#69618 by CharlotteT Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:00 pm
I just received a request for products from this person today. I became suspicious when she wanted 20 each of my most expensive herb tinctures and listed other herbs, choosing the first few I have on my site. Bad English, did not "sound" Australian. duh. Searched the email address and came to this site. Thanks for sharing the info here. :=)
These people have no shame.
Advertisement

#69619 by Justin Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:12 pm
Hi CharlotteT!

I'm glad you avoided the scam and the site helped! Your right they have no sham only a willingness to steal people's money.

Justin

#73779 by Herbalife Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:04 am
I just had the same done to me :
Hi Mary,

Thank you for contacting me , yes we can ship to Australia have you used our products before?
You mentioned you wanted them for a store what knid of store do you have? I look forward to hearing back from you and helping you with your needs.

Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2011 10:47 AM
Subject: MY ORDER/READ AND REPLY BACK TODAY

Hello,
Thanks for your reply back.I can't wait to have your lovely products in our store for my customers. below listed is the items i want to order for and will want you to get back to me with total cost +shipping cost and i can provide you my credit card for you to charge and have my order ready and i can carry your product in our new inventory for our numerous customers.

MY ORDER...............

Herbal Aloe Hand & Body Cream
qty..10
Herbal Aloe Hand & Body Wash
qty..10

Herbal Aloe Strengthening Conditioner
qty..10

H³0® Fitness Drink
qty...10
N-R-G Nature's Raw Guarana Tea
qty...10
N-R-G Nature's Raw Guarana Tablets
qty..10

Muscle Strength & Recovery
qty...10

MY ADDRESS FOR THE SHIPPING QUOTE.........
450 Anzac Parade ,Kingsford,
Sydney
NSW 2032,
Australia
Hope to read back from you with the total cost and we can proceed and finalized my order.
God bless you,
Mary Mcgowen

Re: MY ORDER/READ AND REPLY BACK TODAY
TO:Mary Mcgowe Message flagged Sunday, October 30, 2011 6:22 PM
Message body
Hi Mary,

I need to have a phone number to put on your order and aslo what flavor did you want the Muscle Strentth & Recovery in Chocolate or Vanilla, and the H3O do you want Lemon or orange and do you want canisters
or packets? Please let me know then I can price all for you.

thanks,

Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2011 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: MY ORDER/READ AND REPLY BACK TODAY

Hello,
Thanks for your reply back.Phone number is +61 3537233322
Thanks

TO:Mary Mcgowe Message flagged Monday, October 31, 2011 1:54 AM
Message body
Hi Mary,

Just so you know I was checking the Australia catalog and the only products I could send you would be the NRG tablets, Herbal Aloe Hand and Body Lotion, and the Herbal Aloe Everyday Body Wash,I still will need a phone number to check for the total pricing if you are still wanting to order.By the way how did you find my website? I like to know what advertisement is working for me .

Re: MY ORDER/READ AND REPLY BACK TODAY
TO:Mary Mcgowe Message flagged Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:34 PM
Message body
Hi Mary,
I can order you the NRG tablets 10 bottles, Herbal Aloe Everyday Body Wash 10 bottles, and Herbal Aloe
Hand & Body Lotion 10 Tubes, these are the only products from the ones you originally requested that are available in your country. The total for those products with Packing & handling, Frieght & Tax would be $845.13. There are many other prodcuts avaiable to you but not sure what all you are interested in. Our Produst are amazing. You can check out my website and let me know if you have any questions.

Please verify that this shipping info is all correct, and I will need your credit card information Card Number, Name on Card, Expiration date, Zip Code and address card is billed to, 3 digit code on the back. As soon as I get
all that and your varification of this address I will get it ordered and sent to you.
Thank You, I will await your reply.
Mary McGowen
450 AnzacParade,Kingsford,
Sydney, NSW, 2032
61-35372333

Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2011 2:17 AM
Subject: Re: MY ORDER/READ AND REPLY BACK TODAY

Hello,
Thanks for your reply back.Yes i still want the order and want you to get back to me with the total coat plus shipping and we can proceed further.
I was searching thru the internet and came across your website and was marvelled with your lovely products.
Await your reply back
Thanks

Re: AWAIT YOUR REPLY BACK TODAY
TO:Mary Mcgowe Message flagged Friday, November 4, 2011 9:26 PM
Message body
hi Mary,
I can't ship your order to me and then have someone one pick it up and send to you - it has to be shipped from Herbalife direct to you. I have never had any problems with orders not being delivered, also I was going to see would you be interested in becoming a distributor yourself then you can order your own products and you would be saving some money that way and when you sell products to your customers you would make a percentage for yourself everyone likes some extra money right. Let me know what you think I could sign you up as a distributor too.

