Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#304430 by Tim Atem Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:56 am
Using the email address [email protected]

From the ad on Craigslist (their email address was on the photo of the welder):
HgjMJUytj COmPLEte packaGE 2015 miLlEr Dynasty 350 tIg WELder With Ha - $1000

fGyUykJH
aLSO iNCLUdeS WirEleSs FOOt CoNtRol anD 14 pin reCEIVEr.
uSeD, 2 YEAr FACTOrY wARRaNTy RemaInInG...WARrANty gOod ThrU JUly 1, 2018.
tHiS iS A UseD macHINE WiTH 13 hOURS on It and 4,531 arc STARTs.
tHIs ComPlEtE PACKAgE INCLUdeS:
8 fT POWer cORd (No pLuG)
tWO 50-mm dINSe COnnEctors (350)
rUNnEr cART
COoLmATe 3.5
hAnd amptroL
weLDCRAfT watER CooLEd TOrch kiT
flOwMeter RegULaTOr aND gaS HOse

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in replying, the welder is still for sale if you want to buy it. My name is Lona White and now I am the legal owner of the 2015 Miller Dynasty 350 TIG Welder with Hand Amptrol Complete Package. The welder comes exactly as you see in the photos with all the accessories and the price that I have decided to sell it is $1000. The welder is a used machine with 13 Hours on it and 4,531 Arc Starts, this welder and everything on it runs as it should and have no problems. If you decide to buy it, I want to let you know that you will have 5 days to inspect it once it is delivered to your address. I have all the documents, service records, owner's manuals and will come with it.

Unfortunately, my husband passed one month ago, and I no longer need it. The welder was never used, since he passed away and it was stored properly. The welder is located in Provo UT, but the shipping is already paid so you don't need to worry, I had an buyer in your state who couldn't take the loan from his bank after we made arrangements to ship it, and the trucking company won't refund me so I can deliver it to your address if you buy it. If you have any questions about the welder or if you want more photos please feel free to ask.

God bless you,

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
Advertisement

#304549 by Tim Atem Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:02 pm
Anyone telling you that Amazon provides any type of service like this is a scammer! Amazon does not work that way!

My neighbors said that I am nuts if I send the welder with no guarantee, they advised me to use Amazon protection program for this transaction. I can't send the welder and hope and pray to receive my money....... I have contacted Amazon and they told me that offer a program especially created for this type of transaction, that protects both of us. Regarding the transaction, you will send the funds to Amazon and they will hold it until you receive the welder and inspect it. In this way, both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the transaction. Amazon holds and insure your money until receipt of the welder in good condition. That is how it works, as far as my concerns, I will be glad to know that Amazon is hold the funds during the delivery period.

I want to conduct this deal in good terms for both of us, I have been screwed once and I don't want that to happen once again. I'm a professional person, I don't have time either to mess people about or to have my time wasted. I have opened a transaction with Amazon and they will send you all the details about it. If you want to move forward with the transaction then the deal is done, once I receive the confirmation that you have completed the payment with Amazon I will move forward with the shipping procedures for you.

Thank you in advance!

#304551 by Tim Atem Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:33 pm
Amazon does not work this way and no legitimate seller would ever ask you to pay by purchasing prepaid cards and sending them the card/pin numbers!

Dear ,

Amazon Member Lona White started the transaction through Amazon Payments Protection Program!
After verifying all the details of this transaction we concluded that they are accurate, we have approved the development of this transaction, based on Seller's purchase protection account on file with Amazon Payments Safety Department.

Five easy steps to complete your Amazon Payments transaction:

Buyer and Seller Agree to Terms: Both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the Product, sale price and 5 days for the Buyer's inspection. Any invoices that are not paid within 48 hours will expire and your product will no longer be reserved.

Buyer Pays Amazon: If a Buyer is new to Amazon Payments or if the purchase amount exceeds $500 the Buyer submits payment using ***Amazon Gift Cards***

Seller Ships the Product: Upon payment verification, the Seller is authorized to ship the product and submit tracking information. Amazon verifies that the Buyer receives the product. The inspection period begins once the Product is delivered.

Buyer receives the Product: The Buyer has 5 days to verify the item and the option to accept or reject. Return shipping will be at the Seller's expense.

The Seller is Paid by Amazon Payments: The transaction is complete. If the buyer is not satisfied, he must notify our agency with the item issues, after the inspection period. A solution to most problems can usually be negotiated between the Buyer and Seller. If this is not possible, the Buyer will receive the money from our trust account. In case the Buyer refuse to continue the transaction with the Seller from other reasons, our agency will return the funds to the Buyer.

Amazon Payments Purchasing Information

Item: 2015 Miller Dynasty 350 TIG Welder with Hand Amptrol Complete Package

Sale Price : $1,000.00
Quantity : 1
Shipping : $0.00
Amazon Fees : Paid By Seller
Estimate Delivery : 3-5 days
Total : $1,000.00

Seller Information:

Name: Lona White

Address: 550 W 1578 S
Provo, UT, 84601
United States

Amazon Payments Payment Instructions

Payment must be submitted using Amazon Gift Cards. Amazon Gift Cards lets you enjoy the benefits of shopping online safely using Amazon Payments Protection Program without a credit card or bank account – avoid interest charges and bank fees. It's fast and secure.. •Great for everyday use •Available at retailers Nationwide •Load any amount between $20 and $500.

Buy Amazon Gift Cards at these participating retailers*:

For the full list of participating retail stores, go to Buy Amazon.com Gift Cards at Participating Retail Stores .

CVS Pharmacy
Locate a store

Sheetz
Locate a store

Dollar General
Locate a store

Associated Food Stores
Locate a store

Rite Aid
Locate a store

Save Mart
Locate a store

7-Eleven
Locate a store

Valero
Locate a store

Congratulations, this deal is yours. Please send your payment as indicated.

1. Locate the Amazon Gift Cards in the prepaid mall (Prepaid Product Section) and take the Amazon Gift Cards to any register. Tell the cashier or associate how much you want to add on each card. The cashier will take the Amazon Gift Cards and load the cash that you want. Your money is now on the Amazon Gift Cards and ready to be sent for your purchase.

2. You can add up to $500 onto a Amazon Gift Card, so buy as many Amazon Gift Cards as you need to complete the payment for your purchase. (For example: If you buy a merchandise priced at $1,500.00, you must buy 3 x Amazon Gift Cards loaded with $500.00 each)

Amazon Gift Cards are available at a number of retail locations. They are located in the Prepaid Card Mall, look for the following:

Confirm the payment by replying to this email with the following details for each of the Amazon Gift Cards:

- Amazon Gift Card Claim Codes - (15-digit PEEL OFF code from the back of each Amazon Gift Card)
- Amazon Order ID

Tracking Number Status: Pending

If you have any inquiry, questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be glad to assist. Each email inquiry and support ticket will be replied promptly (usually within a couple of minutes) but not later than 24 hours.

Sincerely,
Amazon Financial Department

© 1995-2016 Amazon Inc. All Rights Reserved. Amazon and the Amazon Payments logo are among the registered trademarks of Amazon Inc.