#318769 by john_pacific Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:56 am
This is not a common scam like Nigerian scam, this is very sophisticate scam, probably a technique to laundry money.

1) The investor on 19 Dec claim to be Mr. Hussain Omar Alfardan and express interest on our value proposition
2) The investor told us to review our business plan and decided to invest $350,000
3) He have forwarded us to a supposed to be a lawyer (first days of Jan)
4) The lawyer have asked us a Letter of Intent (signed by us...)
5) He have sent to us a procedure with the intent of grant to us a Loan only through after incorporation of a company in Qatar, setup a Qatar bank account and transfer money to my EU country
6) We've analyzed documents carefully and discovered a dodgy author
7) We've escalated the case to the head of security at real Alfardan company and he confirmed it was a scam.

Here the dodgy email:
"I am impressed by your prompt reply and I have forwarded the attached document to my investment team and advisers. Hopefully, they will come up with recommendations on Monday.

However, I want to give you a brief introduction to our company.

Alfardan Investment Company is the first Investment center in Qatar with over $1 Billion private and corporate investment portfolios.

AIC’s international portfolio was gradually built up within a few selected industries, primarily through privately negotiated acquisitions. In selecting individual investments, the focus has been on:
Identifying high quality assets and management
Managing the portfolio’s geographical investment focus to take advantage of the evolving global investment climate and optimizing the timing of entry into each specific investment
Emphasis on the development of strategic relationships to create additional value within the portfolio.
Initiating further investment and funding in startup businesses.
AIC is generally a long-term investor in its core companies, and seeks to work closely with the management of those companies and participate in strategic decisions. It believes that this active approach increases its overall portfolio returns.

AIC also believes that the portfolio benefits from the diversity of the industries represented as well as geographic diversification among the various investments.

To further strengthen our portfolio we want to invest in businesses around the world (just like yours) and corporations with good business structures that will sustain the growth of the funds and that can generate at least 10% ROI annually over maximum of 7 years duration.

Find attached copy of our company Brochure for your perusal ."

I can share you a lot of details, just ask, here contact details:

Investor: [email protected]

Lawyer:
Anike Legal Consultants, Qatar
Name of solicitor: Nathan Pearce
Email:[email protected]
Phone: +97430834661

THE COMPANY MENTIONED IN THIS FAKE EMAIL IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY WAY.
Advertisement

#318782 by Mike Wilson Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:16 pm
Thank you for posting the infomation on this scam. Please post the email address of the fake lawyer.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon