Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#127154 by taliesin Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:17 am
[email protected] just responded to my Gumtree advert following the exact same script as reported for [email protected], "mary maxwell", [email protected] and no doubt many others ...

"I wish to let you know that I'm satisfied with the conditions and i will like to inform you that am buying the item for my Family in Thornton Heath,so i will be the one responsible for the pick up and delivery stuff.kindly get back to me with your full name and address so that i can forward it to the pick up agent to calculate the pick up fees for me.

Thanks.

Joy to You and Me!!!"

You would think they would change their script occasionally!
Advertisement

#127272 by roxanne123qwe Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:58 pm
I Had the same one [email protected]> same script and then wanting me to send shipping fee via Western Union too S. Africa!

And then fake PayPal emails also as follows

My name is Richard Wilson. I'm a PayPal representative in charge of your transaction with Patricia Chance([email protected]).

Regarding your question, You have to understand the fact that the money has been credited to your account, But it will neither be displayed nor be available for spending. We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until the Transfer verification is complete. You will have to reply to this message with the MTCN number and the scanned copy receipt given to you at western union office the transfer of the money can be made at any western union office.

You are encouraged to complete this transaction by sending the money to the delivery agent on your hand and get back to us with scanned copy receipt given to you so we can confirm it and your money will be released into your account.

We thank you for being an asset to PayPal and we hope to serve you better in the nearest future.

PayPal Account Team.

defiantly a scam!!
Last edited by Bubbles on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
#264033 by Sammyboy Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:19 am
Tried to scam me too - exactly the same text as detailed previously except the persons name was Maria Jonnson - email address [email protected]. Interesting that her surname was Jonnson but the surname in her email was Johson. She responded to my Gumtree advert in South Africa - interesting that she wanted the item that I was selling for her family who are situated in Thornton Heath which is in the UK!

Thanks Scamwarners - you saved me!
#265825 by Gentleflame chen Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:56 am
right! I got exactly the same scam response to my Dubizzle ad (the site has just renamed to OLX) in Oman.
email is also. [email protected]

"I wish to let you know that I'm satisfied with the conditions and i will like to inform you that am buying the item for my Family in Thornton Heath,so i will be the one responsible for the pick up and delivery stuff.kindly get back to me with your full name and address so that i can forward it to the pick up agent to calculate the pick up fees for me."

Now, "she" wants my Paypal email address.

... ...
Thanks so much to save me out of this!

Removed (BW)
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.