If you have received a warning from someone claiming to be a ScamWarner and want to check if it is genuine, please ask here.
#3162 by Ted Baker Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:38 am
that was I.

The reason that I contacted you, whether by phone or by email, was that your name and details had been flagged up as being a potential (or actual) victim of an Internet fraud.

I am a member of this voluntary group who have organised ourselves in order to try and combat the EVIL that is "419 fraud" and other type of Internet fraud.

The majority of this frauds (or scams) start with an unsolicited email, asking for help to move money out of a certain country, or asking you to stand as next of kin for a deceased person, or telling you that you have won a lottery you never knew existed, and so on and so on.

For whatever reason, the potential victim responds and is hooked. After requests for pesronal information, name, address, occupation, etc etc, sometime a scan of a passport is asked for, then comes the demand for fees. These will be for documents, legal or bank fees, bribes, customs fees, and even money to get a "diplomatic courier" released from custody.

Be assured, THERE IS NO POT OF GOLD awaiting you. No matter how much you send, and some people have been scammed into taking a loan to pay for fees, the promised money, consignment or whatever, will NEVER arrive.

SO, well done for coming here on the strength of a contact from a stranger. This is the first step.

Please look through this site. There are a lot of experienced people here who can give very good advice and assistance. One thing we cannot do is get you your money back, nor can we get the fraudsters arrested. If only we could, this crime would be wiped out quickly.

No, the people here have contacts around the world with support agencies and the like. They can put you in touch with professionals if need be.

One thing you can be sure of on this site.... no one will ask for any fees, money or anything. We do this work out of choice, and for the benefit of others.

The thank you's and the knowledge that a victim has been saved is all the reward we seek.

Please feel free to ask anything, although you must bear in mind that we cannot reveal our sources of information. These MUST remain secret in order to protect those willing to take the risk in order to procure that information.

Regards

Ted Baker (sometimes I use Ron Bettis).
Advertisement