#316060 by flyonzewall Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:07 pm
I have received this spam three times now. While I have no intention of replying to any spammer for such services, I was wondering whether anyone else was familiar with this group and whether they are indeed a scam.

-------

I hope you had a wonderful holiday period, I know it can be a very busy time within the industry so I wanted to take the time to remind you of the nomination received for [your business] in the 2017 Restaurant & Bar Awards which is being proudly hosted by LUX Magazine.

We’ll be exploring and honouring establishments of all sizes, styles and locations, with every winner awarded purely on the basis of nominations and reviews made by clients, peers and industry professionals.

To accept your nomination and participate in the 2017 Restaurant & Bar Awards, please reply with: “Please Shortlist Me”

The process: Once shortlisted our research and selection process will begin and our experienced team will research your establishment, you will also have the chance to submit further supporting evidence you feel may be beneficial.

This information, together with any votes received, will then be passed to our in-house judging panel who will decide who this year’s lucky winners are. All awards are based on merit and only the most deserving will receive recognition.

Those successful will be notified in February/March and the formal announcement will take place in April.

Please note, there are no mandatory costs throughout the process, nor if you should go on to win.

Should you require further information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Good luck!

Nathan Angell – Awards Executive
LUX
W: http://lux.acquisition-intl.com
T: +44(0)203 725 6847
A: Floor 1, Suite F, The Maltsters, 1-2 Wetmore Rd, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1LS

------

Seems others are wondering the same:

Removed (BW)
Advertisement

#316064 by Mike Wilson Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:34 am
please post the email address used to send this email and the reply to email address. This may be a case of spoofing to make it appear the email originated from a legitimate company.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#321016 by TheDailyScam Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:49 pm
I get multiple variations of this scam to my work email almost on a daily basis.
Different magazines, online newsletters offering a company write up, exposure to their 108,000 executive subscribers blah blah blah.
Usually there is a follow up, and then a 'we've had a last minute cancellation' email offering some discounted price for your company feature. It is a fairly well written email in terms of grammar and punctuation - so a little harder to spot than your usual 'Is invoice you paid not, do pay now kindly' type.

Sample is below.

Several weeks ago, I contacted you regarding our upcoming Recruitment award' coverage, to be included in the next issue of Acquisition International magazine.

We’ve had a late cancellation and so we have space to include an additional firm within next month’s issue. I remembered {your company name} and thought you would be ideal, given your experience and expertise.

I appreciate that this is short notice and so, despite the obvious benefits of reaching out to over 108,000 potential new clients, from executives and directors to investors and business leaders, I am able to offer inclusion at a greatly reduced cost.

We can provide:
1-page interview and profile, detailing your expertise and what you can offer our readership as potential future clients
Front cover sub-headline and supporting image to draw attention to your inclusion
Feature in our e-newsletter, sent to all 108,000 subscribers, with an interactive link to your coverage
PDF of your inclusion to use in your own marketing and branding

The total cost for this would be just £299, but must be confirmed before the end of Wednesday to be included in next month’s issue.

I am contacting several firms regarding this, so please do reply ASAP to be included.

Warm regards,

Jack Clarke
Acquisition International
W: http://www.acquisition-intl.com
T: +44 (0) 203 725 6844
A: Floor 1, Suite F, The Maltsters, 1-2 Wetmore Rd, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1LS
Please note that sales are bound by our terms and conditions
#348542 by hanna2345 Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:34 pm
I have received two different emails from the same guy basically saying the same that I won a design award, that my blog won something (its a generic blog with no updated in the last year).

So yep, I think It is a scam, in the latest email he asks to send money in order to get advertised in their magazine:
https://image.prntscr.com/image/1ZOCcQs ... 8Pvz7A.png
#368762 by ZeroZyra Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:07 am
I also received an email stating:

"From: Laura Hunter <[email protected]>
Subject: rnd-subject

Message Body:
Hello, I am reaching out to you with regards to the Business Innovator Awards 2018, hosted by Corporate Vision! There has been a nomination submitted on your company's behalf, however no contact email was provided on the entry. I just wanted to drop you a quick message to ask if you would like to accept your nomination. Please contact myself, with reference to BUSINN18074 on the above email or directly on 0044 203 725 6847 if this is something you would like to move forward with, or for further information. Thanks, Laura Hunter"
#395386 by Anselmo Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:30 am
Hi to all,

this is what I just found in my corporate inbox:

"Nomination Received - {company}

Hi

Shortlisting has recently launched for the 2019 Energy Innovator Awards and I am delighted to inform you that {compay} has been highlighted by CV Magazine as a potential nominee this year!

Global energy is perhaps the most important issue we face in society today. An emphasis on renewable and energy-efficient solutions now pave a way for the future generations to express the need for cleaner and safer energy.

The 2019 Energy Innovator Awards will celebrate the tenacity and innovation of the pioneers operating within this evolving sector, and with six set categories available we look to encompass and recognise the best this industry has to offer.

The categories are as follows:

- Renewables & Environment
- Utilities
- Oil & Energy
- Mining & Metals
- Environmental Services
- Chemicals

Followng an extensive in-house research process designed to identify leading enterprises and individuals within the energy sector, I am delighted to confirm that {company} has been highlighted as a potential nominee within the category of Renewables & Environment.

Our ambition is to recognise those who play a major role in changing the worldwide energy landscape with innovative and clean energy solutions. With a demand for better and sustainable energy sources, our team have looked to pinpoint those who are providing the very best services to customers and clients.

Accept Nomination <--- CLICK

Should you wish to proceed further then you will be encouraged to provide information to reinforce your nomination, and our in-house research team will begin to build a comprehensive case-file on your behalf. There are no mandatory costs involved with accepting a nomination or receiving an award.Winning firms will be presented with a number of celebratory options to suit all budgets (including a free of charge option).

To decline the nomination, please select:

Decline Nomination <-- CLICK

CV Magazine boasts a strong portfolio of successful worldwide award programmes, and with over 551,000 page views and 130,000 readers, our platform stands as an industry leader for the latest cutting-edge news and information.

If you would like further information regarding your nomination or the 2019 Energy Innovator Awards, please get in touch!

Kind regards,

Kaven Oscar Cooper - Awards Executive - CV Magazine