Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#293815 by Michelle Thu May 05, 2016 2:59 am

Subject: Re: Audi A4
To: Michelle Banks

Hello Michelle

Please accept my apologies for late reply, You know holidays with two kids is like a second full time job :)

We will be using MSC company website- www.msc-transport.com . This company delivers and also handles the payment procedure for internet transactions like ours, they manage transactions between buyers and sellers located in different countries and this company will allow buyer to test the vehicle before i will receive the money.
I've used their Escrow and transport services before, they are great and the car will be delivered at your door in maximum 3-4 working days. You don't have to do any Customs procedures because they offer the full door-to-door delivery service, they will take care of everything and deliver the car at your address.

The car have insurance. I will send the documentation in original along with the car. I asure that we'll succeed to make this deal. You will receive of ownership of car without problem because this shipping company will make the name transfer on the ownership documents also because I will give them a power of attorney.

I am ready to start as soon as you decide. I need the following shipping details from your part:
- Your full name for the documents.
- full shipping address: street, city and postal code (if any).
- phone number.
After i receive your details, i go to the shipping company and leave the car in their custody. Shipping company will contact you with all transaction details and tracking number that you need to complete the deal. With this tracking number you must check on the company website if everything is ok. Then you will have to make a deposit to the logistics company bank account. The deposit is just a formality and it won't obligate you to buy the car, it is a safety deposit, just to be sure that this is not a joke and I don't pay the transport taxes for nothing. The shipping to your address will begin after the deposit is proved and confirmed by their bank. Escrow agent from shipping company will handle the transaction and the money will be there secured in a trust Escrow bank account until the car will arrive to your address and you will be satisfied with the car.

You will receive the car and you will have 5 days to test and drive it to your local your mechanic. The shipping company offer direct inspection period to see if everything is okay and if the car is working properly. In the inspection period, you can test the vehicle, go at your local mechanic or dealer for inspection. After the test period it's over you will have to inform me about your decision.

Finally, after inspection period ends you need to choose what do you want to do. If you buy the car or not. If you find any problem with the car you will receive a full refund (shipping company will give back your money) and the car will return back to me. I am responsible for the complete delivery taxes, including return if you do not agree to finalize the purchase, but I guarantee you will like the car.

Thanks a lot for Your understanding, we apreciate that.

My regards,

Christian Meyer
Surgical Dentist at Total Dental Care
[email protected]

Advertisement

#293893 by TerranceBoyce Thu May 05, 2016 9:05 pm
It's reassuring to note that their shipping website has some very basic errors. As I don't plan to be their expert proof reader I won't mention here what the errors are.

I really think that the escrow idea has had its day, not that the average UK buyer has ever heard of escrow.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#293905 by Mike Wilson Fri May 06, 2016 12:27 am
www.msc-transport.com

Address Mediterranean Shipping Company Greece S.A., 12 Akti Poseidonos Street, 18531 Piraeus, Greece,
Telephone +30 211 198 4553
Fax +30 211 198 4538
E-mail Support: [email protected]
Sales: [email protected]

Fake shipping

The website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

Domain Name: MSC-TRANSPORT.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: IVY.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: SAM.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 26-apr-2016
Creation Date: 19-apr-2016
Expiration Date: 19-apr-2017

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon