#29904 by StrawberryShortcake Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:02 am
streamreed wrote:Thank you for posting this information. We just received an email message from Dave Collins for a large order shipping to Belgium. It seemed fishy, and when we did a search on the company "New Style Store, Inc.", all we found was your warnings. So thank you!

:=) Look at all the $ money/cash/dollars $ scamwarners has saved people from getting ripped off, and thats just in this one thread.. :=) I love this site!!!
Advertisement

#30234 by docsequineproducts Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:16 am
Our company also just received an email from the same person today. Being curious as to what kind of business this was I did a search for New style store inc. and all I found was this!! Looks like he/she has changed addresses again.

new style store inc.
Milepost 176 Blue Ridge
Parkway near Meadows
Little Switzerland
+41 (0)61-665-13 75

Thank you to all who has posted!!!
#30260 by Ralph Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:33 pm
Hi docsequineproducts, welcome to Scamwarners.

I am glad you had some suspicions and did some searching, well done.

Thank you also for adding this latest information, scammers will often change details to help them avoid detection in searches so these latest details are a big help.

If you have any questions please ask
#30365 by foupfeiffer Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:48 am
Our Google Postini Filter Quarantined the same:

Received: from source ([209.44.101.146]) (using TLSv1) by eu1sys200amx112.postini.com ([207.126.147.14]) with SMTP;
Fri, 11 Jun 2010 00:52:20 GMT
Received: from nobody by mediterranean.sibername.com with local (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1OMsTj-0001Mb-Fu
for info@ ; Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:52:11 -0400
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: order to Switzerland
Reply-To: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:52:11 -0400
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - mediterranean.sibername.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - DOMAIN.co.uk
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 99] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - mediterranean.sibername.com
X-pstn-neptune: 0/0/0.00/0
X-pstn-levels: (S: 0.30035/99.71181 CV:99.9000 FC:95.5390 LC:95.5390 R:95.9108 P:95.9108 M:97.0282 C:98.6951 )
X-pstn-settings: 3 (1.0000:1.0000) s cv gt3 gt2 gt1 r p m c
X-pstn-addresses: from <[email protected]> [db-null]
X-pstn-disposition: quarantine

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:52:11 -0400
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: order to Switzerland

Hi,

I want to place an order in your store,and i will like to know if you ship to Sweeden
and my method of payment will be credit card.so please let me know if you can assist me with
the order ,And please do not forget to include your web page in your replying back to my mail.
I will await your prompt response as soon as you receive this mail,i will be very glad if you
treat this email with good concern...

Best Regards

Shipping Address:

New style store inc.

Milepost 176 Blue Ridge

Parkway near Meadows

Little Switzerland

Zip Code: 28749

+41 (0)61 - 665 13 75
#30694 by kurious Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:51 pm
Dave Collins wrote to me from Switzerland - googled the addy and came here.

Good work :)

Shame the scumbags can't be stopped...!
#30706 by Ralph Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:32 pm
Hi Kurios, welcome to Scamwarners.

I am glad you did some googling after becoming suspicious, well done.

We cant stop them but we can slow them down by educating people about scams :wink:

If you have any questions please ask
#31881 by Tafmack Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 am
Just to flag up that we have just received the same scam. Did a quick google check and Scamwarners came very near the top! Just adding our case here to help keep it at the top for others to find.

Dear Sir/Ma
Greetings from Drago Store Pty. My name is Douglas Patti the CEO of the company. i will like to place order on some products in your company,but i would like to know if you ship to Australia and also do you accept Visa or Master card as method of payment? Please do not forget to include your web page in your replying back to my message and get back to me as fast as possible so that i can let you know the product i would like to order.

Please email me back with the current price list on the products if you website is not updated.

Thank you....

Yours Sincerely,

Douglas Patti.
DRAGO PTY STORE
1253 High Street Road
Wantirna South,
Victoria 3152.Australia
Tel: 03 9871 8335
Email: [email protected]
#31884 by Ralph Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:09 am
Hi Tafmak, welcome to Scamwarners

Thank you for posting about your experience and i am glad you avoided being scammed, well done.

You seem well sorted but if you do have any questions please ask.

For what it,s worth, the details you were given were most likely of a real company that is not involved at all, its a common ploy to make their scams look more legitimate
#33183 by DaveWH Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:45 am
We received this e-mail, sent to us from a supplier in Germany today.
Their address and phone details have changed.

Dear Sir/Ma
Greetings from Drago Store Pty. My name is Douglas Patti the CEO of the company. i will like to place order on some products in your company,but i would like to know if you ship to Australia and also do you accept Visa or Master card as method of payment? Please do not forget to include your web page in your replying back to my message and get back to me as fast as possible so that i can let you know the product i would like to order.

Please email me back with the current price list on the products if you website is not updated.

Thank you....

