If you have received a warning from someone claiming to be a ScamWarner and want to check if it is genuine, please ask here.
#99059 by SaraUAB Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:16 am
Hi, today I received the following warning email:

Hello,

I am a member of a group that investigates internet fraud, and I am writing to warn you that you are being targeted by an Au Pair Scammer.

An au pair position that is being offered to you does not exist. It is a scam designed to steal money from you.

The scammer, through his fake agency or lawyer, will request money from you, pretending that this is necessary to obtain travel documents, for example a work permit or visa, national insurance or tax clearance certificates.

Please do not send any money. He will not obtain any genuine documents for you. He is a criminal intending to steal your money from you.

Please do the following:

1. Stop all contact with the scammer.
2. Do not notify the scammer that you have received this warning.
3. Please write back to me, so that I will know you have read and understood this email. I'm also happy to answer any further questions you might have.

For further information about this type of scam please visit:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3232

Yours,
Chris Fuller

I think a family that wants me to work as their au pair could be a scam. They have sent me these two messages:
FIRST

We are Phillip and shaley Wilson. We are in our mid 30’s and live in New York (Brooklyn) (One of the most beautiful city in United States).Am a businessman and i works for a software development firm. shaley my wife is an Optometrist and she owns and runs an eye clinic. Phillip’s interests include: reading, movies, entrepreneurship, sports, spending time with the family. He coaches for some of the kids’ sports teams. shaley’s interests include: reading, exercise (yoga, biking, running), cooking, home improvement projects, MOMS club (through church), and spending time with family. As a family, our interests include: going to parks, the zoo, museums (art, history, and children’s museum). We attend Mass every Sunday. We enjoy sports (swimming, soccer, baseball, basketball), music (playing piano) and reading (going to the library is a favorite activity)

BENEFITS, SALARY AND ACCOMMODATION

The most important expectation we have for our Au pair is that she keep our only daughter happy and engaged. We desire an Au- pair that enjoys playing and interacting with children.
Our Au Pair will also be required to drive the children to and from some of their events (including preschool, piano, and swimming lessons). She will be needed for meal preparations and moderate housework (such as keeping the kids play areas and bedrooms tidy, cleaning the kitchen after meals, and helping w/ laundry).

ACCOMMODATION (LIVE IN)

Our au pair will have her own room with separate bath room.

SALARY

We'll be paying our Au-pair 1500 Dollars per month and we will be give him or her 50 dollar per week and you will required to join our family on any occasion

Our Au-pair will be working for good 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week which mean her working days will be from MONDAY TO FRIDAY While SATURDAY AND SUNDAY will be her off days work. Secondly our Au-pair will be having 2 times vacation Leave very year which mean very six month their will be 2 weeks paid full monthly salary. We will be looking forward to hear back from you now

SECOND

Thanks for getting back to me now and again attach to this mail is few of our family Picture and please note that for us we need a confidence trust and honest serious minded Au-pair/Nanny for our little Angel(JOY) since we will be away for work please note that i don't have any time to waste and all what we needed is someone serious who is ready to work and who is hard working please if that you're not serious about this job offer please do not get back to me and again if that you are ready to work for our family please note that kindly contact this traveling Agency because they are the agency who's help our company to process all our workers document who is coming from another Country to work in our company and again kindly contact them directly so they can tell you require information needed to secure you working visa. Here is there e-mail address below..

GLOBAL VISA AU-PAIR TRAVELING AGENCY
Contact person....Kinglsey Magee
[email protected]

contact them immediately and ask for there requirements to secure you a working visa and flight ticket down here and indicate that you're from me that you want to work for me as a nanny to my kid so they can start processing your visa immediately.Hope to hear back

What do you think? What can I do?

HELP!!!!!
Advertisement

#99064 by AlanJones Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:31 am
The warning you have received is legitimate and is from one of the Moderators of this site.

The family that you have been in contact with do not exist and neither does the travel agency that they have asked you to contact. The whole thing is a scam designed to con you out of money in the way of fees for visas etc.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#99071 by Dotti Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:24 am
As Alan said, this family is a definite scam.

