Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
Advertisement

#240321 by Mike Wilson Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:36 pm
His opening format and confirmation of the fake PayPal.

Thanks, im just asking about it to make sure its in good condition as im buying it for my dad as a surprise and he doesn't
know about it, so can you assure me i will not be disappointed? also no shipment involved as i have a mover that will come
for it. I read an understand the add quite alright, but there are few thing i would like to know about it as well : (1) are
you the first owner (2 )Let me know its condition (3) Your last asking price. (4) Do you have a paypal account ? . Cheers

The email showing how the scam works. A fake PayPal payment and wanting the shipping fee sent to his agent via Money Gram. If the shipping agent was real he could accept a PayPal payment direct for the buyer.

Hello
I am about to complete the payment and i need you to do me this big
favor, the pick up agent said they won't come for the pick up of the
goods that i will need to pay for the pick up before they can arrange a
pick up time, they charged me $1,200.00 for pick up and delivery,i
will add $1,400.00 to the money i will be sending you via
PayPal...so the extra $200.00 is for the money gram charges.Then
i just need you to help me send $1,200.00 to the pick up agent via
money gram Transfer as i will add the money to your $9,509.32
so i will send the total amount of $10,909.32.. into your PayPal
account.i would have done it myself but as i didn't bring my credit
card aboard,i am a little incapacitated.as soon as i send the money
now, Paypal will notify you the process and how to go about it during
payment okay?Just let me know if you can help me with that because i
have to made the payment now
Best Regards

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#240384 by Mike Wilson Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:13 am
Spoofed email from fake PayPal
Sent from [email protected]

Dear <removed>,

This is to confirm to you that we have received your payment of $10,909.32 USD from Abigail George for the Goods she bought from you and the sum of $10,909.32 USD will reflect in your PayPal Account after all due measures have taken place.We need the (REFERENCE Number), sender's name and address used to make the transfer of the sum of $1,200.00 USD
to her Pickup Agent from you to complete this transaction. We Advise you to send the said amount meant for her pick up agent so that we can Credit your account.Kindly provide the REFERENCE (Transfer Control Number) so all procedures in checking the correctness of funds into your account can be completed.We are working together with Money Gram Transfer on this transaction.

The money has now been deducted from the buyer's account and is ready to be deposited into your PayPal account. The REFERENCE number is to be sent to us at [email protected]

This is due to new policies at PayPal to protect both the buyer and the seller in the face of the growing number of fraudulent activities perpetrated via the internet. Your payment is intact. You are Advised to complete this transaction.

If you have questions about this payment for your sold Goods or service, please contact PayPal directly by replying to this email. Your query will be answered promptly.

Here at PayPal you can be assured that your security and safety is our topmost concern.

We hope to read from you soon.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
PayPal Email ID: PP307

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon