agent to the Rural and Community Based Project Commission (RCBPC), Ghana and the government of Ghana on contract allocations and other services.

It will interest me to inform you that there is an ongoing Supply Contract of your product to the Rural and Community Based Project Commission (RCBPC), Ghana For Their 2016 enhancement Project.

If your company is capable and willing to handle such project, kindly get back to us to enable us submit an application and book order on your behalf for the supply contract.”

They have also sent me a NOTE:
„Note: If you secure this supply contract through my company effort, we will be Entitled to 2% commission the gratification to my company. The 2% commission will emanate by Increasing the total invoice value of the products by 2% in proforma invoice to your accommodate my commission. This 2% commission will only be paid to our account after you must have received your full payment from the entire Organization.

PAYMENT TERMS: - 80% Advance payment, and 20% via bank to bank by telegraphic transfer before shipment / supply. All payments to be confirmed by your bank before shipment after the approval of the order in your company favor.

SUPPLY DURATION: - The supply duration is negotiable if Eventually this supply is Considered in your favor.

PRICE: KINDLY LET US KNOW YOUR PRICE PER UNIT IN USD (including my 2% commission) FOB / CIF price.

NOTE: PARTIAL SHIPMENT IS ALLOWED

PAYMENT TERMS: 80% ADVANCE PAYMENT AND 20% BEFORE SHIPMENT BY T / T”

After this email I have asked him some question about the goverment program and some more details about the products he wants to buy.

He answered:

„Dear...

Thanks for your mail and interest working with my company for the on-going supply. I advise you send to me confirmed price quotation for presentation to the buyers for consideration. Upon your timely response, I will get back to you with their feedback to enable us proceed.

Products needed:
Drones
Helicopters
Construction Vehicles

Your Price Should Include: Cost, Packaging, and Shipment.

Packing: Your Company Original Package.
Invoice with; Cost, Insurance & Freight (CIF)
Shipment Destination: Tema Harbor Sea-port Accra Ghana.
Inspection: SGS Port of Lading: (To Be Paid By The Buyer).
Delivery Time: Maximum of 360 Days from the date of initial payment.
Partial Shipment: Accepted.

I await your price list by email.

Best Regards,

Mr. Kofi Evans
IAM consultants, Ltd
No.115 Makola Road,
Accra-Ghana „

Be aware of this name and of these emails and numbers. This a well designed scam and I would like people to know about these scamers. I was lucky I didn’t send them money because they made a mistake Removed information educating a scammer. (BW)

Scam works that they ask you to come down to Ghana to sign the contract or send a lawyer, they will recommend you a lawyer and fees will be around $9000 that's the first 9k they make, then they will ask you for taxes of 40,000 before they can release the payment of 80% deposit for the order, all in the name of the Ghana government etc.

In the end as a reminder here are the contact details of the scamers
Mr. Kofi Evans
IAM consultants, Ltd
No.115 Makola Road,
Accra-Ghana
Tel: +233 269824265
Advertisement