Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#310098 by Michelle Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:24 am
LK Web Media <[email protected]> ha scritto:

Firstly we apologize for delay but we had some problems with our server.
This item is still available - is Brand New (It is a Special Price because we have a stock liquidation - this item is New, original box - sealed, never used), comes with 2 Years of warranty and all manufacturer supplied accessories.

The total price is £350.00 + £10.00 for shipping (3 - 5 business days).

If you want to buy this item, please confirm your full name, delivery address and your phone # to have your order placed with Amazon. We will reserve the item for you and you will receive the order confirmation from Amazon, the Amazon order contain all details about the next steps to complete your purchase.

Return policy is full money back or replace the product, you can return it for any reason at all within 30 days.

Many Thanks,
LK Web Media

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#310163 by Tim Atem Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:57 am
Ignore any emails from them and block their phone number. If that's the only information they have, there's not much they can do with it. If they continue to call your phone from different numbers, you may want to change your phone number.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#310439 by dfalireas Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:14 am
On 25th of October, I purchased 2 laptops from them in Amazon.co.uk. Although I suspected something I didn't searched more about it as it was an amazon seller. Yesterday I googled "lk web media fraud" and came across your site. Everything including the email I received from them, is exactly as you describe. I contacted my bank in Greece, but could not do anything due to the three days delay. I contacted the Spain bank, that did not bother much. They said it's best to take this issue with Amazon. I contacted the Amazon uk customer service, and they are taking care of it. They also said I will get a refund.

Thank you so much for this website and the relevant post that you have created. It was the alarm for me. Thank you so much! Don't ever think that your time is wasted.

If you need anything else from me ley me know.

Best regards,
Dionisis
#312771 by Coolcmsc Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:39 am
Hi, had this exact experience with the same text content. I was buying on Amazon. The seller asks for direct contact on the Amazon page. If you do that, a reply arrives from the seller with this text.
Thanks to scamwarners I discovered the scam at that point following a Google search for the email text.
Point of note : The seller was an Amazon "New Seller" which taken together with the request for direct email may be a good red flag for the scam.