If you have received a warning from someone claiming to be a ScamWarner and want to check if it is genuine, please ask here.
#81225 by crucio Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:17 pm
Hi, I received a warning from an Archie Pelago. I would appreciate if someone could verify if this is a member of this site or not. (Am baiting.) Thanks so much.:

I am a member of an antifraud team fighting Internet scams. We were tipped off by one of our informants that you may be in the process of being scammed by a person using the name ***** *****. Their emails could seem to be coming from any country but remember - it's a scam if they ask YOU to send money. My real name is not Archie Pelago but I have been able to assume this name just as the scammer is able to assume any identity they like, in this case ***** *****. Any money you send this person will be lost forever.

If you have any questions, please do not heitate to email me back and I will do my best to answer them.

It is very important that you please do not let on to the scammer that you have been warned, if you tell the scammers you have been warned you allow them to scam another person and they will give you a million reasons to disregard this warning - just ask yourself 'who is asking for me to send them money?'. I am not asking you for money via Western Union or Moneygram or any other means, nor will I ever. I am contacting you to make sure you don't lose any more of yours. These are very dangerous organized criminals, and we do not want to compromise the safety of our informants.

If you are baiting I apologise but take it as a compliment - you bait very well and I have to send this in case you are a real victim!

Regards,

Archie

Scam Advisor
Advertisement

#81228 by Jillian Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:05 pm
Hi,

This is a legitimate warning email, but it isn't from anyone here at ScamWarners. Any of our warnings would include links to us. Just respond to the warner that you are a scambaiter.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#90757 by kashif Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:40 pm
Hi,
I have received a warning e-mail from the state bank website but i want to know about you how it can be done . I am a very clean man. I don't do anything .Please give me the suitable idea that how can ,i verify the exact mail person . I waiting your action.
Thanking you .
Last edited by Bubbles on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Deleted duplicate post.
#92156 by Nailgunner Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:47 pm
^ welcome Please post the email along with the headers here - remove your own email address from them for privacy purposes. We'll take a look at it and see what's up. But an email from a bank out of nowhere is suspicious. It may be a "phishing" email trying to get hold of your login details in order to steal your riches, so be careful and don't click on any links in it.

remember, a real bank will never

- Ask you to email passwords or PINs
- Ask you to click on a link in the email
- use free webmail addresses.

Are they who they say they are? Google their email address or mobile phone number and see where else they've been. Use Google Images to see if they have stolen somebody elses' photographs.