The writing tells me the person you are in contact with is African, not American.
consultant.com email addresses are free addresses from mail.com. They are not used by legitimate businesses. In addition, travel agencies do not arrange visas for au pairs.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#99073 by SaraUAB Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:39 am
I'm looking for a family to au pair in New York. I've been offered work at Oxford, London, Manchester and Brooklyn. The UK households have a contact beginning with the prefix +4477, and the family in New York tucked into an agency that will fix me the visa and flights,"GLOBAL VISA AU-PAIR TRAVELING AGENCY
Contact person....Kinglsey Magee
[email protected]

contact them immediately and ask for there requirements to secure you a working visa and flight ticket down here and indicate that you're from me that you want to work for me as a nanny to my kid so they can start processing your visa immediately.Hope to hear back".
I've seen online that +4477 prefixes are fraudulent and if you tuck a family to an agency can also be fraud.
Do not know how to check.

This is the contact the London family gave me.
Robert Dale Family.
64 Newman Street.
London, United Kingdom.
W1T 3DZ
+44701114721

And this one is the oxford's family contact:

My Number is +447045754032 or [email protected]
We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

I don't know how to be an au pair without being a victim of fraudulent operations.

Help!
#99076 by AlanJones Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:51 am
It is any number that starts with +4470, that indicates that you are dealing with a scammer. Number starting +4470 are personal redirect numbers that look like UK number, but can actually be answered anywhere in the world. There is no legitimate reason for someone in the UK to have one.

If you are looking for an au pair position in the USA, please read these US Government webpages about the US Au Pair Program:

ttp://j1visa.state.gov/participants/how-to-apply/

Do not send money to any agency, embassy, lawyer, or other person introduced to you by a potential host family.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#99384 by anntaou Tue May 01, 2012 7:55 pm
Hello Dear ,

My name is Mrs Sandra Lina From UK with 2 wonderful Kids, Brian and Amelia. Amelia is 6 years old why brian is 4 years old. I work as an Oncologist doctor here in United Kingdom.I am in need of an Aupair or nanny cos i am always busy and i hardly have time for my kids due to nature of my job and need someone who will watch over them when am not around and take good care of them... We were convinced that you possess the qualities capable of taking good care of the kids in my absence... Also you can enroll for special program if you wish to. As for your salary, we intend to pay you 2000 monthly so as to enable you engage yourself in any program that can add more values to your life while you stay with us.

About the Au Pair´s duties:

* Will be responsible for keeping the house clean and tidy.

* Helping get ready for school, play with them after school, read before bed, take on excursions to the city.

* Your Schedule will be as follows , Taking the Kids to school bring them Back , Bath them, help them with there Home works Play with them, you will be having the weekend as your offs.

*You Are Not to do Nude things in the House or smoke in there Present.

Salary

* You will be Paid 4 Days before the end of the Month.

* Your Monthly Salary Is 2000pounds sterling, weekly dues or Pocket fee is 90 pounds weekly.

* Working Extra Time might be included.

Accommodation's

A Room well furnished and has a double bed, with sitting area and TV/DVD/Video/Whiffing. There is wireless broadband Internet in the house and also a Car you can be using during your period here with us in UK .Anything needed extra you can let me know .

About Our Home.

* We Live in a City which has More than 40,000 people.West Sussex UK .

* We Live in Our house is 5 bedrooms and has 3 bathrooms one room for you and a bathroom.

* We have No Pets

* There is a House Keeper, A Gardner and My Own Private Driver.

* Your Room Will Be Next To The Kids Room.

* There is a Private Toilet and Bathroom which will be available for you .

* Our House Is Nor Much Far from The Park so we do have lot of funs.

About The Kids.

* Name : Amelia and Brian

* Varities: Love to play , talk and eat ..lolzz

* Favotire Games : Monopoly,Dinosaurs, books

* Tv: Cartoons

* School: One of the best student.. School is a 500 meter walk or bicycle.

* Health Result: Extremely energetic kid who loves outdoors and also indoors.

* Activities: (outdoor, indoor)

* Food: Breakfast, wheat bran or Oatmeal. NO SUGAR!!! they has a sandwich for lunch.Dinner Chicken Noodles 90% of our food is low-fat and salads, but we also like chocolates and wine.

Home address

Home Address : 11 Fichley Road, NW3, London, England .

I want you to get back to me on your decision if you will be willing to come and join our family here in London, i will highly appreciate your effort. I Hope you are Okay with everything i stated and anywhere they might be problem maybe we can adjust or add let me know and hope you Understand me here .

