Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
Advertisement

#304542 by Imet1945 Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:05 pm
Thank you for this, you have just saved me from losing several thousand pounds to this lot. I thought it was strange when there was no option to pay by credit card and I was told to email them to confirm the order and get payment details. Before I could even do that, I received a mail asking me to pay by Moneygram to an individual in London. I wasn't happy with that and told them that I would only pay by proper bank transfer and was provided with an invalid account in the Republic of Ireland, which when I challenged them about it they claimed was due to it being "only for Ireland customers and payment only betwen TBS Bank.". They then provided another IBAN, which was when I decided to do some reseach before sending the money and found myself here.
#304543 by AlanJones Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:15 pm
Thanks for posting Imet1945, the request for payment by Moneygram is yet more proof that they are scammers.

Please can you post the emails with the details of the Moneygram recipient and the Irish bank accounts (remove your personal details). This will help other victims avoid being scammed by them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#304544 by Imet1945 Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:23 pm
This is the first email that they sent to me from [email protected]

Thank you for shopping with us! Your order has been received and will be shipped once payment has been confirmed.
ORDER STATUS: Awaiting email confirmation from customer.

Shipping Method Info: DHL Express - International Shipping - Free Shipping

Your Order will be shipped via DHL Express and Shipment Insurance will be included.
Your Order will be shipped in the same day of payment.
Return Policy Info: 30 Days Money Back Guarantee

You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund.
We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
Payment Method: Money Gram International Money Transfer

Payment instructions for new registered customers:

You have two options when using Money Gram International Money Transfer:

Visit http://moneygram.com - Pay Online Securely with your Credit Card
Visit a local Money Gram agency - Cash or Credit Card

-Fill out the necessary Send Money form, ask agent if you need assistance
-They will require a valid ID
-You can pay with cash, a bank debit card or credit card
-Money Gram will charge you a money transfer fee
-Send the amount of the total shown on the invoice

Money Gram to transfer money: Fast, Conveniently, Securely, and Reliably.

Provide the following Receiver information:
Name: Eduard Craig
Address: 158 Westcombe Hill
City: London
State: England
Postal Code: SE3 7DH

Please email the following information to us at [email protected] including a photocopy of Money Gram payment receipt.

1. Control Number = _____________
2. Exact name used by the sender (i.e. your full name) = ________________
3. City Sent From = _______________
4. Country Sent From = ________________
5. Exact Amount Sent = ____________

All of the above information is needed at our end to collect your Money Gram funds.

Please write down these data which are necessary for payment.
PLEASE NOTE: In some countries it is not necessary to enter the entire address.

New registered customers must pay the first order via Money Gram.
Tracking information will be sent to your email address in the same day of payment.
All products are 100% original and Brand New in original sealed box with 2 years European warranty.
We offer 30 days Money Back and Return Policy.
For faster processing send an email to [email protected] and confirm your order and payment date.

Thanks a lot for choosing our shop. Our staff will provide you the best customer service.

AppTelSi Sales Department
e-Mail: [email protected]
Company name: AppTelSi
Company websie: http://www.apptelsi.eu

Then they sent these bank details:
Shipping this order from our warehouse in Ireland:
10 x Apple iPhone 6s Plus 64GB Silver €5,400.00

Bank Payment Details:

Beneficiary Name: AppTelSi
Bank Name: Permanent TSB
IBAN: ie83 ipbs 9932 5225 3843 65
BIC Code: ipbsue2d
Sort Code: 99-03-55
Bank Transfer Reference: Order#:XXXX

IMPORTANT:
INCLUDE YOUR ORDER ID# AS A REFERENCE IN YOUR BANK TRANSFER OTHERWISE WE CANNOT FIND YOUR ORDER!

Best Regards,
Customer Support

And finally this email.

Hello again, We are sorry the IBAN is good but only for Ireland customers and payment only betwen TBS Bank.

The IBAN for your order is: IE55 IPBS 9906 2986 3761 75 and BIC : IPBSIE2D

Best Regards,

Account details noted - AJ
Last edited by AlanJones on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
#304545 by AlanJones Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:30 pm
Thanks for posting the details.

For the bots:
Name: Eduard Craig
Address: 158 Westcombe Hill
City: London
State: England
Postal Code: SE3 7DH

Beneficiary Name: AppTelSi
Bank Name: Permanent TSB
IBAN: ie83 ipbs 9932 5225 3843 65
BIC Code: ipbsue2d
Sort Code: 99-03-55

IBAN : IE55 IPBS 9906 2986 3761 75 and BIC : IPBSIE2D

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#304589 by Ev Arc Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:11 am
Hi, my friend ordered a phone from this online store, and it has gone a week, no respond from them. Do you think she could somehow get her money back/. I know it was kind of stupid to trasfer the money to them but the whole online shop and info was trust likely
#304590 by AlanJones Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:24 am
If she sent the money by Moneygram, then they will have picked it up as soon as they got the details of the transfer and there is no way of getting it back. She should report the fraud to her local police.

#304595 by Terminator5 Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:24 pm
On the website the Privacy section says "Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998"
The "Data Protection Act 1998" is a UK Law and although the website itself gives no address or country of location , from that statement they are claiming to be in the UK .

There is no company named "AppTelSi" or "apptelsi.eu" registered with companies house in the United Kingdom . Also there are no yellow pages listings for a company by that name in the UK Yellow Pages .

This fake company can tell their fake lawyers to shove this where the " Sun don't shine" .

Daniel 8 :25