#243130 by Diamond55 Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:46 pm
I work for a company that a scammer from overseas tried to scam. Thankfully we realized what was going on before anything happened, but I wanted to post this series of emails between us and the scammer in hopes that it will help another company avoid getting scammed. Hope this helps.

Christianus Ari
[email protected] wrote:
Do you accept international customers and able to ship overseas ?
Is it possible for me to place order by email ? What's the term of payment ?
Thank you,
Christianus Ari

Hello Christianus,
Yes, we can ship to some international locations. If you could let me know what the address is, I can verify we can ship there and approximately how much shipping would be.
What type of item were you interested in?
As far as payment options, we accept most of the major options:

- VISA
- Master Card
- AMEX
- Discover
- Cashiers Check
- Cash
We just ask your payment clears before shipping.
Thanks Christianus,

Christianus Ari
[email protected] wrote:
Hello
Thanks for your response. I'm located in Singapore. I'm looking for a loose diamond. Do you carry loose diamonds ? Let me know.
Thank you,
Christianus Ari

Yes, certain parts of Singapore we can ship to.
If you had the actual address I could let you know for sure if we can ship there or not.
Typically shipping charges are around $125+ depending on the value of the package.
What type of loose Diamond are you looking for?
- Shape
- Size
- Color
- Clarity
- Cut
- Certification

Christianus Ari
[email protected] wrote:
Thanks for your info. I'm looking for a loose diamond in range specification following below :
Shape - Round Brilliant
Color - D to E
Clarity - FL/IF/VVS1/VVS2
Carat weight - between 1.00 - 1.50
Cut - Excellent
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Fluorescence - None
Certified by GIA
I prefer the diamond has been inscribed. Please let me know if you could provide me a diamond in criteria above. Also inform me regarding the price and the GIA Report Number.
Thank you,
Christianus Ari

Hey Christianus,
What are you looking to spend for the Diamond? Given your parameters, there could be a $35k range between the sizes and clarity's you gave. Let me know more specifically what size and clarity you are looking for and your budget for the Diamond and I can send you some specific quotes.
Thanks,

Christianus Ari
[email protected]> wrote:
Hey,
I apologize because i forgot give you my budget. My budget is about $20,000 - $25,000.
Thank you,
Christianus Ari

Hey Christianus,
Attached is an Excel graph showing (10) Diamonds that meet your criteria.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,

Christianus Ari
[email protected] wrote:
Hey,
Thank you for the info. I'm interested in ordering the stone following below :
- RB 1.17cts E IF EX EX EX GIA Non 60.3% 59%
$24,675
May i know the GIA Report Number of this stone ?
Christianus Ari

Hey Christianus,
We do not give out the GIA report number on Diamonds, but I have attached a copy of the GIA report. If you would like to proceed, let me know the address we will be shipping to and I can get you a final total price (including shipping).
Thanks Christianus,

Christianus Ari
[email protected] wrote:
Hey,
Thanks for your informed. I just want to make sure if it has laser inscription.
Please give me the quote of total amount including shipping cost via FedEx International First/Priority. I will send my credit card details to complete the payment on Monday 23rd.
Here is my complete address :
ADDRESS (Shipping and Billing):
Name : Christianus Ari
Company : CV.CRA Raya
Address : MAC-CRG(PITU8), 115 Airport CRG Road #02-30, CRG Agent, Building C, Singapore 819466

Thank you,
Christianus Ari

Hey Christianus,
Yes, Diamond has the GIA report number inscribed on the girdle of the Diamond (as is noted on the GIA report - 'GIA inscribed')
We can ship the Diamond 2 possible ways:
$285 - Express
$235 - First Class
We ship via the USPS and the package would be fully insured.
After you send your preferred payment method, I will secure the Diamond (put it on the side for you) and run the full amount ($24,960 for Express or $24,910 for First Class). Payment will have to clear before I ship the Diamond out.
Let me know which shipping method you would prefer and the payment method.
Thanks Christianus,

Christianus Ari
[email protected] wrote:
Hey,
Thanks for your informed but please arrange the shipment via FedEx International Priority.
Thank you,
Christianus Ari

Christianus,
We do not ship via FedEx because we are not insured with them.
The only way we ship is via the USPS - because we are insured with the USPS and can ship the package with full insurance coverage. We checked and your shipping address is one the USPS ships to (as I mentioned earlier, some address in Singapore the USPS does not ship to, but yours is good).
Package also comes with a tracking number (with either shipping method: Express or First Class) - so you will be able to track the package if you'd like.
Let me know...
Thanks,

