Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#310923 by Banguts Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:54 am
Guessing this is a a bunch of boolsheit?
Just realizing how many grammatical errors I blindly overlooked because I wanted this to be real. I'm gonna be kicking myself if this was for real, though, fortunately, I'll never find out.

abigail young <[email protected]> Oct 31 at 4:57 PM
To
Message body
Hello,
Thank you for your message. The bobcat is available and is in perfect shape,no mechanical issues. Bobcat 863 model,only 2500hours, no kind of problems!. The price is $1.800, final price! Anyway, if the price is good, let me know. I can send you pictures if you want.

Thank you,
Abigail
---------------------
abigail young <[email protected]> Nov 1 at 7:20 AM
To
Message body
Hi again, the thing is I'm selling this bobcat because my husband passed away not long ago (he was very sick) and this bobcat brings me bad memories and that's the reason why I want to sell it asap...I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and we moved to my parents in Topeka,KS trying to start a new life. The bobcat is already at the shipping company in the container, sealed and ready for delivery.. The bobcat is there already because someone agreed to buy it, but in the end he never got the loan. For this reason, the shipping is already paid.
I will use Google Wallet in this transaction for our protection. If you are not aware of this program, you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the bobcat before paying me. The inspection period will be set to 5 days and I think is enough for you to make a decision about the bobcat.If you won`t like my bobcat, you notify Google Wallet and you send the bobcat back on my expense. But I assure you it won't be the case.
If you want to continue the purchase, please reply with your full name, delivery address and phone number so I can start the transaction with Google Wallet and ask them to send you the terms of this transaction. ( with no further obligation or fees).
Attached you will find some photos.
Thank you
10 AttachmentsView allDownload all
-----------------------------------
abigail young <[email protected]> Nov 1 at 12:12 PM
To
Message body
I'm sorry but I don't know to many mechanical details... I know it's a 2001 machine with no issues, I know that it was well maintained and that's all I know... I may have the serial number if you need it...

Here is how the transaction works :
1. The Seller will open the transaction with Google Wallet and they sends the invoice to buyer
2. The buyer has to make the payment to Google Wallet service they will deposit the money into their trust account..
3. Google Wallet confirms to seller that the amount has been received and notify him to start the shipping.
4. Seller performs the required services (shipping, insurance).
5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs Google Wallet if he is satisfied or not with the vehicle received.
6. then Google Wallet Financial Department will release the money to the seller and the deal is closed...

As you can see, you will receive the bobcat BEFORE any money is released to me. From the moment you receive the bobcat you have 5 days to inspect it.
----------------------
abigail young <[email protected]> Nov 1 at 3:12 PM
To
Message body
The bobcat is already in custody of the shipping company in Topeka KS. If you want to take my bobcat you have to send me your full name, full shipping address and phone# and I will forward them to Google Wallet and they will contact you soon. And you will also get free shipping because I already pay for the shipping and after you get the bobcat you will get 5 day inspection time also and within that time if you face any problem you can again send me that back in free of cost and Google Wallet will give you full refund.
-----------------------------
abigail young <[email protected]> Nov 1 at 3:12 PM
To
Message body
The shipping will take no more than 48hrs.
----------------------------
abigail young <[email protected]> Nov 1 at 4:51 PM
To
Message body
no problem, I'll wait for your confirmation before I will start the transaction.
Last edited by Banguts on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#310925 by Tim Atem Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:10 am
It is a scam - Google Wallet does not do escrow and that's not how Google Wallet works. Did you get an email from the fake Google Wallet? If so, please post it with the email addresses (remove your personal information). This will help warn others.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#310952 by Banguts Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:57 am
abigail young <[email protected]> Today at 8:52 AM
To
Message body
Angus at this point the bobcat is reserved for you. I have forwarded the transaction details to Google Wallet and they will contact us today with further steps to complete the transaction.

Thank you,
#311018 by Banguts Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:40 pm
Google Wallet <[email protected]>
To
@yahoo.com [email protected]
Message body
Inline image

Dear ,

You can find the invoice for the Bobcat 863 Skid Steer attached to this email.
Follow the attachments to download your Invoice or click for see your Invoice.

Order ID Number: 34366583135

Sincerely,
The Google Wallet team
Google Wallet Purchase Protection Service
______________________________ _________________________
Reply to this e-mail, if you have any questions.
Invoice - Case ID 34366583135 .pdf
--------------------------
<removed link because it contains personal information - Tim. Text of the invoice posted below>
#311085 by Tim Atem Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:38 am
Thank you for posting. Ignore any further emails from them, do not reply to them, do not tell them you know it's a scam and do not tell them you posted here.

No legitimate payment service would have you buy prepaid cards to pay for purchases nor offer "buyer protection" in this way.

Moving this topic to Auctions & Online Selling.

Google Wallet

Google Wallet Payments sent this invoice to <snipped>

* Transaction ID 34366583135
Date 11/2/2016
Item Title: Bobcat 863 Skid Steer
Item Condition: Used
Shipping: FREE Shipping (1 - 2 Days)
Price: US $1,800.00
Guarantee: Google Wallet BUYER PROTECTION

Seller! Certified by Google Wallet Payments Inc!
Name: Abigail Young
Address: SE 46th St,
Topeka, KS 66609

Shipping to (Buyer)!
<snipped>

US $1,800.00 as deposit in our Google Wallet Verified account via Walmart Money Cards

1 Go to nearest Walmart Store.

2 Purchase a Walmart Money Card with cash ($25-$500) at the register to activate.

3 Confirm your payment by replying us with the Walmart Money Card numbers (16 Digits Numbers, the CVV, and the expiration date)

How to make the payment?

Go to nearest Walmart Store.

Pick up 4 Walmart Money Vouchers from the Prepaid Product Section and take it to the register. The cashier will collect your cash and load it onto the One Vanilla Cash ( 3 x $500.00 +1 x $300 )

Send a photo or a scanned copy of your payment receipts by replying to this email and a photo or a scanned copy of the back of your Walmart Money Cards, where we can see the Walmart Money Numbers, so we can add them to the files and validate your payment.

Walmart Money Cards cost $4.95 or less. There are no hidden fees or charges. Just purchase your Walmart Money Cards, use cash to load it and you are ready to go.

IMPORTANT:

Once you bought the Walmart Money vouchers and loaded the funds you have to confirm your payment by reply to this email with the Walmart Money Code (16-digit redemption code of the front/back of your each card) and send the scanned copy of your payment receipts and a scanned copy off the front/back of your vouchers, with the Numbers readable to our Fax Number: +1 (844) 329-1482

If you don't have a fax machine, send it by replying to this email the attached copies or upload us the photo with the full Walmart Money Card and payment receipt with all edges/corners visible. The Walmart Money Card vouchers must be scratched and the Number Visible, don't DAMAGE the Code when Scratching because the Payment will be INVALID.

IMPORTANT: Please do not activate the cards so we can validate your payment.

When the payment is received it will be validated and secured as deposit directly into our Google Wallet trust account. Payment verification process usually takes less than 12 hours. After payment is secured, we will ship the item. Your funds will not be released to the Seller until you have received and approved the item you are purchasing.

Why should I use Walmart Money Card:
No credit card or bank account required to use the Walmart Money Card
The fast and easy way to add money without a bank account
Once the transfer is complete, your money is instantly available for use
Walmart Money and Google Wallet Payments encourage you to pay with confidence using Walmart Cards

Payment by other method will avoid this transaction and your right to refund.

Walmart Money lets you enjoy the benefits of buying online without a credit card or bank account avoid interest charges and bank fees. Now you can turn the cash in your wallet into instant spending power anywhere accepted including Google Wallet Payments!

Walmart Money is designed for all customers looking for products on the Google Wallet Payments but do not needed have a Google Wallet account and would like to close a deal quickly.

Currently, this seller has a $5,000.00 deposit in an Google Wallet Payments managed purchase protection sale account. Transactions with Google Wallet Payments seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors. For your safety, this account was locked today, for 30 days time period. The seller is unable to withdraw any money from this account, within this period.

Buy with Confidence! Google Wallet Payments protects your vehicle purchase against fraud and material misrepresentation. This program is provided for FREE on all eligible vehicle transactions. There is no sign-up, opt-in, or registration necessary.

Complete your Google Wallet Payments transaction in 5 easy steps!

Buyer and seller agree on the transaction terms and a selling price. Seller contacts Google Wallet Payments with the transaction details;

Google Wallet Payments accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from either the buyer or the seller);

The Buyer receives an invoice and complete the payment to Google Wallet Payments.

After the payment is received and approved Google Wallet will initiate the delivery and will ship it in three business days.

Buyer receives the merchandise and has five days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If he refuses the merchandise, the buyer must ship the merchandise back within three business days.

The seller will pay for shipping back the merchandise.

After the inspection period is over ( 5 business days ), the buyer must contact us with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the merchandise, the refund will be sent to the buyer after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified.

Should you need a refund for this transaction, the insured amount will be taken from the seller's purchase protection account and sent to you. The refund is sent to your bank account, or by check or money order.

You have 30 days from the above verification date to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 3 days.

Buyers and Sellers know what to expect: The Buyer and Seller view and agree to terms before the transaction begins. Payments are Guaranteed Shipments are Safe: The Seller may feel safe when shipping the merchandise to the Buyer, knowing that the Buyer's payment has been verified by Google Wallet Payments.

Copyright 2016 Google Wallet Payments Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Google Wallet Payments and the Google Wallet Payments logo are trademarks of Google Wallet Payments Inc.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#311143 by Banguts Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:20 pm
I got one more email from "Abigail" asking if I sent the money to google wallet yet, but no, I didn't respond or aware them of this site. I don't think I would have fallen for it, but THANK YOU all the same for this site, it definitely kept me from second guessing myself.
#317505 by debm Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:32 pm
"Abigail" is still at it --- hubby ran across a "too good to be true unless there was something else wrong with it" deal on a Volvo SUV. he contacted the seller and got an email with pictures and and an email that was worded identically to the one for the Bobcat with SUV substituted. still agonizing over the loss of the husband and the bad memories... sadly, the SUV is "in storage" with a shipper because "someone else was going to buy it but couldn't get a loan.... blah blah blah... "

so hubby says to me, "do you think this is a scam?" and i did one google search and here i am.
#317506 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:37 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Its a scam. Google wallet does not act as an escrow service. Only scammers believe in escrow services.

Please post any new email addresses and phone numbers used.

Please buy your vehicle locally where you physically see it, test drive and have your mechanic look it over.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#317507 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:51 pm
https://support.google.com/faqs/answer/2952493?hl=en
Google Wallet vehicle purchase scam
You find a cheap car online, and the seller claims that for your protection the purchase will be completed via Google Wallet. The car price is "too good to be true" and the seller claims a need to sell the car quickly because he or she is moving, moving out of the country, being called for military service, getting a divorce, etc. The reality is that there is no car, and you won’t be using Google Wallet. Instead, the seller will send you an invoice that appears to be from Google Wallet, but will instruct you to make the payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer.

A legitimate Google Wallet transaction will require that you sign in to your Google Account and execute the payment using the Google Wallet interface. Google Wallet does not accept wire transfers/bank transfers or payments via Western Union/MoneyGram, nor does it use any escrow type of payment.

Google Wallet used to be called Google Checkout, and some scammers still use the Checkout logo and trademarks in their emails and other communications.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/