If you have received a warning from someone claiming to be a ScamWarner and want to check if it is genuine, please ask here.
#5159 by Holly Brown Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:12 pm
If you've received an email from Holly Brown warning you that you are corresponding with an internet scammer, the warning is real.

I'm glad you took some of the advice and are looking here for answers. If you have any more questions you can post them in the forum, or you can contact me at the address on your email from me. Either way, your questions will be answered cheerfully. :D

Welcome to Scamwarners! Take a look around and educate yourself about internet scams in general, and arm yourself against further attempts to steal your money. We want you to stay safe!

Holly Brown
Advertisement

#5703 by Holly Brown Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:12 pm
We are aware that many happy romances have evolved from meeting online. But I have spent a great deal of time studying internet scams, and romance scams in particular. When the details of your correspondence came to us, I checked the information we were given, and all the search results showed your correspondent to be a scammer.

Romance scammers target lonely, vulnerable people and play on their emotions and generosity to enrich themselves. Their words of love and caring are lies, like most everything else they have said. The emotional damage done to the victim is almost harder to bear than the financial damage. It has been called “emotional rape.”

While no one can get your money back for you, there are groups that can help you put your emotional life back together. Please seek out such a group, either in person or on the internet, and tell your story. You will not be judged, you will not be condemned, and you will not be made fun of. You will be listened to and counseled by others who have gone through the same thing you have.

[email protected] if you want to ask me more questions.