Christianus Ari
[email protected] wrote:
Thanks for the info. It would be okay via USPS as long as you send me copy of the invoice and the shipping receipt. Also the item description has to be the fact.
Thank you,
Christianus Ari

Will do.
Let me know your preferred method of payment and how you would like the package shipped (Express or First Class).
Thanks

Christianus Ari
<[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks for your informed. As i said in my previous email, i will send my credit card details to complete the payment on Monday 23rd. I would like he package to be shipped using Express.
Thank you,
Christianus Ari

Sounds good Christianus,
Once we receive payment information, we will bill the full amount ($24,960) and secure the Diamond. After payment has cleared (may take several days) we will ship the Diamond out via Express USPS.
Thanks,

Hey,
Sorry for late reply. Because of my credit card limit, i have to use 2 cards.
Here are my credit cards details :
- Type of credit card : MasterCard
- Credit card number : 5569190001156xxx
- Cardholder’s name : CHRISTIANUS ARI
- Expiration date : 01 / 2018
- CVV : 202

- Type of credit card : MasterCard
- Credit card number : 5569190001588xxx
- Cardholder’s name : CHRISTIANUS ARI
- Expiration date : 01 / 2018
- CVV : 325
Noted both see report for CC# (BW)

Name : Christianus Ari
Company : CV.CRA Raya
Address : MAC-CRG(8WOLU), 115 Airport CRG Road #02-30
CRG Agent, Building C
City : Singapore
Zip Code : 819466

Please charge my cards above half of total amount each card and let me know if
you have successfully charged them. Keep inform me regarding my order progress.
We should be grateful for your prompt delivery as the goods urgently needed.
Thanks for your time and waiting for your next information.
Thank you,
Christianus Ari
Advertisement

#320439 by rachelradiance Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:19 pm
Thank you for posting this!!! We had an identical email come in from someone and because of your post we were able to confirm it as cc scam. Luckily we were suspicious as well and didn't go through with the transaction.

We sell diamonds online and always vet our clients. This was initially very mysterious because the client chose the stone so quickly.

Original inquiry:
I'm looking for loose diamonds with following specifications :
- Loose diamonds D-F color;FL/IF/VVS1/VVS2;Round Brilliant cut ;
cut grade, polish and symmetry Excellent/Ideal;
1ct - 2cts ( Or closed that size ).
GIA certificate

How much will I buy diamonds , it depends on the price that you will provide.
I will responsible for tax and duties in Singapore , And I willing to pay the extra cost for the goods above.
If you have a loose diamond which has closest specifications please email me along the prices.

--------------------------

Since we work with a lot of international clients, that wasn't necessarily unusual. We showed pricing for a few different options and he chose one. When we asked for shipping and billing we got this info:

Name : Darmo Caesar
Company : CV.Darmodar Raya
Address : TAFF LOG(FC7) , 115 CRG Road #02-22 Building C
City : Changi
State : SG
Zip Code : 90405

We sent the client an invoice which he paid immediately. At first the Visa card was declined then Amex was approved. But when I googled that address, I came across this post, along with a USA Today article about credit card fraud in Singapore associated with the domain address from the sender (gombalmoekiyo.com)

Our payment processor advised against shipping the goods as they were aware of an uptick in CC fraud to Singapore. We voided the charge immediately and informed the person we couldn't ship to that address.
#328953 by MKJNVR Wed May 24, 2017 5:47 pm
Just an update, I got an e-mail also and after giving in the address I ended up at this forum.

Expecting it to be a scammer.

E-mail conversation:
<[email protected]>

Hello ,

I'm interested to order from your company. But i have some question before I determine the order.

Do you accept credit card for international order Visa, and Master Card ?
Could you send the order to Singapore by ups or Fedex. Etc ?

Please confirm me as sooner and give me the best answer. I'll determine my order after that.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards.
Janet Christie

-------------------------------

I asked her to give me her full details and this is what I got:

Name : Janet Christie
Address : TAFF LOG(FC7) , 115 CRG Road #02-22 Building C
City : Changi
State : SG
Zip Code : 819466

Waiting your next confirm ASAP!

Regards

-------------------

Be warned!
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed May 24, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations.