Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#301885 by Mike Wilson Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:42 pm
Bruno Smith [email protected]

Never send money for a vehicle that you have never seen.

Hi and thanks for your interest in my vehicle,

I will be more than happy to show you the bakkie, but as I told you I left it at Gumtree storehouse and they will send the bakkie to your home address once the transaction is started. I had a few transactions with them thanks to my work around the world and I trust their services for lower fees and I will be sure that you will get the bakkie without any scratches or damages. The registration disc on the wind screen is still valid. When I left the bakkie in gumtree custody I have signed the notification of change of ownership and I gave them the registration certificate and they made the police clearance to check if everything is fine with it. Please understand that I have a lot of inquires about the vehicle and the buyer will be the first one who accepts Gumtree conditions.
Now let me explain the process and how this deal works.
Once you confirm you agree the procedure, I will forward the details to their team and they will contact you with all the details that you need to complete the deal and also to see that we are covered by them and that I am a verified seller. The vehicle will be delivered to your home address once the payment is ready with insurance paid by me until you take the ownership, RWC, keys, logbooks, police clearance, full service plan and all the papers signed. Payment will be made to gumtree and not to me, I don't ask any money in advance.
After you send them the deposit receipt once with the invoice printed and signed you will receive the bakkie in 3 working days and you will have 7 days to inspect and test it with an mechanic, and also drive it for 500 km.
At the end of the inspection period (7 days) you are forced to make a decision: keep it and gumtree will pay me or reject the vehicle and you will get fully refunded.
If you agree the conditions and you decide to continue the transaction, you can send me your full name, address, phone number and a copy of your ID or passport so I can start the transaction. As soon as I will get the requested details, I will send you a copy of my passport so you can be sure of my good intentions.
Yours faithfully,
Bruno

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement