Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#301451 by Michelle Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:02 am
"Tiffany Leppard" <[email protected]> wrote:
First may I say, I am so thankful to hear from you. The 1993 Nissan 300ZX GS is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems at the engine, runs very well. Have 84,xxx miles, 6 Cylinder ENGINE and manual transmission. Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Power Brakes and much more. The car is titled to me & has a clean title history.
The Nissan belonged to my husband, he loved very much and took very good care of it... but, he passed away 2 months ago in a truck accident...brings me bad memories and now I have decided to sell it.. The final price is $1,500.00. I don't want to make a business out of this and also I'm trying to sell it quickly, before 5th of next month when I'm leaving to Syria with the U.S. Convoy for 1 year contract, so please try to understand my situation.

P.S: I've attached some pictures.
SSgt. Tiffany Leppard

Thank you very much for getting back to me but I would like to clarify some things first. For the next 2 weeks I will be stationed in Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson Alaska, making final preparations for deployment. The vehicle is here with me and you get free delivery, by a military carrier with full support from our Logistics Department. It will take 3 days until the trailer will deliver the vehicle to your home address with all the papers.
I will use Apple Pay Insurance in this transaction for our protection. If you are not aware of this program, you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it. The inspection period will be set to 5 days and I think is enough for you to make a decision about the vehicle. If you won`t like my vehicle you notify Apple Pay and you send it back on my expense. But I assure you it won't be the case.
If you want to continue the purchase, please reply with your full name, delivery address and phone number so I can start the transaction with Apple Pay and ask them to send you the terms of this transaction. ( with no further obligation or fees).

Advertisement

#301555 by DMPerillo Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:45 pm
My husband is looking to purchase a truck on Craigslist. He was very interested in one from a woman who said her name was Tiffany Leppard. She said that she was in Alaska, in the U.S. military waiting for deployment. She also said that the truck for sale was her husband's who died 2 months ago. She was going to use a company called Apple Pay for the delivery of the truck for my husband to inspect before he bought it. For some reason, I had a gut reaction of suspicion. I googled her name. What I found was that she was listed on this website using all of the same information, her name, military, death of her husband 2 months ago, Apple Pay, the only difference was the type of vehicle so was "selling." I could not figure out how to erase my husband's information off of the email, so I cut and pasted her portion of the email to this post:

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Tiffany Leppard
<[email protected]> wrote:
First may I say, I am so thankful to hear from you. The 1995 GMC Sierra 1500 SIERRA is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems at the engine, runs very well. Have 70,xxx miles, 6 Cylinder ENGINE and automatic transmission. Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Power Brakes and much more. The truck is titled to me & has a clean title history.
The GMC,belonged to my husband, he loved very much and took very good care of it... but, he passed away 2 months ago in a car accident...brings me bad memories and now I have decided to sell it.. The final price is $1,600.00. I don't want to make a business out of this and also I'm trying to sell it quickly, before 5th of next month when I'm leaving to Syria with the U.S. Convoy for 1 year contract, so please try to understand my situation

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Tiffany Leppard
Thank you very much for getting back to me but I would like to clarify some things first. For the next 2 weeks I will be stationed in Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson Alaska, making final preparations for deployment. The vehicle is here with me and you get free delivery, by a military carrier with full support from our Logistics Department. It will take 3 days until the trailer will deliver the vehicle to your home address with all the papers.
I will use Apple Pay Insurance in this transaction for our protection. If you are not aware of this program, you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it. The inspection period will be set to 5 days and I think is enough for you to make a decision about the vehicle. If you won`t like my vehicle you notify Apple Pay and you send it back on my expense. But I assure you it won't be the case.
If you want to continue the purchase, please reply with your full name, delivery address and phone number so I can start the transaction with Apple Pay and ask them to send you the terms of this transaction. ( with no further obligation or fees).
#301559 by DMPerillo Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:51 pm
Hello!

My husband was looking for a truck to purchase on Craigslist. I had doubts so I googled her name. I found her here. She wrote the same things to him as she did to you, accept a different vehicle. Below are her emails to him:

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Tiffany Leppard
First may I say, I am so thankful to hear from you. The 1995 GMC Sierra 1500 SIERRA is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems at the engine, runs very well. Have 70,xxx miles, 6 Cylinder ENGINE and automatic transmission. Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Power Brakes and much more. The truck is titled to me & has a clean title history.
The GMC,belonged to my husband, he loved very much and took very good care of it... but, he passed away 2 months ago in a car accident...brings me bad memories and now I have decided to sell it.. The final price is $1,600.00. I don't want to make a business out of this and also I'm trying to sell it quickly, before 5th of next month when I'm leaving to Syria with the U.S. Convoy for 1 year contract, so please try to understand my situation

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Tiffany Leppard
#301562 by Mike Wilson Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:41 pm
Hello DMPerillo,
Thank you for posting the information on this scam. Apple Pay and iTune cards seem to be the latest method method of payment being used with these online scams.
Always inspect a vehicle in person before agreeing to make any payments and if they offer any excuse about why the vehicle is not available for inspection it is the time to walk away.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#303116 by cam sinatra Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:53 pm
First may I say, I am so thankful to hear from you. The 1993 Nissan 300ZX GS is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems at the engine, runs very well. Have 84,xxx miles, 6 Cylinder ENGINE and manual transmission. Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Power Brakes and much more. The car is titled to me & has a clean title history.
The Nissan belonged to my husband, he loved very much and took very good care of it... but, he passed away 2 months ago in a truck accident...brings me bad memories and now I have decided to sell it.. The final price is $1,500.00. I don't want to make a business out of this and also I'm trying to sell it quickly, before 28th of this month when I'm leaving to Syria with the U.S. Convoy for 1 year contract, so please try to understand my situation.

Pathetic...