Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#259421 by Roukie Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:57 pm
I'd like to add to this. Selling a car on Gumtree and received an email from [email protected]. Gave him my PayPal email to pay with and he sent the following in response:

I was just about to pay when i had this problem with the pick up, my pick up agent says i will need to pay for the pick up before they can schedule a pick up time, they charged me $950 for pick up and delivery, and payments for pick up made through them is made to their corporate international headquarters which is in the CHINA and the payments is made through western union money transfer, i will add the $950 to the money i will send through Paypal as soon as i have made the payments, i will email you and let you know and please i will need you to help me send the money to my pick up agent Head Quarters in the CHINA through western union money transfer, this can be done from any post office ,there is always western union money transfer section in most post offices (you can do it online as well at http://www.westernunion.com)..., i would have done it myself but as i am at sea and didn't bring my credit card aboard, i am a little incapacitated.

Basically confirming what Mike was saying about PayPal / Western Union. Very dodgy.
Advertisement