Regards.

Mrs Sandra Lina Family.

Their email is [email protected]

IS IT A SCAM?????
#99389 by Dotti Tue May 01, 2012 8:41 pm
Welcome to scamwarners!

It is a definite scam. The writing once again tells me the letter came from someone African, not British. There are also many mistakes in the letter that further indicate this scammer is not and has not been in England.

I see that you have used your email address for your username. We do recommend that you use a username that is not connected to your real name and email, in order to protect your privacy. If you want to give me a new username, I can change it for you.

Please post the email address this scammer is using, so that others will find it when they search the address.

#99393 by anntaou Tue May 01, 2012 9:04 pm
Hi there,

Thanks for the answer. Do you suggest I shouldn't even answer them and say I'm not interested?

I tried to find my username, but could not find how..Please make it 'rita'.

I'm posting the mail immediately, goodnight!
#99398 by anntaou Tue May 01, 2012 9:40 pm
Ok, please try 'anntaou', if its in use too try an1988, or alternatively ntaou88. Thanx again!

So fed up with all these scammers..I cannot understand what they're trying to make out of it; they can see from my profile that I live permanently in the UK and the first thing I do when I get a new email is to try to meet them somehow, or at least video call them if they have sent pics in order to make sure that they are the same people.. Pffff..!!!Is there anything I can do to prevent them from sending me more mails??

What you do here is great and extremely helpful! :)
#104680 by VERY Sat May 26, 2012 4:47 pm
I CAN'T BELIEVEIT!!
I'M AN ITALIAN GIRL AND I'M SEARCHING FOR A FAMILY THAT NEEDS AN AU-PAIR...FORTUNATELY, MY SUSPICIOUS LED ME TO INVESTIGATE AND NOW I'M WRITING HERE...I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
TWO PERSONS WROTE ME THESE MAILS:

Hello Au Pair,

We would like to welcome you into our family. Your profile was
shortlisted from www. Easy Au Pair.com .We are looking for a caring
person to look after our wonderful daughter. I will expect to have an
Au pair that is mature, competent, experience and focus at all times
We live in a beautiful spacious home in London, United Kingdom You
will have your own private and large bedroom with en suite bathroom
Your bedroom has TV, DVD, and stereo and internet access.

We have one girl. Our princess is 3 years old and the best little
girl in the world and loves to chat she is a very friendly, fun loving
child. She will be going to playschool two mornings a week. She loves
stories and books. We need general help looking after our princess ,
getting her dressed, preparing simple food and feeding her ,playing
with her , waking her up in the morning, getting her dressed and
giving her breakfast, taking her to the park and music groups,
reading stories and playing with them, Keeping her bedroom tidy and
generally helping me with my daily routine. Some ironing is needed but
we have a cleaner so the house work is very light.

The most important thing for us is that our Au pair loves children.
We would like you to be a friend and be loving towards our child. We
would like someone who has some experience in childcare. We are
looking for a person who is caring and understanding, patient and
kind. You will need to be able take our little princess to school in
the mornings and collect her in the afternoon using a bus or our spare
car. You would drop our little girl to play school two mornings and
collect her after 3 hours. We would need you to prepare a light lunch
for her for school. She is such a joy. She is so gorgeous, a gentle
little girl. Everyone that comes to visit is immediately wrapping
their arms around her!! She loves kisses and hugs!! She will be your
everyday friend! You would also be required to help her with her home
work and play with her.( If you are interested in my job offer, kindly
get back to me with your updated CV and some pictures of yourself for
Cheers and keep in touch.

Warm Regards,
Mrs. Katie Whitehouse (for the family)

(SEND FROM [email protected]<[email protected]>;)

Dear Au pair/Nanny,

This E-mail serves as job notification to you. My Wife and I have gone through your profile in www.easyaupair.com and found you eligible to live and take care of our Son Peter. We are currently based in London UK.

We require the services of an Au pair/nanny who would take care of our Son. Our busy schedule prompted us to seek the assistance of an Au pair/nanny, we searched for an Au pair on the Au pair site and we found your profile and liked it. Your basic duties would be to take care of our Son Peter.

Find in the attachment are some of our family pictures.

We have a maid who would undertake of housework hence your basic responsibility is with our kid. Indicate your interest by sending us your recent picture phone number and introduction letter about yourself for us to evaluate and consider you for the position.

Let us hear from you so that we can discuss more on the offer, send us your reply as soon as possible.

Do have a wonderful day ahead.

Yours Faithfully,

Robert Dale
For the Family.

(SEND FROM [email protected])

I WROTE TO THE LAST ONE AND THEY ANSWERED ME:

Dearest Xxxx,

Thanks for your interest to work with my family.
Meanwhile, how are you doing today? Hope that you are of good health over there. We are looking for an Au pair for our little kid Peter.

Besides, let me use this opportunity to give you a brief introduction to our family.

We are a family of three. My wife Janet, Peter 2yrs and I. I am the Managing Director of Norfolk Hotel based here in London UK, my wife also work in the same Hotel as Administrative Assistance with the Human Resource.

If you need to inquire about the authenticity of our employment with the company and our current posting to (UK), you could contact our company http://www.euronorfolkhotel.com/ ([email protected])

With respect to your services, your basic duties would be to take care of our kid. We have a house maiden who would undertake housework hence your sole basic responsibility is with our son, and that includes getting him ready for school in the morning, preparing his meals and playing with him and also visiting some recreational parks and children play ground near our building.

Peter will be three (3) years old by 10th June 2012 and we are planning to host a birthday party for him.

You will have your own room furnished with a laptop computer connected to Internet for your personal use.

Your monthly salary will be 2000GBP which would be paid to you at the end of every month and a weekly pocket money of 250GBP and this is subjected to change with respect to your approach to services in our family. You will be expected to work for about 25-30hours per week. You will have weekend off and we shall pay you for an extra-time in your work in case of such incident.

As we go through your CV, send your ID Number to enable our lawyer to prepare an Appointment Letter and other travel documents for you.

Upon your arrival to the UK, we shall enroll you into any English Language Classes of your choice on our expense, so that you can improve your English.

We Love you and sincerely look forward to welcome you to our family.

Wishing you a very happy and wonderful day.

Best Regards,

Robert Dale Family.
64 Newman Street.
London, United Kingdom.
W1T 3DZ
+44701114721

NOW I'M TOTALLY DEJECTED....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, IT'S VERY IMPORTANT!
#104687 by Helen Halper Sat May 26, 2012 5:39 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners, VERY!
I'm really sorry that you were contacted by these scammers. That must be extremely frustrating when you are just trying to find an Au pair position. Thanks for posting. The information that you posted could help other potential victims from being scammed.

#104789 by VERY Sun May 27, 2012 6:54 am
and what can you tell me about this??

Hello Dear,
We need you as an aupair/nanny in our family.... My name is Christman Davidson , We are married parent with with 3kids, we live in United State in America... I work full time and my wife as well. If you are prepared to give out a big piece of your heart to 3three little angels, age 6,5,4 are experienced with creative ways to channel their energies throughout their development years, and a warm, friendly and straightforward personality. If you are someone whose thoughts, character and interest is OK with becoming a member of a ready made family, get in touch with me and lets see what we can work out. I would be especially interested in the growing of a technology based business or businesses. This offer could be just what you are looking for if you are one of the 99% movement from within or from abroad. If you think you have potential in sales, marketing and managing a home and a business I would love to hear from you. Working out a rewarding partnership to help me with my kids and business interest is a Worth while goal for the right person.
I am especially interested in some one with a heart full of unconditional love and affection to bring into my family to nurture the growth of my kids. Please if you are interested in working with my Family as an Au-pair/Nanny kindly reply back with your information and your CV Letter. Or Full name: Address: Age: Occupation: Phone: Current location:
Look no further,
Hope To Read Back From You As Soon As Possible..

Best Regards.
Mr. Christman Davidson..
#104798 by Dotti Sun May 27, 2012 8:28 am
100% scam, I'm afraid. I could say with absolute certainty that the author was African by the 2nd line.

The scammer also seems confused as to whether he is supposed to be advertising a sales position or a nanny position!

#104804 by jolly_roger Sun May 27, 2012 8:50 am
Hi VERY. I would agree it is not genuine. There are grammaratical errors within the letter you received which points easily to this conclusion. I am sorry these grubby wastes of space have taken up your time.
Also the phone number from the dale scam previously mentioned has been posted in the forums before. Anytime you witness one of those phone numbers beginning with 4470, you can bet it's a scam.