Sent: Friday, November 4, 2011 3:45 PM
Subject: AWAIT YOUR REPLY BACK TODAY

Hi,
Thanks for your email,i really appreciate you getting back to me with the cost of my order plus shipping.
I have experienced lots of difficulties when it .comes to getting my items to my address here in Australia, I will want you to contact my shipper which i uses every time i purchased order worldwide via the below about my order [[email protected]),with the weight and dimension inclusive the value for insurance quoting my customer ID# QP34572955J They will .come pick my order up at your location I will need you to obtain a quote and tell them that i want to Insure the package and I will like you to get back to me with overall cost of the items.
including the shipping cost via my shipper.

Once I have these details, I will get back to you with my credit card details immediately for payment.
God Bless you (Amen),
Kind Regards,
Mary

Shipping an order
TO:[email protected] Message flagged Monday, November 7, 2011 12:36 AM
Message body
HI
I got your email from customer Mary McGowen ID# QP34572955J
I need to know what your cost would be to pick up an order at The Adelaide Warehouse for Herbalife at

Herbalife Australasia Pty. Ltd.,Unit G,
5 Butler Boulevard
Adelaide Airport, SA, 5950

She wants it insured and delivered to

Mary McGowen
450 AnzacParade,Kingsford,
Sydney, NSW, 2032

Please let me know thank you.

Sent: Monday, November 7, 2011 11:45 AM
Subject: INFORMATION NEEDED BACK TO GIVE YOU A QUOTE

Hello There,
Thanks you for contacting Aircargo & Container Services Ltd and we are very grateful.In regards to your request,Yes we pick up anywhere around the globe,we will be glad to give you a quote but the following information is needed.
Pick Up Address: Herbalife Australasia Pty. Ltd.,Unit G,5 Butler Blvd.,Adelaide Airport, SA, 5950
Delivery Address: 450 AnzacParade,Kingsford,Sydney, NSW, 2032
Customer's id # QP34572955J
Quantity And Weight Of The Consignment:1 box approx. 14lbs
Momentary Value Of The Consignment : $900.00
Once we get these details, we would have a quote sent to you as soon as possible.
Yours Sincerely,
Mark Mckenzie

----- Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 1:03 AM
Subject: SHIPPING COST,INSURANCE,CUSTOM AND HANDLING CHARGES

Dear Client,
Thank you for contacting Aircargo & Container Services Ltd, for your service.WE're a private shipping agent with private affiliate all over the world.We ran into our data base on the location you provided and also rectified the customer id number (QP34572955J) ad later got to discover that we have shipped some Merchandise to Mrs Mary Mcgowen in the past.We are located in United Kingdom but help private customers in pick up like this and have got affiliate all over the globe.So getting your shipment to your client won't be a problem.

For a shipment moving from Adelaide Airport, SA, 5950 to AUSTRALIA with the total Total weight and dimension you provide, below is the Standard and Express Shipment Air Freight quote.

customer id number (QP34572955J)
Express Shipment (2 to 3 days) $600.00
Standard Shipment (3 to 7 days) $520.98
The freight costs includes:
Collection from your Yard
Customs clearance
Duties & taxes
Inland transit to Australia
Insurance
Door To Door Delivery

Pick Up Address
Adelaide Airport, SA, 5950

Pick up will be made by our agent in the states from your address after payment is confirmed.We will need you to provide us with an estimate pick up date and time so that we can schedule a date and time for you,before the the goods are ready for picked up as we normally have a lot of shipment request.As soon as we got payment confirmed,we invoice your shipment and scan it to you to print out and paste on the shipment.

As soon as we receive all necessary information from you we will proceed on the pick up at your location,Also i will like to inform you that we only accept Money Gram/Western Union Money Transfer for now prior to pick up and collection of package which will be paid as soon as the order is ready for pick up.You would have to send us the amount to which the weight of the goods weight via western union/wire transfer so that we can do the pick up and settle the necessary tax and custom duties,this price includes insurance and all duties,then we will get back to you with the necessary details.We have greatly reduce the price of your shipment. For further information don't hesitate to contact us.
Looking forward to be of more service to you.
Yours Sincerely,

Mark Mckenzie

Delivery
TO:Mark Mckenzie Message Sent Wednesday, November 9, 2011 9:50 PM
Message body
Hi Mark,
I just want to clarify with you that your pick up place will be the Australia Herbalife Warehouse in
Adelaide

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 6:58 PM
Subject: Fw: SHIPPING COST,INSURANCE,CUSTOM AND HANDLING CHARGES

Hi Mary this is the cost I got back from your shipper company it would be less expensive for you to have me ship it direct to you from the Australia Herbalife warehouse I have never had a customer not get a package due to loss we can ship direct to your door. Let me know what you decide.

Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2011 5:25 PM
Subject: AWAIT YOUR KIND REPLY BACK TODAY

Hello,
Thanks for the total quote of my order.The total cost of my order is okay with me and I'm ready to pay the bills send me an invoice via email and i will email you my Credit Card for you to charge for the payment of my order.But i just got a response from my shipping Agent that He cannot receive payment via credit or debit card from me at the moment.I want you to help me Charge another $600 USD to my shipping agent who is going to pick up my ordered items from you.

The $600 USD that will be sent to the shipping agent is for the shipping of my order plus other items i ordered from different countries which will be deducted from my credit card.Also, I'm compensating you with the sum of $350 USD for the transfer fee and for surcharge. Please note that i should have given the shipping agency my credit card for him to deduct the shipping funds but He told me that he doesn't have the facilities to charge or debit credit cardat the moment,so that's why i bring my vote of confidence in you and i don't want you to betray the vote of confidence i put in you, I want you to transfer the funds to him after you have make the charges and the money charged from my credit card is in your account,then you can now make the transfer to the agent via western union.I will have love to do this my self but there no Western union here around me,So the charges you'll make on my credit card will be:
Order Fee ($900 USD)
Agent fee with shipping fare ($600 USD)
Transfer Fee plus Your compensation ($350 USD)
Total:($1,850 USD
Note that my credit card will be charged for the amounts above.Please do get back to me if you are in the office right now so that i can forward my credit card details to you , then you can charge full amount and transfer the agent shipping funds to Him via western union or money gram.
Hope you understand?
Thanks for your co-operation & understanding.
Hope to read from you ASAP
Thanks and God Bless you

Re: AWAIT YOUR KIND REPLY BACK TODAY
TO:Mary Mcgowe Message Sent Wednesday, November 9, 2011 10:50 PM
Message body

Hi Mary,
Well here is my kind reply I decided that before I took this any further I would check you out and this is what I found viewtopic.php?f=4&p=65390 it is ashame that you have nothing else to do but waste hard working peoples' time. Kindly leave me alone, thank you
#73785 by began steele Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:40 am
Thanks for the post. Please don't tell scammers where they are found and that you know. Just drop them/

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#78905 by bnorman Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:16 pm
I got this email

Name: Mary Mcgowen
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone:

Comment: Hello,
How're you?I want to place an international order from your company to our store in Australia.I want to know if you can ship internationally and accept credit card as a form of payment?I'd love you to reply me back and we can proceed further
Eagerly await to read back from you and we can proceed
Thank you and God bless you
Yours

and I replied back that we could definitely fulfill an order to see if I could get more information and this is the reply I got -

Hello,
Thanks for your reply back.I can't wait to have your lovely products in our store for my customers.Below listed is the items i want to order for and will want you to get back to me with total cost +shipping cost and i can provide you my credit card for you to charge and have my order ready and i can carry your product in our new inventory for our numerous customers.

MY ADDRESS FOR THE SHIPPING QUOTE.........

450 Anzac Parade ,Kingsford,
Sydney
NSW 2032,
Australia

Hope to read back from you with the total cost and we can proceed and finalized my order.
God bless you,
Mary Mcgowen
#78920 by Bubbles Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:05 am
Welcome to ScamWarners bnorman. Yes, the scammer would send you a forged check, then inform you that they "accidentally" over paid you and would you send the difference to them by Western Union. You would be left with a forged check and all that comes with depositing that into your account, plus you would be out the cash you sent to the scammer.

Thank you for posting this information.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#143949 by Clair Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:32 pm
klaus1936 wrote:Fraud / betrug [email protected]
UK-AirCargo LTD - Shipping & Escrow Solution
Web Site: http://aircargoltd.tk
(+44) 844 774 3910

[email protected]
David Anderson
Judd Street 1
London
WC1H9JE
United Kingdom

tried to scam me

Thanks for posting klaus1936. The aircargoltd website is no longer active. It was closed for abuse.
#144052 by Tornado76 Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:18 pm
I'm so glad you found that email "Fishy"!! I get so MAD whenever I read that someone has been SCAMMED!! These people make me absolutely SICK!! I'm just tired of the fact that so MANY of them get away with it... It's absolutely ridiculous!! ALL Governments around the World need to start cracking down on this B.S.!!

