#384247 by jumprope14 Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:34 am
I'm pretty sure this is a scam, so I'm posting it here for confirmation. If I remember correctly, I might have gotten contacted about this more than once before.

Today I got a text message from someone I didn't know asking me if I did graphic design. When I replied back, I asked how they got my number and they said from Creative Hotlist – it's a design website to find jobs and I have a profile on the site. Here's the number I received today: +15089287804 – Blackstone, MA name of person is Scott.

Anyhow, this is the email I received from them today:

<[email protected]>

It is detailed; it's a newly established company.

The company is really based on sales of furniture such as Ottomans, Desk lamps, Sectional, Buffets & Sideboards, Counter & Bar Stools, Kitchen Cabinet, Sofa, Office Chair, Accent tables, King bench bed etc.

v Company Name: LAMBENT DREAMS FURNITURE & HOME.

v MY WEBSITE IS UNDER FABRICATION WHICH WOULD BE REGISTERED SOON.

v I DON'T HAVE LOGO BUT NEED ONE MADE-TO-ORDER BY YOU

v THE FULL TEXT CONTENT AND ALL IMAGES FOR THE CATALOG WILL BE SUBMITTED TO YOU BY THE PROJECT CONSULTANT YOU’LL JUST HANDLE THE LAYOUT.

v THE BROCHURE SHOULD BE 24 IN PAGES (INCLUDING FRONT AND BACK COVER) BECAUSE I HAVE LOT INFORMATION, APPROVED AND CROSSCHECK TEXT AND IMAGES.

v THE SIZE OF BROCHURE SHOULD BE 8.5 X 11.5.

LAMBENT DREAMS MEANING TO ME:

LAMBENT DREAMS TO ME IS A METAPHOR TO ILLUSTRATE SECURE AND INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP.

WHAT IT SHOULD MEAN TO MY CUSTOMERS

WHOSOEVER PURCHASE OUR FURNITURE SHOULD BE GUARANTEE OF RELISH AND CONVENIENCE' THAT’S WHAT IT SHOULD MEAN TO MY CUSTOMERS.

WHAT MAKES MY COMPANY UNIQUE TO ITS CUSTOMERS

WHAT MAKES LAMBERT DREAMS FURNITURE UNIQUES TO CUSTOMER/.LOCATION IS THAT THERE’S NO OTHER FURNITURE COMPANY NEARBY ALSO IT NAME AND STYLE.

PURPOSE OF BUSINESS

THE PURPOSE OF MY BUSINESS IS TO BRING MODERN FURNITURE THAT WILL PROVIDE PRIDE FOR EVERYONE.

WHO MY BUSINESS SERVES

MY CUSTOMERS AND OTHERS WHO ARE WILLING TO PATRONIZE OUR COMPANY.

OUR PERSONALITY

WE HAVE AN INSPIRING PERSONALITY

WHAT THE BRAND SHOULD REPRESENT

MY BRAND SHOULD REPRESENT "HIGH QUALITY OPTION"

BRAND TONE

THE TONE OF THE BRAND SHOULD BE "FRIENDLY".

MY TARGETS AND MISSION.

1) My mission is to serve consumers and industrial market segment with leading edge product that will satisfy their needs in functionality, comfort and style.

2) My core values are Autonomy and Growth.

3) Most of our customer will be from the age of 35 and I will like to target their income demographics.

4) I want my company to be perceived as Professional, I want them to know that we offer best prices and there's a discount for every product when you are buying more than 3 pieces.

5) I would like to compete with other furniture company. My main competitor is IKEA, my favorite products is Accent Tables.

6) For colors I would like Red, Orange and Brown (let me know what you think about that).

7) In the next Decade I would like my company to be known worldwide.

Important elements that I would like to stress are:

Friendly

Modern

High Quality

Intimate

Secure

Convenient

Effective

Efficient

Value

For logo inspirations you can look at brands like America Signature Furniture, Crate&Barrel, West Elm or Williams Sonoma.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
This was my reply:

Thanks for sending everything over.

Please send me your contact info as well as your budget.

I'll need a few days to put this together for you.

Stacy

In a response, I got a budget but no contact info.

**I'm not wasting my time putting this quote together because I'm pretty certain it's a scam. Would someone please confirm.

Let me know if you need more details.
Thanks!
Advertisement

#384248 by AlanJones Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:08 am
It's difficult to be 100% certain just from that email, but there are a number of red flags.

The Gmail email address, which has a misspelling of the name Scott, the email shows a number grammatical errors that are often seen in the writing of West Africans. The avoidance of providing contact details and the phone number used for the text message is a VoIP number.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#384411 by jumprope14 Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:06 pm
To humor this person, I went ahead and put together a 2-page work order just to see what happens. I received it back today, signed, but I think it's a font and not a real signature. Anyhow, I got this our text message exchange:

+15089287804: Hi, I just sent over the signed contract. As am currently in Delaware for medical purposes I'll be making the deposit with my card, hope you got a merchant for that? 2:34 PM
Me: PayPal but there is a 5% charge. 2:38 PM
+15089287804: I'm afraid I can't use that, to avoid delays and disagreements do look into Intuit Quickbooks or Clover go. 2:51 PM
+15089287804: Do look into Intuit Quickbooks. They offer 30 days free trial for new users, you can set up free. Okay? 2:52 PM
Me: Sorry, that doesn't work for my business. 2:54 PM

Still waiting for a reply if any.

**This is what is at the bottom of the email from DocHub:
Sent by Scott William ([email protected], IP: 105.112.16.42).