Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#358551 by AllyA Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 am
I recently listed something on eBay and this morning I got a notification saying that it had sold. I then received an email that looked legit (at the time) and looked like an email from eBay. In the email there was a message saying:

"Hi Mate, Glad I won your item. I'm currently in New Zealand at the moment. Please email me at [email protected] confirming the exact condition of the item. I will be going for an appointment now but will be able to access my email from my iPhone, so email me at [email protected] using the eBay Item Number as the subject. Make sure you email me with your email address here is mine as stated earlier [email protected]"

I wasn't thinking properly and didn't even realise that it could be a scam and I emailed the address from the email then I found out that this is a scam email.
Will anything happen because of this? What should I do?
Please help
Advertisement

#358844 by Bryon Williams Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:45 am
Keep all messages with in Ebay's messaging system.

Do not contact members off the site.

Check on the real Ebay site using your normal credentials and make sure your listing sold.

Forward the fake email to:
How to report spoof and phishing emails
If you receive a suspicious email, you should report it to us immediately. Here's how:

Don't click any links in the email or open any attachments.
Forward the message to us at
We'll let you know that we received the email.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/