Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#365018 by Edward Knutsen Fri May 18, 2018 2:12 pm
Title: 1960 Alfa Romeo Spider

Hello,

my name is David Mauldin. I have attached more photos so you can check out the current condition of the car.

The car comes with a clear title and I will not take less than $7,000 (shipping within the US included). Unfortunately I can't show you the car in person because I was just sent to the rig (I work as a field engineer for two oil companies in the Gulf of Mexico). Now please allow me to tell you the reason I'm selling. I had arrangements to ship this car to a dear friend in Germany but due to a medical emergency the deal was cancelled, so we had to put the shipping on hold. Currently the car is located in Miami, FL ready to be delivered to it's new owner. The shipping company we are using also provides an escrow service (third party service) which gives security to both seller and buyer. Basically you have the possibility to inspect the car for 7 days before you decide whether you want to keep it or not. I have email access so setting up this transaction won't be a problem.

Sincerely yours,
David Mauldin
BSChE
Subsea Hydraulics Engineer
+1 (409) 698-0433
[email protected]

Hello,

this car was placed in storage in 1974 and remained there until I bought it in 2015. The exterior has been repainted once in the original white around 1967. The bodywork appears to be straight and shows no evidence of previous accident damage according to the previous owner. Door fit is good, and the original Pininfarina stamping can be seen on the hood, trunk floor, and trunk lid. All the original exterior trim is present including bumpers, wheels, hubcaps, and lights. The chrome is in serviceable condition for a driver but would likely need to be redone for a restoration. The original Veglia gauges, switches, and door handles are all present and overall the interior looks complete. The windshield is cracked and needs to be replaced. The 1300cc Normale engine retains its original single Solex carburetor and overall the engine bay appears to be original. The floors appear solid, and there is no evidence of previous accident damage. Original parts remain on this car including a working trunk latch, Ceam and Lucas switchgear, 2-piece PF badging, Lucas ignition coil, Solex carb and original air cleaner, working Bosch twin horns, and the original early date-coded sealed beam headlights. This is an accident free, unmolested Giulietta that looks to be a great starting point for a complete restoration.

Here you can read how the shipping/escrow process works: http://erpcarstrading.com/howitworks.php
You just need to create an account on the website and when you are ready I will start the necessary procedures.
Then they will contact you and provide all the info you need for completing the transaction (including the bill of sale and purchase contract).

They also create an account on BBB ( ERP Cars Trading Limited) . Is not BBB accredited but is there .
Advertisement

#365530 by Sensei Fri May 25, 2018 10:22 am
Reply from DM 05/14/2018 to online vehicle offer.

Hello

my name is David Mauldin. I have attached more photos so you can check out the current condition of the car.

The car comes with a clear title and I will not take less than $17,500. Unfortunately I can't show you the car in person because I was just sent to the rig (I work as a field engineer for two oil companies in the Gulf of Mexico). Now please allow me to tell you the reason I'm selling. I had arrangements to ship this car to a dear friend in Germany but due to a medical emergency the deal was cancelled, so we had to put the shipping on hold. Currently the car is located in Miami, FL ready to be delivered to it's new owner. The shipping company we are using also provides an escrow service (third party service) which gives security to both seller and buyer. Basically you have the possibility to inspect the car for 7 days before you decide whether you want to keep it or not. I have email access so setting up this transaction won't be a problem.

Sincerely yours,
David Mauldin
BSChE
Subsea Hydraulics Engineer
+1 (409) 698-0433
[email protected]