Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#296660 by TerranceBoyce Mon May 30, 2016 5:55 pm
THE ONLY WAY TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THIS SCAM IS TO NOT PAY ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE VIEWED AND INSPECTED THE VEHICLE YOURSELF

IF FOR ANY REASON THE SELLER WON'T LET YOU SEE THE CAR BEFORE PAYING - WALK AWAY - YOU'RE BEING SCAMMED

Posted by the same scammer who posted this fraudulent advert on Autotrader UK

https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=120598

MOST RECENTLY THE SCAMMER HAS BEEN OBSCURING THE CAR REGISTRATION DETAILS FROM PHOTOS

There is no honest reason for a seller to hide or obscure the registration number of vehicle. The only motive is to hide the history and identity of the car from the buyer and make it difficult to trace (but it doesn't stop me). Walk away from any cars with registration details hidden.

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/bmw/3-series/used-bmw-3-series-2-0-318d-se-4dr-omagh-fpa-201605304451236?logcode=p 30 May 2016

£4,990 2013 BMW 3 SERIES 2.0 318d SE 4dr - Omagh - Trade Seller - (07767) 567391

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
Advertisement

#296760 by TerranceBoyce Tue May 31, 2016 2:36 pm
Even if you make the mistake of contacting one of these scammers, the errors in their messages are clear to see if you take the trouble to read them.

Thank you for submitting your enquiry to Bosgdan

Bosgdan will respond to you shortly but if you wish to contact them by phone in the meantime, the dealers' details are below…

Don't let someone else get this car before you

Call the dealer on (07767) 567391 now
Last edited by TerranceBoyce on Tue May 31, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#296761 by TerranceBoyce Tue May 31, 2016 2:38 pm
From - [email protected] - scammer's email address

Hello again Xxx,

At the moment, I am in Germany on business but I will be back to the UK next Monday.
I left the car in the custody of a UK Escrow Company.If you wish to close the deal through them, I can explain how their company works. If not, I can meet you next Monday when I am back.

Regards