Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#276959 by Stoosanub Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:19 am
Hi I have a car advertised on gumtree and just thought I'd give a warning as has someone attempt the typical 'pay by paypal and ship' on it. was text by a gentleman called carl (no number shown on phone only name as sent via email) asking me to eamil details of service history, damage etc which i did. the email was [email protected], the guys name is apparantly Carl Smith. this is what was sent as a relpy:

Thanks for getting back to me, i just want to make sure nothing has been left out and just so you know i am buying it as a gift. I will be buying this for the price you have listed it for. Payment will be sent using PayPal and i will handle the PayPal surcharge as well. I will arrange with a shipping company to have this picked up at your location once i have paid as i am out of town at the moment. Am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls is restricted and i can ONLY DEAL VIA PAYPAL as i don't have access to my bank here and i don't have online banking, so you can send me your PayPal email address so i can send the money at once and its easy to sign up for one just log on to http://www.paypal .com , Note: i'll also include the Shipping company's fee to the money am sending you and you will pay them on my behalf and they will provide you with details for the logbook and sign it upon collection, so kindly Get back to me with your PayPal email account so i can proceed with the payment thanks

Just a heads up!
Advertisement