Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#176704 by Abudiego82 Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:49 am
Hi everyone:

I found a post selling a Jeep Wrangler in Mercadolibre.com.mx, a website that works similar to craiglist. I was excited at first but it's becoming increasingly suspicious. The sellers claims to be american and live in Kansas, but is selling the car in a mexican site, with a mexican subfix on her email. She claims the car has mexican plates so nobody up there is interested (fully equipped, 1997 jeep wrangler at US$3,200).

After several attempts to get me to "respect her efforts to write in spanish", I insisted she used english, and the inconsistent grammar made it even more suspicious. Here is the last email exactly how I got it...what do you guys think? Any known scam using DHL shipping?

Hello , if you are interested to buy my car and if you don`t like complicated things, i suggest to use Shipping DHL Nebraska for this transaction.
I don`t know if you ever used DHL but i will try to explain as simple possible.
1. I must deposit first all documents and the car in DHL custody.
2. DHL will contact you , to ask you personally, if you are or not agree with this shipping to your address.
3. DHL will check the documents and technical status of my car and they will send you invoice with vehicle data sheet..
4. I will sign a contract that i am agree to sell my car on your name, if you are pleased with it and I will pay all fees for delivery and for all documentation.
After the invoice is ready, you will get the confirmation of transaction, in same time you must receive instruction to deposit money for the my car to DHL .
5. In this way they will keep in safe my car and also your money ,as soon we do our part of agreement, they will start shipping to your address
6. as soon DHL will arrive to your address with my car, you will sign a contract for the custody of the car for 5 days
7. In this 5 days you have enough time to check the mechanical status of the car, to drive for a limited number of miles in this contract is stipulated that you can`t drive more than 50 miles in this 5 days.
8. after this 5 day DHL will call you for your final decision if you sign or not the selling/buying contract.
9. If you will keep my car and sign the contract , DHL will release the money to my account.
10. In case that you are not agree to keep it, from any reason, DHL will restore to you all money and bring the car back to me.
Let me know if you did understand how it goes with DHL and if you are agree to go forward we can talk over the phone all the details .

Thanks,i am here and i wait your questions, i`ll be happy to replay to any of them !
You are free to call me any time at Phone: +1 (620) 422 2352

Then I asked for a DHL link with this information and haven't heard from "her" ever since.
Thanks for the help.

Added quotation. (BW)
Advertisement

#176705 by Dotti Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:55 am
Total scam. You will be told that you have to send the money to "DHL" who will hold it until you agree to keep the car.

In reality, you are not dealing with DHL at all (which is why the scammer couldn't send you a link.) The scammer is just pretending to be DHL, and any money you send will go to the scammer. As for the car? The scammer (who is most likely in Africa or Malaysia) doesn't have it and has never even seen it. He just stole the details from a real ad and reduced the price.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#196785 by thrmi Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:49 am
[email protected]

Hola

Mi nombre es Linda Anderson (mujer) encantada.

Tengo todos los registros de servicio, correa de distribución fue cambiada, el motor se encuentra en perfecto estado, se tienen KM 110000 en el momento. De pecado yo no se hablar Espanol , voy a ententar de escribir en espanol utilisando Google Translate. Pero si tu sabes hablar ingles nuestra conversation va hacer mas facil para mi , pero soy segura que nos vamos a entender tambien en espanol.
The car have Mexican documents on my name ( original factura ).
Aquí te adjuntado fotos de mi coche : PICTURES HERE que sólo ha sido completamente revisado, el motor funciona muy bien y la transmisión automática cambia perfectamente, título claro, también pasa la inspección MD.
El coche tiene documentos mexicanos en mi nombre (original factura).
Aquí están algunos detalles acerca de mi auto: 41,900 MXN - 3,200 USD , KM 110000..

Puede comprobar el coche a la policía con detalles a continuación: 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 , VIN# (NIV): 1J4FY29P9VP407001, Motor (NCI): 0NG0IAJ8, Placa: SLA7124, Versión: 4X4 CARROCERIA ABIERTA / Desplazamiento (cc/L): 2.5L / Número de cilindros: L4 / Nuevo Leon

Tenencia esta pagada incluido para el año 2013.