I just joined this Site today after doing a search on an email I received. I joined to help people be more aware of the Scammers out there... AND to learn as much as possible for Myself!! Usually, if it sounds "Way To Good To Be True"... It's a SCAM!! It's never a good idea to respond to these Scammers, but I will respond on occasion. I like to get as much info on them as possible, so that I can report as much as possible. However, I don't suggest doing that unless you know what you're doing!! These A**HOLES are Professional Thieves!!

Also, I've noticed several people mentioning something I ALWAYS look for when it comes to SCAMS. If you are from the USA, Canada, UK... OR you're fluent in English... You can always tell which Emails are SCAMS!! Because, most of them can barely speak English!! If the email seems "choppy" when it comes to English Grammar... it's a SCAM!! Also, the next DEAD GIVEAWAY is a request for YOUR Bank Info!! There is NOT one legitimate Business or Prospective Employer in the World that would EVER ask for your Bank Info!! And when it comes to Lotteries, Publisher's Clearing House, the FBI, the IRS, etc. .... these are Government Organizations that will NEVER, NEVER EMAIL ANYONE!! I receive at least 3-5 "FBI Emails" per week. If they were "real", I would have been in Federal Prison 5 years ago!! LOL!!

Be Careful, Please!! It's up to Us to stop these F***ERS!!! Apparently, the Governments around the World don't care about it right now. They will spend Billions on fighting a "War Against Drugs"... which will never be won.... but they won't spend a dime on people being scammed out of Millions!! They fight the War On Drugs because that's something they can TAX, if they were legal. Scamming will never be legal, so they don't care to fight that war. Think about it. :(
#144134 by TerranceBoyce Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:03 am
So true and I regularly post stories from the media about people who have been scammed and the consequences - recently leading to the death of two victims and losses which can go in to mind boggling sums of money. The amount is not the point as we also deal with victims in under-developed countries to whom the loss of merely $50 is a tragedy.

Don't forget either that if a scammer comes across someone with learning difficulties, psychological problems or a disability they're merciless and use their weakness to prey on them.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#144673 by mtulyatt Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:26 pm
Hi,

I have just come across the same scam but with different names and addresses.

I received a request via my online store about a large product order. It seemed a little large but I was pleased to receive such a large order. I wasn't suspicious at first, just cautious as they asked if I accepted credit card payments.

The reason I was cautious was that I have had a couple of charge backs from unscrupulous people in the past and was concerned about a large charge back! I was already thinking if they go ahead I would ask for a PayPal payment, to eliminate the possibility of a charge back.

But, they were insistent that they wanted to use their shipping agent.

I don't know, something didn't sit right so I started researching and with great difficulty eventually found this thread. The reason I am now posting this is because the contact details are completely different, and I wanted other people to be aware of and be able to search for, and find information on this scam, via their new contact details.

So here they are:

Name: Chao Lao
Email: [email protected]
Address: 6-9-10 Ginza
Chuo-Ku 104-0061 Tokyo japan

Shipping Agent Email: [email protected]
customer id# TW36HFJ76T

Also when I contacted the shipping agent, I asked for there phone number so I could call them, which they did not supply.

I hope this helps other be aware of this scam.
#144703 by Jillian Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:00 pm
Welcome! Good job spotting the scam, and thanks for posting it for others to find!
The order is fake, the payment will be fraudulent (often using stolen credit card info) and the scammer plays the role of the supposed shipping agent.
We have more information about this type of scam here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=23020
You may receive other variations of this same type of scam attempt. If you do, please do post them in that forum. You're absolutely right that any new names or email addresses are helpful to post for others to find.
Let us know if you have any questions.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#169773 by jcnapw Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:04 pm
I received an e-mail through my website (an online gallery selling my original artwork) and just by habit I Googled the address, and it brought me here.

The content of the message meshes perfectly with the messages I read below, and by now I'm pretty confident it's a hot card scam. Just for information's sake I thought I'd post this variation for anyone else looking.

Hello,

I want to place an international order from your store to our store in Australia. I want to know if you can ship internationally and accept credit card as a form of payment? Eagerly await to read back from you and we can proceed.

Thank you and God bless you.
Yours.
Andrew Rudd

A&J And Sons
[email protected]
Purchasing Manager

Thanks everyone for sharing the info!
Jessica