Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#239926 by Jade Mendoza Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:26 am
I ordered Siberian Husky worth Php14,000 thru online with this person Levie Delfin last February 28, 2015 at www.olx.ph. We both agreed that I will deposit the half amount Php8,000, then, the moment that the package will arrive that's the time i will deposit the balance. So, when i went to the bank he kept on texting if it has been deposited already but the line was very long at that time. When I deposited the money Php8,000 thru this BPI Account Number 3169-3123-29 joana marie avila, gladly i did not deposit the whole amount, he kept on asking for the balance because he needed the money for his child's birthday, i said i haven't receive the puppy yet. He said that it will be ship thru 2GO, and then when I ask for a PROOF OF SHIPMENT like a receipt from 2GO, he cannot provide any of it because he said he put it inside the package for my copy. Then, He said, he will go back to 2GO for a copy of the reciept but again he did not send any reciept from 2GO. He sent me this Tracking Number 751-PWI-448-UI from 2GO. But, when we went to 2GO yesterday March 2 they said that it is not their tracking number, and they are only allowed to ship big live animals like cows, pigs, etc. But small pets like a puppy they will not ship. Supposedly the package will arrive Sunday afternoon March 1, but it did not arrive. And the contact person Levie Delfin 09225455844 is nowhere to be trace. He will not reply to any of my texts and when I call his number is out of coverage area. So, I posted this message so that other people will be aware of this SCAMMER!

His olx username is delfin869.
Advertisement

#239934 by Bubbles Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:55 am
I am sorry you were taken for this amount of money. You will not hear from the scammer again in most cases. He might try to hit you again for some other contrived reason. Just ignore his requests.

Thank you for posting this bad experience for others to find.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#242513 by ErikaDG Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:50 am
Me and my sister are also a victim of this OLX seller just today! Same BPI account number. Same Account name. I felt so stupid for not searching her name online first before depositing 2,000 php on her account. Siberian Husky was the deal for $9,000 and had to pay a deposit for reservation fee. Although the man that i talked to over the phone claimed to be Christian Ignacio and his wife Joana Marie Avila is the account holder. He kinda tricked us for paying the reservation fee ASAP because he said there is another buyer who is very interested in buying that husky. We were talking over the phone for almost 15 mins trying to figure out if he is a legit seller. Unfortunately, I thought he was legit after the conversation after all the stories he shared. It all happened so fast. One day transaction. And we started to get worried cos he is not responding anymore on our messages and not answering our phone calls after the money has been deposited. Well he did respond saying that he is still at work and had to wait til he gets home so that we can add him on facebook to send the copy of the deposit slip. Then after few hours, we did not get any response anymore. This time he used 0943 093 5838. We are supposed to pick up the puppy on their address tomorrow. Address given was B15 L23 Rose St., Camella Homes, Bay, Laguna. Then we searched online until we saw this post. Such a disgrace. My sister saved her money just to buy her dream puppy. And this is what she got. And she is just a student. I felt bad. Kinda liable for it. I will pay my sister for the money stolen. But such a traumatic experience for her. I am online buyer and never really had trouble on it until now. This is my first time too.

Pls beware of this bogus seller. Wish we can get our money back or at least cancel that BPI account for fraudulent act.
#261224 by kesh adjarani Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:36 am
I was also a victim. I was interested to buy a dog (chow-chow) when i saw their post in OLX, I texted this number (09430713036) and asked if the dog is still available. Then a man called me using that number claiming to be "RYAN IGNACIO". He said that i should pay the total amount of 7,000 and additional 1,000 for the shipment. The way he talks via phone he can really make you believe that he is a legit seller. Last July 17,2015 ,I paid the said amount via Cebuana Lhuiller using the name "RYAN IGNACIO" when he said he is already in the aiport ready to ship the dog. He also said the dog is already quarantined so i send the total amount of 8,000 pesos. After that I had a hard time contacting him. He send me a tracking number TWX-418935752-0 so I went to the airport cargo (cebu pacific) and asked about the dog and they said that it is not their tracking number. I tried to call and txt RYAN IGNACIO and he said he will call the cebu pacific again. after that i cannot contact him again. the number is still working but he is not picking my calls.
#261225 by kesh adjarani Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:44 am
I think they are using different names ..

RYAN IGNACIO
CHRISTIAN IGNACIO
VIRGIL IGNACIO
JOANA MARIE AVILLA
LEVIE DELFIN

try to contact this number 09430713036

the number can still be reached. they used this number to me.