Todo el trabajo de los medidores, no hay fugas, no fuma, todo el poder (ventanas, seguros de puertas, etc) funcionan bien, verás, todo lo que quiero es no perder tiempo con las negociaciones y encontrar un comprador tan pronto como sea posible .
This will not a blind transaction, you can see the car before committing to buy to eliminate any concerns, if you can not afford to make a financial mistake - buying a money pit, my car is best choice..
Tuve la mala suerte lamentable de tener más que mi parte de los compradores horribles con este coche.
Quién sabe por qué las personas hacen lo que hacen, pero yo todavía espero encontrar un comprador serio.
Si usted no va a ser uno y si tiene dinero en mano, esperaro su repetición
Gracias! PS: it will be much appreciated if you think that we can talk in English, i use google translator and i don`t know if the translation is correct.
Linda Anderson

12 Cottonwood St, Lincon, NE, 09471
#199551 by derh04 Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:12 pm
Thank you for all your post,
I was trying to buy a VW Jetta 2008, and this was the e-mail in response
I feel so dumb now xD, atleast not dumb enough to be scammed

Linda Anderson ([email protected])

Hola
Tengo todos los registros de servicio, el motor se encuentra en perfecto estado, se tienen km 57000 en el momento. Unfortunately i don`t know Spanish so i will try to write in Spanish language, but if you think that we can continue to talk in English, your effort will be much appreciated.
Aquí te adjuntado fotos de mi coche : PICTURES HERE que sólo ha sido completamente revisado, el motor funciona muy bien y la transmisión automática cambia perfectamente, título claro, también pasa la inspección MD.
Aquí están algunos detalles acerca de mi auto: 45,000 MXN - 3,350 USD, km 57000 .
Puede comprobar el coche a la policía con detalles a continuación: 2008 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA (NIV): 3VWEV09M48M675871 (NCI): 24HIEKPM Placa: 152XYW Desplazamiento (cc/L): 2.0L cilindros: L4 Institución que lo inscribió: VOLKSWAGEN DE MEXICO
Tenencia esta pagada incluido para el año 2013
Todo el trabajo de los medidores, no hay fugas, no fuma, todo el poder (ventanas, seguros de puertas, etc) funcionan bien, verás, todo lo que quiero es no perder tiempo con las negociaciones y encontrar un comprador tan pronto como sea posible .
This will not a blind transaction, you can see the car before committing to buy to eliminate any concerns, if you can not afford to make a financial mistake - buying a money pit, my car is best choice..
Tuve la mala suerte lamentable de tener más que mi parte de los compradores horribles con este coche.
Quién sabe por qué las personas hacen lo que hacen, pero yo todavía espero encontrar un comprador serio.
Gracias! PS: it will be much appreciated if you think that we can talk in English, i use google translator and i don`t know if the translation is correct.
Linda Anderson

This is the link to the photos: http://s864.photobucket.com/user/jettader56/slideshow/
#201402 by doncacique Tue May 13, 2014 7:54 pm
I just got the same!!!
What can we do to stop this?

Hola
Tengo todos los registros de servicio, el motor se encuentra en perfecto estado, se tienen km 45000 en el momento. Unfortunately i don`t know Spanish so i will try to write in Spanish language, but if you think that we can continue to talk in English, your effort will be much appreciated.
Aquí están algunos detalles acerca de mi auto: 59,000 MXN - 4,500 USD, km 45000 .
Puede comprobar el coche a la policía con detalles a continuación: 2007 MINI COOPER S CONVERTIBLE (NIV): WMWRH31067TM12719 (NCI): 2P4078A4 Placa: 522URA Desplazamiento (cc/L): 1,6L cilindros: L4 Institución que lo inscribió: BMW DE MEXICO, S.A. DE C.V. (ARMADORA AUTOS) Entidad que emplacó: DISTRITO FEDERAL
Tenencia esta pagada incluido para el año 2013
Linda Anderson
#201651 by Roxyrks Thu May 15, 2014 5:13 pm
Hello everyone, having posted on this site is of great help to others in these type of situations.
Good thing you found ScamWarners before sent money o provided personal information.
It would be great help if you could include all the details and email addresses from the scammer.
Also, do not let them know that you have posted here.
#201653 by vonpaso xlura Thu May 15, 2014 6:24 pm

No one in the Americas, speaking to anyone in the Americas, would be that redundant.
Tengo todos los registros de servicio, correa de distribución fue cambiada, el motor se encuentra en perfecto estado, se tienen KM 110000 en el momento. De pecado yo no se hablar Espanol , voy a ententar de escribir en espanol utilisando Google Translate. Pero si tu sabes hablar ingles nuestra conversation va hacer mas facil para mi , pero soy segura que nos vamos a entender tambien en espanol.

This is not the writing of any native speaker of English or Spanish, in the Americas or in Europe. It was not made with Google Translate either. It is the writing of an African who does not know how to use the compose key. Translated to English, part of a sentence means "But if your know to speak groins our [not Spanish] is going to do but [misspelling] for my".
Todo el trabajo de los medidores

This probably was machine-translated, but the English input has a misspelling typical of West Africans, resulting in mangled Spanish grammar.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#284095 by Piprm Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:47 am
My experience is similar to the scam template mentioned previously.... (here is sample)

[Hello again ,
As I mentioned in my previous e-mail at this moment I am in RAAF Base
Tindal, NT military base, getting ready for UK deployment.The car is
already at our Logistic Department from NT
(http://www.transportarmyexpress.com) , crated and ready to go. I'm in a
special training program before my deployment and I am not allowed to
get out of the unit or have visitors.I can ship the car to you without
problems using DHL Express from army transport and logistic system
(http://www.transportarmyexpress.com). You will receive the car along with all
the documents. As for the payment I can start a transaction through DHL
Express. All I need is your full name and address so I can share the
info to them and after that they will contact you to explain the entire
procedure without any obligation to buy it or fees.They act as a third
party and will protect both of us in this transaction.You'll make the
payment in an DHL Express managed trust fund! After that, I send it over
( the car will be delivered with the rego, owner's manual, service
records, and of course the bill of sale authorized and signed by me).
You will have 7 days inspection period on it from the day you'll receive
the car, you can inspect it, take it to a mechanic to check it out, ride
it and then if you decided to keep it, you'll confirm to DHL Express the
sale. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car ( even
though I can assure you that it is exactly as described, in excellent
condition), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your
money, no hidden or extra cost for you. So, this is not a blind
transaction, you can see it before committing to buy and to eliminate
any concerns you will have 7 days to inspect it and I think this is more
than fair for both of us.I tried to explain as best I can but if you
have further questions do not hesitate to contact me. I will wait your
details (full name and shipping address) if we have a deal.

Please keep in mind that I need to sell the car asap. I am waiting your
e-mail,

Steve

To expose this fraud ...
I have simply asked for a PDF copy of his current registration papers on the vehicle!
1/. it proves 'who' the current owner is.
2/. not easy to get copies and modify - if you are from overseas!
3/. easily checkable from the roads dept. :wink:
That should be the end of it! :beer:
Phil
#284111 by Tim Atem Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:05 am
transportarmyexpress.com is a fake - newly registered for 1 year only and it's in the process of being reported for fraud. Thank you for posting!

Domain Name: TRANSPORTARMYEXPRESS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1998063733_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.launchpad.com
Registrar URL: LaunchPad.com
Updated Date: 2016-01-27T23:51:02Z
Creation Date: 2016-01-27T23:51:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-01-27T23:51:00Z
Registrar: Launchpad, Inc. (HostGator)
Registrar IANA ID: 955
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: John Rackic
Registrant Organization: Website
Registrant Street: 2 Murrumbidgee D
Registrant City: Echuca
Registrant State/Province: Victoria
Registrant Postal Code: 3564
Registrant Country: AU
Registrant Phone: +61.411829250
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: John Rackic
Admin Organization: Website
Admin Street: 2 Murrumbidgee D
Admin City: Echuca
Admin State/Province: Victoria
Admin Postal Code: 3564
Admin Country: AU
Admin Phone: +61.411829250
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: John Rackic
Tech Organization: Website
Tech Street: 2 Murrumbidgee D
Tech City: Echuca
Tech State/Province: Victoria
Tech Postal Code: 3564
Tech Country: AU
Tech Phone: +61.411829250
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: ns6483.hostgator.com
Name Server: ns6484.hostgator.com
DNSSEC:Unsigned

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5