Yours Sincerely,

Douglas Patti.
DRAGO PTY STORE
1253 High Street Road
Wantirna South,
Victoria 3152.Australia
Tel: 03 9871 8335
Email: [email protected]
#33186 by GomerPyle Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:28 am
That scammer has left his tracks all over the internet and clearly has no idea who you are or what you sell, and he doesn't care.

If you want to see how this scam plays out look here

http://leadershipgardenlegacy.com/store ... -australia

Apart from wasting your time and taking attention away from real customers his intention is to use stolen or phished credit card details and then try to convince you to pass him a portion in the form of cash, which is all he's really interested in, using some weird and convoluted story about using his shipping company.

All he's doing is sitting in some anonymous internet cafe sending out thousands of these mails to companies, in this impersonal template form, hoping just a small percentage will bite.

Like so many other scams, even if they aren't successful, they are still a timewasting nuisance to people who are having to work hard to make a living, unlike the scammers who think they're smart.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#34922 by kiddiroo Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:52 am
we have just been duped into this scam but having done a search out of interest for the new style inc store, this board came up! Like so many others on here, we are a small business and were encouraged by the large order. We had spent a good portion of the day trying to organise the quantities he wanted and am now annoyed that it was all a scam, but grateful that we found out in time!

In fact we have just had the email about charging his card etc:

Hello ,
Thanks for the total quote of my order.The total cost of my order is
quite correct and okay by me and I'm ready to pay the bills . I shall
inform my freight forwarder who will be coming to pick up the order to
hold on and come immediately you inform me that the items are ready
for pick up then i can give you a call on that day to get the items
packed for pick up and they will call you on their arrival at your
address.Also I want you to help me Charge another £450 from my card
for the freight forwarder who will be coming to pick up my ordered
items from you.
The £450 that will be sent to the freight forwarder is for the
shipping of my order and other items i ordered from different part of
the country which is to be picked up by him and should be deducted
from my credit card.Also, I'm compensating you with the sum of £150
for the transfer fee and for your efforts. Please note that i should
have given the shipping agency my credit card for him to deduct the
freight charges but he told me that he doesn't have the facilities to
charge or debit credit card , so that's why i bring my vote of
confidence in you and i want you to assist me in this measure, so i
want you to transfer the funds to him after you have make the charges
and the money charged from my credit card is in your account,then you
can now make the transfer to the agent via Money Gram.i will have love
to do this my self but there are no Money Gram here around me cos i
am out of town to monitor my estate construction at a remote
village,So the charges you'll make on my credit card will be:

Order Fee:£1,084.30
Agent fee with shipping fare:£450
Transfer Fee plus Your Compensation: £150
Total: £1,684.3

Note that my credit card will be charged for the amounts above.Please
do get back to me if you are in the office right now so that i can
forward my credit card details to you , then you can charge full
amount and transfer the agent funds to him via money gram.

Thanks for your co-operation & understanding.
Hope to read from you ASAP.
Thanks and God Bless you

I await your quick response.
Kind Regards
Jacob.F

Strangely it seems to either be dave, david or jacob who keeps emailing!

Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done to stop him as some of these posts date back over 8 months and he is obviously still using the same, word for word email, somebody must be actually doing as he has asked for it to work for him.

Anyway, thx scamwarners

The Kiddiroo Team
< link removed - not relevant - Michelle >
#34923 by crazy4flavour Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 am
Note the capitals where there shouldn't be, and vice-versa. Maybe scammers have to have a literacy problem :lol: As Christian, I'm always pleased to see "God be with you" or similar in an email, but it's also a "signature" of scammers as well so I take care.

(I once replied - I know I shouldn't - to a plea for help from a dying man who wanted me to look after a few million US$ and use it wisely for God's work on his behalf, as he had prayed a lot about the matter and the answer had come that I was trustworthy and would use the money in that manner. I repied how I appreciated him thinking of me - etc - etc - etc, and got to the third paragraph before I let him know that I too had prayed about the matter and He had advised me that the guy was a liar and a charlatan. I just love to think of him starting to read the email from me and getting near the end before he realised he had not snared another victim. :laugh-s: )
#34936 by kiddiroo Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:06 pm
Great reply! I wonder how many people he has scammed! We are grateful we found this forum, although alarm bells would have rung when he told us to start sending money grams, etc.

< link removed - not relevant - Michelle >
#34937 by Jillian Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:12 pm
Welcome kiddiroo, thanks for taking the time to post. :D I'm thrilled to hear that you searched and caught the scam in time. Though, I can understand how the wasted time and effort could be frustrating.
Please do post the email address the scammer was using so that it will also show up in searches. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done beyond spreading the word and reporting any credit card numbers you happen to receive to the proper authorities.

@Crazy4Flavour: What you're doing is considered scambaiting. Scambaiting is leading the scammer on, pretending to be a victim, when you're very well aware of the scam and will not send money or comply to his requests. It isn't safe to bait with your real information. In this type of scam, you'll have been contacted via your business so baiting the scam isn't recommended. For anyone interested in scambaiting and learning how to do it safely, please visit our sister site, http://419Eater.com

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners