Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#334821 by Michelle Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:37 am
[email protected]

To complete the transaction, payment must be made using Bank Wire Transfer because it is the conventional method of transferring international funds.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item Name: (Car documents, keys & Contract of Sale)
Money Transfer Service: Bank Wire Transfer
Item Price: € 2,419,00
Amount to transfer: €2,419.00 (Awaiting Confirmation)

I) A wire transfer can be made from one bank account to another bank account or through a transfer of cash at a cash office.

II) You can pay on-line if you have an online-banking.

We recommend the online transfer system, the electronic transfer from bank to bank is considered to be the safest international payment method.

*When you complete the transfer you are requested to use the option SEPA (Express Transfer) so the money can reach our bank account in the next 48 hours because usually the banking transfers takes 3-5 working days*

*Payment must be submitted via Bank Wire Transfer to Cartenson LIMITED financial bank account*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cartenson EUROPE LIMITED - International Financial Account:
Please use the following details correct in order to receive the money without delays.

ACCOUNT HOLDER: ROBERT DANIEL COJAN
IBAN: MT14 STBA19 116000 200050 674582 494
SWIFT/BIC: STBAMTMTXXX

BANK NAME: SATABANK P.L.C.

*Note Very Important*

In order for our system to easily identify your payment please use the transaction ID "1SE1RXCU73U" when performing the transfer no other words, spaces or dashes.

Please note that it is extremely important to use the exact details of the account. Account names are generated to be unique for each transaction so we can identify your payments faster. The beneficiary name must be as written above.
Failure to use the exact information as stated above will result in your bank transfer being returned to you at your own expense.

In order for our Financial Department to be able to validate your transfer in the shortest period of time possible, please send us the scanned receipt from your bank through:

- e-mail: [email protected]

The payment must be made within the next 2 working days to this bank account. In opposite case, your transaction request will expire.

Thank you for choosing Cartenson EUROPE LIMITED !

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#335026 by Duxn Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:47 am
Hi Michelle,

I was just requesting more information (pictures etc.) per email about a car which is offered on a platform in Austria. The email address which has been sent to me per SMS was "[email protected]".

After sending the request to this email address I tried to google the email and got to ScamWarners.

What do you think, is this online car sale a fraud attempt?

Thanks & cheers,
Duxn
#335028 by Mike Wilson Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:59 am
Hello Duxn,
It is a scam. My advice is to never purchase a vehicle without an in person inspection.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon