Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#362985 by Fury419 Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:59 am
I recently had someone with that name contact me regarding a car I am selling, "she" used the email addresses [email protected] and [email protected] .

She asked for pictures of the maintenance log and the VIN number... I suspect they will try to use this info to scam someone by listing my car at a very low price and asking for a downpayment.

If someone sees a metallic grey Toyota Landcruiser 100 with less than 100K on it that looks like this, please let me know: Image

This car is being sold in the Netherlands by me, it is definitely not being sold in Italy or anywhere else. If someone who claims to be "Paola Perotti" tells you she is selling this car, this is a scam!

Lessons learned: don't send pictures of your maintenance log to strangers, or if you do blur out the details.

I have listed the car on these sites:

Autoscout24:Links Removed MB
Advertisement

#362991 by Sib1987 Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:50 am
I have the same story, with the same person, who emailed me from an different emailadress: [email protected] I also send pictures of the maintenance log, and the back of my car registration card.

Two totally different cars, emails from 3 different emailadresses?

I am selling my car on [Removed - AJ]
If you see someone else offer this car for sale, please let me know.
This is my car:
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed external link
#363094 by Fury419 Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:26 am
Apologies for posting links to the original ads, it was never my intention to "promote" my car in any way on this forum. I just wanted to warn people for possible fake ads placed by this scammer.

I will actively run an image-search on Google to see if I can find any fake ads with my car on it.
#363096 by AlanJones Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:57 am
It's not so much that we don't want you promoting the car here. If we suddenly start getting inundated with numerous links to different listings on classifieds sites, we have no way of telling whether they are all the legitimate owners doing like you were or whether a scammer has caught on to a way of legitimizing his adverts by using us to link to them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#363284 by DR DR. Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:30 am
I had the same results. A woman want to buy my car for a very high price. It's a Volkswagen Golf VI First she said she want to pay cash on arrival. Later she wants to pay with bank transfer. Also she wants to pay to make a reservation. She kept repeating, it's a very nice car and she wants to buy it. Please be advised don't fall for it.
The names she used are:
Paola Perroti
from Italy
[email protected]
[email protected]
My reply was that i didn't trust it. She kept asking for my chassisnumber so she could do some checks with her VW dealer. I didn't give it. She send her ID and Card for my trust. She want's to come Tuesday. I'm gonna cancel this transaction because i dont trust her.
#363440 by John1965 Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:53 pm
I had the same last days. She tries to buy my Mustang. Unfortunally I did send the asked details because I primary trust people at first. I got suspicious and looked up het name through google and found thus post. I registered and found the details of this post.
I did send her an email with the question if it was true it was a scam. I also told “her” if it was a scam, I am going to report it to the police. You all should do so if you have the same experience. Please report it to the police.
#363493 by Fury419 Tue May 01, 2018 3:30 am
John1965 wrote:I did send her an email with the question if it was true it was a scam.

I hope you didn't tell her about this forum, as soon as "she" finds out that people are on to the scam "she'll" just use another stolen identity.