Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#193970 by sherryw Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Hello,

This 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra, runs and drives excellent. This car has been extremely well maintained with a full service history, has 87,128 miles! Transmission is manual. The vehicle has all of its original floor mats, all books, complete set of tools and keys. Everything works in the car lights, gauges, radio, windows, locks, a/c blows ice cold, etc. It has no leaks or drips and does not smoke at all, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions with a clear title free of liens.

I bought it when I was serving in U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, Havelock, NC and now I am deployed in Athens, Greece. The car will be delivered from Havelock, NC, it is stored in a military compound.

I have dropped my price to $1,500 (purchase price) including delivery and handling to your address, since this is an urgent sale, it will be delivered free of charge through a military transportation service to a designated location of your choice, average delivery time is 3-5 business days, depending on destination. It has been reduced because I need to find a buyer before my upcoming deployment take place and I don't want to waste more time negotiating.

If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner please email me your: full name, shipping address and phone number, to open a case with Military Advantage Program. They will contact you to explain the entire procedure. The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 15 days inspection period before committing to buy the car. Using Military Advantage Program service we are both 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

To support my argument regarding the condition of the car please visit the following photo album: http://imgur.com/a/Ti5SD

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Sgt. Martha Carney
USMC ANG 116 AMXS
Advertisement

#193972 by TerranceBoyce Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:51 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners sherryw.

This is a scammer who has been operating in the UK for quite some time, usually impersonating a member of the UK military. Now he's impersonating the US military but he's not managed to get his story right, but I won't point out to him where it all falls apart.

UK vehicle sites are covered in scammers like this and no one should ever buy a car they aren't able to see and inspect. He's clearly trying his luck elsewhere but he should be unlucky as he clearly hasn't done his homework.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#236354 by zifsgirl Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:18 am
I am so glad I found your website. I am looking for a car & had searched for "Bargain Mart" since it is no longer available in print version. I was directed to a website called "recyler.com". After looking through several postings, I came across a '07 Nissan Xterra for $3006. I couldn't believe how cheap it was because it said it was in great condition & also had a link to look at pictures which were of the inside & outside of the vehicle. It was beautiful. There was no phone # so I left a message asking for contact info. I received an e-mail from the seller & something just didn't seem right. His name was Andrew Joshua & he said he was in the Marines. It had base in North Carolina & under his name was USMC ANG 116 AMXS. I searched that to see what it stood for & found a link to your website. It is the same scam, only the name has been changed & the vehicle. I am including the e-mail he sent me. I am also notifying "recycler.com". Hopefully before anyone gets scammed.
Hello,
First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my 2007 Nissan Xterra S 4WD V6 4.0L SUV. The car has been extremely well maintained with a full service history, it only has 99,010 miles! Transmission is automatic. The vehicle has all of its original floor mats, all books, complete set of tools and keys. Everything works in the car lights, gauges, radio, windows, locks, a/c blows ice cold, etc. It has no leaks or drips and does not smoke at all, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions with a clear title free of liens. The tires are very good.

I bought it when I was serving in U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, Havelock, NC and now I am deployed in Havelock, NC. The car will be delivered from here, it is stored in a military compound.

I have dropped my price to $3,000 (purchase price) including delivery and handling to your address, since this is an urgent sale, it will be delivered free of charge through a military transportation service to a designated location of your choice, average delivery time is 2-3 business days, depending on destination. It has been reduced because I need to find a buyer before my upcoming deployment take place and I don't want to waste more time negotiating.

If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner please email me your: full name, shipping address and phone number, to open a case with eBay Motors. They will contact you to explain the entire procedure. The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 5 days inspection period before committing to buy the car. Using eBay Motors service we are both 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

To support my argument regarding the condition of the car please visit the following photo album:
http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/xterr ... ent&page=1

Sgt. Andrew Joshua
USMC ANG 116 AMXS
#237297 by jmks Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:50 am
I ran into a similar problem Found a honda civic 2009 model way under market value and requested more info. Got an email from Elaine Dawson claiming to be in the USMC ANG 116 AMXS. It was way too good to be true, so I google searched her image and it turns out that is was a different, very decorated marine. I then googled her rank and that led me here. This was her message to me.
Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my 2009 Honda Civic EX-L Navigation 1.8L. The car has been extremely well maintained with a full service history, it only has 45,685 miles! Transmission is automatic. The vehicle has all of its original floor mats, all books, complete set of tools and keys. Everything works in the car lights, gauges, radio, windows, locks, a/c blows ice cold, etc. It has no leaks or drips and does not smoke at all, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions with a clear title free of liens. It has new Michelin tires.

I bought it when I was serving in U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, Havelock, NC and now I am deployed in Denver,CO. The car will be delivered from here, it is stored in a military compound.

I have dropped my price to $3,000 (purchase price) including delivery and handling to your address, since this is an urgent sale, it will be delivered free of charge through a military transportation service to a designated location of your choice, average delivery time is 2-3 business days, depending on destination. It has been reduced because I need to find a buyer before my upcoming deployment take place and I don't want to waste more time negotiating.

If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner please email me your: full name, shipping address and phone number, to open a case with eBay Motors. They will contact you to explain the entire procedure. The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 5 days inspection period before committing to buy the car. Using eBay Motors service we are both 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

To support my argument regarding the condition of the car please visit the following photo album: http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/2009- ... L/library/

Sgt. Elaine Dawson
USMC ANG 116 AMXS

So glad i found this site
#271237 by LaneF Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:47 pm
Yup... Just received this phishy email a few minutes ago-

Hello there,

Thanks for showing interest in buying my 2004 Nissan 350Z. The car is in excellent condition, it doesn't need additional repairs, no scratches, dings, rust, special marks whatsoever. The interior is in great shape. The car has 76,953 miles, all services are up to date and never involved in any accidents. It has a clear title with no loans or liens on it and I am the original owner.

I bought it when I was serving in the U.S. Air Force, Selfridge ANGB in Harrison, MI and now I am deployed in Ciechanow, Poland in order to strengthen military cooperation between our country and Poland. The car will be delivered from Harrison, MI, it is stored in a military compound.
I have dropped my price to $1,500 (purchase price) including delivery and handling to your address, since this is an urgent sale, it will be delivered free of charge through a military transportation service to a designated location of your choice, average delivery time is 2-3 business days.

Please let me know when you decide to move forward so I can explain you the whole process.

Thank you!
Sgt. Martha Carney

- almost word for word with other ads!
#374110 by Spidy24 Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:31 am
Just FYI this scam is still going on. I found this car on craiglist and texted the number and they replied with an email for me to use. And this was the response I got.

Hello ,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my 2010 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3.5L. The car has been extremely well maintained with a full service history, it only has 81,321 miles! Transmission is automatic. The vehicle has all of its original floor mats, all books, complete set of tools and keys. Everything works in the car lights, gauges, radio, windows, locks, a/c blows ice cold, etc. It has no leaks or drips and does not smoke at all, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions with a clear title free of liens. It has new Goodyear tires.

I bought it when I was serving in U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, Havelock, NC and now I am deployed in Denver, CO. The car will be delivered from here, it is stored in a military compound.

To support my argument regarding the condition of the car please visit the following photo album: https://www.use.com/Ogn3I